Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Aum Simple looper- where are ya??

I copied this post from “thepinke” at aum forum.....few responses with no answer and many wondering why this doest exist. Any suggestions?

“Can anyone recommend which of the many iOS Lopper apps work with AUM the best ?
I am thinking of a setup where each output goes to its own loop ( or from a bus) and if record is on then it’s records in the loop track else it plays the loop
MIDI controlled of course to start and stop the looper
I got attempted a klunky setup with Loopy HD but had to pipe AUM output to Audiobus and then from there to Loopy but was not able to change and control tracks
I am sure there is a better Looper that works better with how AUM is designed and feeds directly into each looper track from each mix output ??
I was hunting for some videos also to see but can’t find anyone who has managed to setup a IOS only live looping setup with AUM”

Comments

• Why not just take AUM out of the equation?

• Just want record a loop (unsequenced, unqunatized),add effects, do this for multiple channels, mixing away via aum.

• Audio and midi rec/playback looping in AUM is probably the biggest feature I require on ios. Sorry I don't have a good solution for you. I'm wishing for a AUM update can elegantly resolve this as part of the AUM app itself.

• @BiancaNeve said:
    Why not just take AUM out of the equation?

Blasphemy

• @[Deleted User] said:

@BiancaNeve said:
    Why not just take AUM out of the equation?

Blasphemy

Hahahahaha!!

• This is how I do looping in AUM. My aim was to build something that does Frippertronics on an iPad, so slightly different than described but with several instances of Kosmonaut you might still get where you want to get.

• edited August 2018

The advantage of using loopy into Audiobus into AUM is that you get separate, individual loops that you can then run through effects. Loopy and Audiobus integration rocks.

I’d be more than curious to see what you can find though ;)

• I made a preset on Kosmonaut called „INIT %%%“ :wink:

What I do is, set the four heads to percent instead of steps (?!)
    First to 0%, second 25%, third to 50% and fourth to 75%
    It’s really not an awesome solution but it works.

After this amazing sampler we got recently, I cross my fingers for an AU<3 looper or sequencer.

@Martinj thanks for sharing. Will later check your Solution, looks interesting for sure :smiley:

• @brambos looper goes up to 128 beats, i dont know if thats what its suppose to do, manual says 8, if its not intended, please leave it as is, maybe update manual because that is just awesome !!!! This is what i needed for aum,an audio looper, did the same thing with quantiloop but this is better

• Maybe @brambos will think about creating such an looper based on the code he already has implemented in Kosmonaut?

• @david_2017 said:
    Maybe @brambos will think about creating such an looper based on the code he already has implemented in Kosmonaut?

<3

• @Hansson said:
    @brambos looper goes up to 128 beats, i dont know if thats what its suppose to do, manual says 8, if its not intended, please leave it as is, maybe update manual because that is just awesome !!!! This is what i needed for aum,an audio looper, did the same thing with quantiloop but this is better

You talk about Kosmonaut?
    Interesting :o

• You can access the other beats beyond 8 only via hardware midi controller? Mines stops at 8 and stars again with 1, no 32, 64 etc available here...

• Nothing seems faster n more guaranteed than just running the ipad into a looper pedal

• @david_2017 said:
    You can access the other beats beyond 8 only via hardware midi controller? Mines stops at 8 and stars again with 1, no 32, 64 etc available here...

Looks like it. He mentions that specifically at 2:40 or so in the video above.

• and yes, super duper please, do not 'fix' this Mr. Bos. :)

• He commented once on here when someone found this feature - bram put it there on purpose so doubt it'll get taken away

• No, it was accidental. But it’s a harmless ‘bug’ which won’t cause any crashes. So I’m leaving it in :)

Note: there’s a limit to the memory which can be used for sampling the loop. So at low tempos you may not actually get the number of beats you select beyond the official maximum. That’s the only caution I need to give if you want to use this loophole B)

• @supadom said:
    The advantage of using loopy into Audiobus into AUM is that you get separate, individual loops that you can then run through effects. Loopy and Audiobus integration rocks.

In this setup you speak of... Are you able to live record loops into it while playing with relative ease? I am going to try this and a few other loop apps because I really want this in my live setup as well.

• Yeah, I agree that a simple AUv3 pedal looper would be so great...

• @supadom said:

I really feel using aum and audiobus together is overkill, especially for the task of looping.
    Thx for all the respones👍🏼

• @breilly said:

@supadom said:

I really feel using aum and audiobus together is overkill, especially for the task of looping.

It's really not. With certain apps in particular, it's like the a super magic combo. Funnily enough, to some anyway, AUM might be the single most fleshed out "AudioBus Compatible App' in existence. It "just works." They get each other, deeply.

• edited August 2018

I mean, for "the task of looping" you can use any one of the apps mentioned above and it'll smoke the stuff Fripp used, feature wise. If one wants more than any one of them offers, we're lucky to have AB and/or AUM.

• @breilly said:

@supadom said:

Agreed

• edited August 2018

@scottsunn said:

@supadom said:

In this setup you speak of... Are you able to live record loops into it while playing with relative ease? I am going to try this and a few other loop apps because I really want this in my live setup as well.

Yes, totally

• @Martinj said:
    This is how I do looping in AUM. My aim was to build something that does Frippertronics on an iPad, so slightly different than described but with several instances of Kosmonaut you might still get where you want to get.

Great video with great explanation, thanks!!!

• @david_2017 said:
    I made a preset on Kosmonaut called „INIT %%%“ :wink:

What I do is, set the four heads to percent instead of steps (?!)
    First to 0%, second 25%, third to 50% and fourth to 75%
    It’s really not an awesome solution but it works.

After this amazing sampler we got recently, I cross my fingers for an AU<3 looper or sequencer.

@Martinj thanks for sharing. Will later check your Solution, looks interesting for sure :smiley:

Which sampler do you refer to?

• @brambos said:
    No, it was accidental. But it’s a harmless ‘bug’ which won’t cause any crashes. So I’m leaving it in :)

Note: there’s a limit to the memory which can be used for sampling the loop. So at low tempos you may not actually get the number of beats you select beyond the official maximum. That’s the only caution I need to give if you want to use this loophole B)

I did not even notice that Kosmonaut can be used as looper.
    Need to dig the manual.

Anyway, why not expand on this - how about streaming those loops to disk, so that you may prevent the memory problem?

• @supadom said:
    Albeit audiobus IS required

Could you please explain this setup?

In AUM you have a Synth?
    And then you have 3 Loopy instances going back into AUM - into what exactly?
    Also Samplr(?) also into AUM...

How do you use this setup?