Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Midiplus Smartpad

Has anyone had success using the MidiPlus Smartpad with iOS apps? Specifically, I'm hoping to use it for pattern select on various sequencers. Cheers.

Comments

• I've got 2. They are like 90% perfect. The encoders are a great idea. Unfortunately the 10% that's not perfect really hamper them.

1) They are not programmable. You are stuck with the notes/CC/channels they spit out
    2) The LED's are messed up. If you send notes BACK to the pad, the LED's don't work right. Led goes blue I think and doesn't turn out.

I emailed them like a year ago, they had an engineer do a firmware update that allowed more LED control, but I could never get the firmware to load into the unit and they never responded to any more emails. :(

Also keep in mind that they suck too much power, so you'll need to use a powered hub or the CCk that allows power.

• Also keep in mind that they suck too much power, so you'll need to use a powered hub or the CCk that allows power.

Thanks so much for this!

Curious on the midi channel (s?) - I tried to find the channel info, does it only send on a single channel? Are there presets? I could certainly map them with some midi massage app... LMK, thanks!!

• I think the channel changes depending on the "mode" you're in. If you're good using something like MIDIflow, you can map it pretty well. For the money they are pretty decent.

It's funny, when I was at NAMM in Jan. that weird Chinese company called Worlde (they seem to knock off a lot of Korg midi controllers) had a bunch of REALLY awesome looking controllers. Pads with faders & encoders, etc. etc. Very unique. They never came to market... :(