Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

August Sound Design Fest- Moog Model 15

Comments

• Hey guys ( @RUncELL @bleep @shiftsynth1 )

really appreciated your help and comments. I actually started noodling around with model 15 and it feels good. Love the patching cable stuff. Even so I don't always get the results I am expecting ;)
    Got a drone sort of patch running with some filters and harmonics - with AUM and EOS and some highness filtering in AUM its sounding cool.

I have a question, sometimes the wholes are straight forward, sometimes I think, how do I get this to work!? For example the Delay within M15, there is only "TIME" "FEEDBACK" and "MIX"
    As long as they present me a input and output i am ready to go, but these stretch my brain to much ;)

• edited August 2018

Ok thanks @brice, @shiftsynth1. I think I know where I went wrong..

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/a9o6s2pjwid65gk/AAAX0Ap8Evg8ypEOzzWuSrWFa?dl=0

This is a bank of pads I made.. if this works, I’ll put the ‘BANK’ of drum sounds up again.

• @david_2017 said:
    Hey guys ( @RUncELL @bleep @shiftsynth1 )

really appreciated your help and comments. I actually started noodling around with model 15 and it feels good. Love the patching cable stuff. Even so I don't always get the results I am expecting ;)
    Got a drone sort of patch running with some filters and harmonics - with AUM and EOS and some highness filtering in AUM its sounding cool.

I have a question, sometimes the wholes are straight forward, sometimes I think, how do I get this to work!? For example the Delay within M15, there is only "TIME" "FEEDBACK" and "MIX"
    As long as they present me a input and output i am ready to go, but these stretch my brain to much ;)

I'm still learning too so if you have any questions just post em here and I will take a look and see what I can find. For example, I'm still not sure what an attenuator does and the manual's explanation is really not helpful.

However, with delay. The delay is positioned after the trunk line and is already routed to the audio output so there is no audio input-output. Think of it like in AUM when you plug a auv3 into the effects slot after the synth plug in at the top, Moog just don't give you the option to route it. The inputs noted are for modulation, so say you want to LFO the feedback parameter. Then you would route one of the oscillators into that input to change the feedback over time. Make sense?

• That’s right, the delay is hardwired after the trunk line. Just turn the mix dial. You have 3 plugs -mix, time and feedback. You can plug aftertouch or velocity or lfo or envelope into any of these to control the dials for you.
    Attenuator basically like a gain - full on = full signal flow - full off = no signal flow. The reversable ones ‘in short’ reverse the phase.
    In modular synths all signals (audio and cv) flow at full on.. So attenuators are designed to tame them somewhat.

• @RUncELL said:
    Ok thanks @brice, @shiftsynth1. I think I know where I went wrong..

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/a9o6s2pjwid65gk/AAAX0Ap8Evg8ypEOzzWuSrWFa?dl=0

This is a bank of pads I made.. if this works, I’ll put the ‘BANK’ of drum sounds up again.

That worked. Some really nice patches in there as well. Thanks for the share.

• Yeah, these banks import like a charm. Thanks for sharing!
    Really interested in your other bank you want to share too. Since I remember some of your DnB works here shared... I think there will Be some pretty basses in there :)

• @RUncELL @shiftsynth1
    Thanks for clarification. That makes sense... hardwired
    Will try that right now!

• PSA: I have updated the dropbox.

I thought it would be nice to have a file of all the contributions so far so people can see the amazing work people are doing/ get motivated, so now there are 2 files.

1) Audiobus forum contributions- all of the files sent to me so far this month, I will aggregate these all at month end.
    2) SS1 Banks- My personal collection. My faves bank has been updated and is now called SS1 Faves.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/fmza3ke1tvqr0nt/AAC4CczC-sgWCrHfLyOxD5tta?dl=0

Let me know if you are having trouble accessing the file, I can't tell if drop box limits access to children of the linked file. Enjoy!

• Drumbank_https://www.dropbox.com/s/no9jxtz8i3hhueu/RUNCELL_PERC.m15b?dl=0

Yeah, these banks import like a charm. Thanks for sharing!
    Really interested in your other bank you want to share too. Since I remember some of your DnB works here shared... I think there will Be some pretty basses in there :)

Thanks @david2017 good to hear.

Should have 40 bass sounds up as a bank, by this eve.

Also note - Hardwired means permanently wired in, it cannot be moved to anywhere else in the signal chain, it always comes after the trunk line output. When mix dial at zero then no fx.. when mix dial is turned up, then what you hear at trunk line is what goes thru the fx.

Cheers

• @RUncELL said:
    Drumbank_https://www.dropbox.com/s/no9jxtz8i3hhueu/RUNCELL_PERC.m15b?dl=0

Yeah, these banks import like a charm. Thanks for sharing!

Thanks @david2017 good to hear.

Should have 40 bass sounds up as a bank, by this eve.

Also note - Hardwired means permanently wired in, it cannot be moved to anywhere else in the signal chain, it always comes after the trunk line output. When mix dial at zero then no fx.. when mix dial is turned up, then what you hear at trunk line is what goes thru the fx.

Cheers

Hey bru, thanks so much for sharing these.
    I see myself using the wonderful pads you shared in many ambient tracks and jams! Fire one note and feeling inspiration sparked! Great!

@shiftsynth1 thanks for your support and work to keep that soundfest running this month! Thanks for sharing your works too! So cool patches already in there! Wow!

I still suck when I see what is possible but I love to explore this synth and the presets shared!

If one has some spare time maybe you could give a quick description how to implement a LFO in this machine?!?? :smiley:

• @david_2017 said:

If one has some spare time maybe you could give a quick description how to implement a LFO in this machine?!?? :smiley:

Yes, no problem.. Module 921 - VOLTAGE CONTROLLED OSCILLATOR (the big one in the middle) has a switch named AUDIO/SUB AUDIO. Switching to sub audio turns this oscillator into a low frequency oscillator.
    The other two oscillators (921B) do not go this low.

