Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Mini review: iPhone fan cooler

edited August 2018 in Other

With hot temps here in France (between 35 and 40° C since one month), my iPhone 7 Plus becomes pretty hot with some music apps, and CPU throttles a lot and becomes super hot. Can be uncomfortable to produce/finish things sometimes with slowed down apps, especially on big projects.

I’ve said to myself: why not taking a desktop fan, some batteries and making a DIY cooler??

After some researches, this has been already done. Better than that, some consumer devices already exist on amazon, eBay...

This can seems overkill, but after all latest Asus gaming phone has optional external fan (and liquid cooling!!).

So I’ve bought a low cost model on Amazon, and that WORKS!! Using apeMatrix together with GarageBand makes things runs much smoother, GB animations are much faster so it’s a good solution when temps are really hot to keep producing efficiently IMO.

2000 mah battery lasts long, around 3 hours at full speed. There are three speeds for 50 mm fan and a kick stand. There are suction cups for fixing cooler on iPhone. I’ve cut one because of 7 Plus rear camera. It’s a bit noisy at full speed but I can live with that, as I don’t use it all the time.

https://www.amazon.fr/dp/B07BQ2GF75/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_a6VzBb5260784

https://m.ebay.com/itm/Cell-Phone-Cooler-Cooling-Fan-Radiator-Ring-Stand-Holder-for-iPhone-6S-7-Plus-X/401420437727?hash=item5d7685c8df:m:mYRNhTH3jAhnUJQxWy_ooWA&var=671052405486&_nkw=iphone+fan+cooler&_from=R40&rt=nc&_trksid=p2332490.m4084.l1313.TR1.TRC0.A0.H0.Xiphone+fan+cool.TRS0

For iPad there are several options coming from laptop world, even aviators and drone pilots have their solution:

https://x-naut.com

All of this can also be part of solution to use idevices in hot live music environments too.

Comments

• Fan noise for iOS devices for the real notebook experience :D
    But yeah....maybe i should try that too. My phone gets more hot than my already very hot macbook pro.
    Couldn´t Apple do some liquid metal cooling inside their idevices for less throttle.

• edited August 2018

@Cib said:
    Fan noise for iOS devices for the real notebook experience :D
    But yeah....maybe i should try that too. My phone gets more hot than my already very hot macbook pro.
    Couldn´t Apple do some liquid metal cooling inside their idevices for less throttle.

Yep oldschool fun B)

Some other smartphones makers already try to find better cooling solutions, especially for gamers market. Can only dream about Apple going that way for iPhone and iPad.

• My iPhone 5s and partners 5s have been getting hot precisely following the iOS update to 11
    It is most definitely due to the update. In our “cases” that is.

• edited August 2018

@Janosax said:

@Cib said:
    Fan noise for iOS devices for the real notebook experience :D

Yep oldschool fun B)

Some other smartphones makers already try to find better cooling solutions, especially for gamers market. Can only dream about Apple going that way for iPhone and iPad.

Intel and i think also Apple with it´s own chips and everyone else reach a point where thermal throttle is a big problem in these thin devices. Beside better batteries here it lacks the most. No noise is nice but burning legs in summer are not so. Apple´s cooling for the i9 is just a joke.
    So i´m sceptic about new cpu, gpu and ram increase for longer real-time usage.