Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iPad Pro 12.9 - What a huge difference!

What a huge difference!

Due to a lucky circumstance I have a new iPad 12.9 in use since this weekend! I have to say that I am positively very surprised. The difference in size is more noticeable than I thought.

When I switched from the Air 2 to the iPad Pro 10.5 last year, I did so very consciously. Besides the pure computing power, the mobility factor was very important to me. Size and weight simply fit. The slightly larger display compared to the Air2 also had a very positive effect. I was happy!

Now I have been using the "huge" 12.9 Pro for 3 days and I have to admit that I am more than enthusiastic! The display is really a different house number, for me a game changer. I now feel twice as much fun working on the iPad! The often very well filled screens of the apps are now much easier to grasp and operate and playing on the screen keyboards has become much easier.

I think everyone who works creatively would benefit from a 12.9 Pro.

Besides my music I also take a lot of pictures and make videos. For example, when I open Affinity Photo or LumaFusion, I get a very happy smile on my face... 😊

Cool! I think the iPad Pro 12.9 was a good investment for me!
What do other 12.9 owners think? Do you feel like me?

So far I have only discovered one disadvantage - the noticeably higher weight. But you always have to make a compromise...

Comments

• I got a 12.9 when they first came out and loving it, any other size seems too small and it makes many apps more playable with a bigger surface.

• I wouldn't go back to using smaller accept when I don't have my 12.9 with me. So much more productive with it and for creative apps the bigger the screen the better. It was a game changer for me as well coming from the Air 2.

• Is that your Air 2, top right? Looks like a mini compared to the others.

• edited August 2018

I’m on my second iPad Pro 12.9”, and, hopefully can buy me my third in late September!
    But, if Apple made an 15” iPad or iMac touch, I would buy that too!

• I Loved it. Lost it. Grieved it. Missed it. Had to replace it.

That was a horrible 48 hours! :)

• A couple of weeks ago I went the other way – from the 2015 big one to the 2017 medium one (although 256GB this time) (and another keyboard for this size), and am far happier because of the portability.

• I started pro with 10.5. But since I have been using Affinity Designer lately, I am clearly waiting for the next gen of 12.9 to grab one. September/october possibly?

• @R_2 said:
    Is that your Air 2, top right? Looks like a mini compared to the others.

It’s my old Mini2, I sold my Air2 after getting the 10.5 Pro. I just keep the Mini because it’s still on IOS 10...

• @chandroji, congrats on acquiring such an amazing piece of 21st century magic. I am crying snide ring (don't you love the iPad word picker... I am "considering" a 12.9. Had to leave the "crying snide ring" maybe the hit ringtone of all time?) one as well. I am very curious as to the 4gb RAM on the new Pros. Much better than 2gb? How so, please?

• I love my 12.9. I still have my Air 1 and it seriously looks like a mini in size. I look at the Air 1 and think to myself, I used that thing for how many years. It is almost unreal the difference. Yes the 12.9 is not as portable but I usually have a backpack with me anyway so not much of a difference.

• I love my 12.9 for reading sheet music and large mixing sessions, but in all honesty after 11 months of using the 12.9", I switched to a cheap 128gb 2018 iPad as my main everyday device and have relegated my 12.9"as my sheet music reader (cheaper than a 10.5", and has plenty of processing power for sketching out ideas and even completing simpler tracks such as bass house music). My hands would often get a cramp if I tried to hold onto the 12.9", and even worse is when I try to draw in ProCreate, the side of my palm would often trigger the "two finger tap undo", sometimes losing me 30-60 minutes' of work if "creating a new layer" or "layer switch" was what was undone.

The 2018 iPad is easy to whip out when inspiration strikes.

• edited August 2018

I had 10.5 briefly it was cool. But it broke at the end of one of those “everything went wrong today” days and I decided to get 12.9 to lift my spirits. What a surprisingly Massive difference.

For pocket portability I can use my iPhone - but iPad Pro 12.9 travels with me in a back pack and it’s no issue to use when I have 10 minutes or more to create

• For music apps it is the way to go! Not as good a size to hold in your hands, and stare at the internet, or to take traveling, but if the actual end goal is music production, it is wonderful. All those teeny tiny apps with so much stuff crammed onto the screen are usable. I got an old one, rather than a smaller, faster new one- the old 12.9 goes plenty fast enough for audio production, it is the screen size that is the most important spec.

• I think if i ever get an iPad again i go for the biggest size. Bigger is better. Same for the iPhone.

• @Processaurus said:
    For music apps it is the way to go! Not as good a size to hold in your hands, and stare at the internet, or to take traveling, but if the actual end goal is music production, it is wonderful. All those teeny tiny apps with so much stuff crammed onto the screen are usable. I got an old one, rather than a smaller, faster new one- the old 12.9 goes plenty fast enough for audio production, it is the screen size that is the most important spec.

100% agree!
    I really enjoy the bigger screen using all of my creativity apps. For all other apps the normal sized iPad is more than enough for me. I bought the 12.9 especially for my Studio Apps and it was a good decision! 😊

I remember the first time I fingered a 12.9 at the Apple Store. At that time I thought, much too heavy, I like the 10.5 much more. I also remember that there were no music apps installed in the store. If I could have tried Cubasis and some synthesizers in the shop, I might have noticed the advantages of the larger screen. I probably would also have noticed the better sound of the speakers. The 12.9 sounds much better than the smaller iPads if no headphone or speakers connected.🎶😎

• edited August 2018

@chandroji said:

@Processaurus said:
    For music apps it is the way to go! Not as good a size to hold in your hands, and stare at the internet, or to take traveling, but if the actual end goal is music production, it is wonderful. All those teeny tiny apps with so much stuff crammed onto the screen are usable. I got an old one, rather than a smaller, faster new one- the old 12.9 goes plenty fast enough for audio production, it is the screen size that is the most important spec.

100% agree!
    I really enjoy the bigger screen using all of my creativity apps. For all other apps the normal sized iPad is more than enough for me. I bought the 12.9 especially for my Studio Apps and it was a good decision! 😊

I remember the first time I fingered a 12.9 at the Apple Store. At that time I thought, much too heavy, I like the 10.5 much more. I also remember that there were no music apps installed in the store. If I could have tried Cubasis and some synthesizers in the shop, I might have noticed the advantages of the larger screen. I probably would also have noticed the better sound of the speakers. The 12.9 sounds much better than the smaller iPads if no headphone or speakers connected.🎶😎

When I bought iPad mini 1 after it came out, it got the MOST use - it went wherever I went - grocery store, mall, movie theater, you name it. I still have it and love it and wish Apple kept updating its specs on par with Air. My Air 2 doesn't go everywhere with me mainly due to its size. Apple should release a 11" iPad as a sweet-spot as 10.5" doesn't make much difference from 9.7".

I've suggested Steinberg to with work with Apple and have Cubasis installed on demo iPads in Apple Retail Stores to help users make their buying decisions - now that Cubasis is Pro-optimized and also because Gadget is installed on demo iPads:

https://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=183&t=141853

https://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=183&t=95171&p=734681&hilit=powerobject#p734681

• I plan to get a 2017? 12.9 Inch after the 2018 versions came out!