Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Modstep cc question regarding AU synths

Any experienced Modstepists figured out how to change the CC's for AU knobs faders?
I want to assign all synths to the same cc for, for example, filter cut off, resonance, wave shape.

_I suspect this is user error. _

Here is what I'm doing:

• Add AU synth to track - will use Moog Model D for example
  • Go into midi panel
  • Find and drag Model D template to bottom
  • Find Filter cut off, which is default cc32, drag to a x y slot
  • Change the CC from 32 to, whatever, lets say 16.
  • Twiddle cc 16 knob on midi controller

Bah, it turns whatever was default cc 16.
CC 32 does in fact work for the filter.

But then if I pull up Lorentz or LaPlace, they are 37 or 38. So I'd need 3 knobs just for the filters for these synths.

Comments

• FWIW, it might be easier to set up your synths in AUM since you can specify the CC# value for any of the available parameters on the synth. And then have Modstep speak to each AUM slot to manipulate.

I’ll try to do a set up later and if successful will post here as an Audiobus share.

• edited August 2018

@echoopera said:
    FWIW, it might be easier to set up your synths in AUM since you can specify the CC# value for any of the available parameters on the synth. And then have Modstep speak to each AUM slot to manipulate.

I’ll try to do a set up later and if successful will post here as an Audiobus share.

Good idea. But the problem I had there was getting most synths to change presets via program change.
    And this is all a live issue, not a problem at all to record a lane of modulation in Modstep regardless of CC.

• edited August 2018

Uhhh...not sure about Program change...it’s up to the synth to have this available. At least in AUM you can see all the available parameters you want to manipulate, and can then save that CC# map as a template in modstep.