Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Audio bus au midi?

Hey when i chose an app in ab as “Audio units” my midi keyboard is not playing notes. However when i choose “Apps” it plays fine.
What am i doing wrong?
-thx

Comments

• In AudioBus3 have you selected your Keyboard in the MIDI Input lane, then loaded the MIDI output of that lane with your Audio Unit app?

MIDI PAGE
    MIDI input (keyboard with channel selected as needed)—>MIDI effect (optional)—>MIDI Output—>the Audio Unit you want to play(Let’s say Zeeon).
    When selected as MIDI output, AudioBus will then automatically create a Zeeon Audio Input Lane on the AUDIO page.

When you seleted “apps” it’s using the apps’ own settings for midi routing, but with Audio Units the Midi is controlled by the host, in this case AudioBus, so it has to be set up. There may be exceptions but I think this covers it.

Hope it helps.
    Cheers,
    Toz

• @TozBourne said:
    In AudioBus3 have you selected your Keyboard in the MIDI Input lane, then loaded the MIDI output of that lane with your Audio Unit app?

MIDI PAGE
    MIDI input (keyboard with channel selected as needed)—>MIDI effect (optional)—>MIDI Output—>the Audio Unit you want to play(Let’s say Zeeon).
    When selected as MIDI output, AudioBus will then automatically create a Zeeon Audio Input Lane on the AUDIO page.

When you seleted “apps” it’s using the apps’ own settings for midi routing, but with Audio Units the Midi is controlled by the host, in this case AudioBus, so it has to be set up. There may be exceptions but I think this covers it.

Hope it helps.
    Cheers,
    Toz

Thx!