So, although it’s not labelled as a LFO, it is actually a flexible oscillator that can be used as either.. hope that made sense.

• edited August 2018

I tested your pads, @RUncELL, they were awesome! Thanks for the info in the text boxes, cool with hints on some possible ways to modify and play the patches.

Thanks for organizing and the intermediate output, @shiftsynth1.

• Oh my...!!! This is awesome stuff man! You knob magician! Amazing sounds in there. I just started to explore them!!! Wow! Thanks a lot! Big up! 👍🏼

• @RUncELL your sounds are amazing! Really impressive stuff. Thanks for sharing.

Love the other presets as well. Thanks all.

• Many thanks @gusgranite.. that nice to hear, hope they spark inspiration and enjoyment

Cheers

• And thanks @david_2017...glad you like :)

• edited August 2018

Came up with this guy tonight:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/h7p0kit0gmggf8e/LAKE HORN.m15p?dl=0

Really having a blast learning this thing. Can someone explain to me how to work the multipliers? I understand how the reverse attenuators work now but I don't really get the multiples in the mixer or the reverse attenuator. I don't really understand the clamp point in the voltage controlled oscillator either... I think those are the only two functions I'm still confused about.

• edited August 2018

Hi @shiftsynth1, good to hear that you’re having a blast on this.. me too . Just when you think you’ve exhausted it, up pops another cool sound.
    The multiples are not connected in any way to the mixer or the reversable attenuator, they are completely independent.
    They are basically for combining or splitting signals - 3 inputs to 1 output OR 3 outs to 1 in.
    You can combine/split audio or control voltages or both.

Clamping point is the point of the wave is triggered from !! Example - imagine a sine wave, zero (on clamp dial) would trigger the sine from the null point (0 degrees).. 25% (turn of clamp dial) would amount to 90 degrees or the top of the first (positive) peak... 50% = 180 degrees ( the next null point before the sine wave drops negative). 75%=270 degrees or the top peak of negative sine wave.. 100% dial turn = 360 degrees - full cycle - back to start null point..

This is what happens to the clamping point when a trigger cable is plugged in.. it gets interesting when using velocity or envelopes or even a high passed saw from osc 2 .

• @RUncELL said:

Clamping point is the point of the wave is triggered from !! Example - imagine a sine wave, zero (on clamp dial) would trigger the sine from the null point (0 degrees).. 25% (turn of clamp dial) would amount to 90 degrees or the top of the first (positive) peak... 50% = 180 degrees ( the next null point before the sine wave drops negative). 75%=270 degrees or the top peak of negative sine wave.. 100% dial turn = 360 degrees - full cycle - back to start null point..

This is what happens to the clamping point when a trigger cable is plugged in.. it gets interesting when using velocity or envelopes or even a high passed saw from osc 2 .

For me the clamping controlled oscillator is perfect for setting the start duty-cycle of the pulse width modulated square wave. I do wish that Model 15 had at least one additional LFO, naturally with option for clamping :)

I feel very 'uninspired' at the moment but do hope to contribute at least a few more patches...

• edited August 2018

@Samu said:

For me the clamping controlled oscillator is perfect for setting the start duty-cycle of the pulse width modulated square wave. I do wish that Model 15 had at least one additional LFO, naturally with option for clamping :)

I feel very 'uninspired' at the moment but do hope to contribute at least a few more patches...

It can be hard to break out of certain routines and I think that applies to many aspects of music making not just model 15.. we all suffer creative dips from time to time, hope your enthusiasm returns soon..

Combining clamping and PWM (or rectangular width on the model 15) give some nice movement and control options.. I like to use velocity and aftertouch to control these so that sounds are less static and more expressive..

I would like a frequency divider/multiplier and a sample and hold modules.. I very doubt moog will introduce them. Maybe a Model 30 next !!

• I think I finally understand the entire beast at this point. Sat down yesterday to learn the Audio and Midi in and out sections and it completely blew my mind. So since this is Auv3 you can technically run 2 instances of it and, for example, route the LFO from one into the other via the midi connection and viola! you have that second LFO everyone complains about.

A far easier way is using Rozeta LFO and routing it in via the midi module. This opens you up to 4 modulation resources.

I'm also playing around with routing ripplemaker in via the audio in. Ripple maker sounds fantastic with a tad of the reverb module. Ripple maker is a whole 'nother monster but I really want to take that guy on next. It would be wonderful if I could route out midi via the model 15 into ripple maker but ripple maker has no midi learn. C'est La Vie.

I'm thinking DRambo will complete my tasty little modular collection. Looking forward to that release.

• Found a trick while looking through the manual yesterday. If you set the arp velocity setting to random you can route the velocity into modules for a sample & hold type effect. Works like a charm.

• Some old ones found in the ”drawer” from back when the app was young..

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kc182391v1gox16/NOONIEN2-1.m15b?dl=0

• @NoonienS said:
    Some old ones found in the ”drawer” from back when the app was young..

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kc182391v1gox16/NOONIEN2-1.m15b?dl=0

Thank you Sir, Got it added to the drop box.

• Just came in to swipe all these even though I contributed nothing. Some great snares and pads @RUncELL , thanks!

• I may have a small bank I can contribute.

Will check later today.

• Brilliant stuff. The patches and banks provided here are fantastic and very much appreciated. Thanks all

• edited August 2018

Hi all, here’s a little soundscape made on the model 15.

And an FX bank with 40 sounds..including the sounds used in this ambience

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5ak7hsbstttiv4n/RUNCELL_FX.m15b?dl=0

Thanks @oat_phipps, grab some fx sounds if you like. Cheers