Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iPad as dedicated Effects board

edited August 2018 in Other

I recently picked up a new mixing board and have spent the better part of a week learning it and getting my hardware and software rig setup and I’m pretty happy with it.

I have all my hardware gear going through AUM and into the big board so i can get real time effects going on my Minilogue, AS-1 and Circuit thru it and into the board. This setup will also allow me to more easily record straight to video...

Anyhoo...just glad it’s up and running and wanted to share and spark conversation.

Here’s a little clip of the OT sequencing two synths with some fun filtering in AUM.

Comments

• Nice. What mixer are you using?

• @mistercharlie said:
    Nice. What mixer are you using?

I picked up the Soundcraft Signature 12MTK since it allows me to route up to 12 tracks from Ableton (DAW) back to the board over USB.

• edited August 2018

Nice, what are you using between the iPad cck and the sound craft if you don’t mind me asking?
    Cheers ,
    If you get a minute could you go through your routing? 👊🏼

• edited August 2018

@AndyPawlak said:
    Nice, what are you using between the iPad cck and the sound craft if you don’t mind me asking?
    Cheers ,
    If you get a minute could you go through your routing? 👊🏼

I have my Focusrite Scarlett serving as the AudioInterface for the hardware gear with AUM as my effects setup/routing...and then out from it to the big board.

• edited August 2018

Here’s a longer piece playing around with the effects in real-time and capturing it all in AUM

A mix of messing with iDensity and the synth knobs themselves.

• Cool setup

• Why are you usimg an additional audio interface ? The soundcraft 12mtk works as a 12/14 interface on ios

• edited August 2018

@AlaErt said:
    Why are you usimg an additional audio interface ? The soundcraft 12mtk works as a 12/14 interface on ios

I have the mixer hooked up to my laptop since i use Ableton live as my DAW.

By using the additional audio interface i can then use my iPad as a virtual effects rack to manipulate the signal going into the main board.