Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Loose End (my fourth music share)

I haven't tried sharing a Facebook video before, but I'll edit this post with a link elsewhere if it doesn't work:

https://www.facebook.com/simosakari.aaltonen/videos/vb.100001007878349/1842267059150205/?type=3

This is a brief piece I combined with video showing several versions of a drawing I made several years ago. My notes from the Facebook post:

A few years ago I created several versions of an unusual, nightmarish drawing, then combined them in a video back then, thinking of it as a test, to decide later where to go with it. I then made this brief piece of music some days ago and, going through my files, realized it seemed to fit the video well. So I guess this is now the finished thing.

But, I’ve moved on since the drawing, long ago, and am going to do things in totally different styles in the future. The picture was never a comment on anything, it was only part of experimenting with doing things without conscious thought, as much from the subconscious as possible. I adopted that approach for a brief time in the past via comic book writer/artist Paul Chadwick, who in turn had gotten it from an artist he admired. And I had just started exploring the works of Mr. Lynch beyond Twin Peaks. (Gee, does it show?)

But yes, this is just wrapping up a loose end, in a way. I was not happy with how this approach made me feel, so I started moving away from it. I still do things by intuition, but not only.

Anyway, on to something brighter and better.