Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

New iPad Pro 2018 NO homebutton NO Notch and NO 3.5mm plug. Leaks from Apple so certain.

Comments

• edited October 2018

@CrazySynthMan said:
    I think that thinner is better. It's called evolution and tech must evolve.

I've owned almost every iPad model since the beginning, and I'm glad that they are continuing to get thinner.

Until they're as thin as a sheet of paper, then the journey should continue imo.

Maybe some company can make a 3" thick tablet that will have the most amazing battery life, and those who want to can buy that. I'll choose the paper thin tablet.

Mhhh....that thinner curse is stupid for me. I find a too thin tablet even not comfortable to hold.
    More problematic could be the thermal issues like the disaster in the new macbook pro.
    There is nothing pro on a form before function device.

• edited October 2018

@Samu said:
    Latest 'excuse' Apple has to ditch the headphone jack is to make the new iPad Pro's 'thinner'(5.8mm).
    Make it 10mm keep the headphone jack and give it a huge battery instead...

Yep. The one feature I want in a new iPad or iPhone is more battery life.

I don't understand why a Nokia Android I bought in Vietnam in January as a disposable phone for about $130 - and which sucks on just about every other metric compared to an iPhone - has a (real) battery life of two days, while every normal (not super-sized) iPhone has an effective battery life of about five hours.

My iPad 2 seemed to go for a week between charges, ditto my iPad air 2, but my 10.5 iPad pro needs charging every day. I realise that it does a lot more - the music apps I was running five years ago were pretty simple - but surely they could have just made it a bit bigger.

• @Cib said:

Mhhh....that thinner curse is stupid for me. I find a too thin tablet even not comfortable to hold.
    More problematic could be the thermal issues like the disaster in the new macbook pro.
    There is nothing pro on a form before function device.

My current iPad is the 10.5" Pro, and it's way better to hold than some of the earlier iPads that I've owned, both in terms of weight and thinness, but everybody has their own preferences I guess.

• edited October 2018

@Cib said:
    ...and rumors the headphone jack adapter is not included anymore.
    Next they should remove Cook and Ive.

Exactly this is what i'm saying for years. Cook is just businessman, cold like dead fish, without passion, and Ive is typical designer and visual artist which gives to rhe the form / design / look much bigger importance than useability... Or even worst, for him is important JUST how things looks, he obviously doesn't take a care about useability..

After years, it turned that Apple was really one-man show, and all good things were there just thanks to Jobs.

• Welp I love the iPads. Just hoping the music software keeps moving forward.

• edited October 2018

@Samu said:
    Latest 'excuse' Apple has to ditch the headphone jack is to make the new iPad Pro's 'thinner'(5.8mm).

Samu, For the first time on a long time I don’t agree with you here...
    Lighter and smaller form factor will always go before bulkiness...

But, this year I will not buy a new iPad as I done every year since 2010... My 2017 iPad Pro 12.9” with iOS12 is just now so fuckin’ good at everything so I can’t justify myself to buy any new device...

This fall has already cost me a lot cash when I have bought an used (mint) MS Surface Pro 4 (i5/8GB/256GB) and a used (also mint) iMac 27” 5K (wonderful screen!) with Quad-i5/16GB/2TB Fusiondrive (bought new from Apple summer of 2016)...
    But, I have to say that Surface Pro 4 as an iPad killer is a big joke!
    Surface Pro 4 has it’s strength, but the fluid user experience in iPad Pro 12.9” is hard to beat!

• edited October 2018

Usb c mean I will get at least one more generation of iPad, very happy about that. No headphone socket is a stupid decision.

• @ErrkaPetti said:

@Samu said:

It's ok :)
    I still do feel they could have retained the 3.5mm jack and still shave of a few mm's here and there.

Who knows maybe Apple will ship the device with a USB-C 'multi-dongle' with 3.5mm jack, charge-port, USB-Pass-Thru? Time will tell...

• Imo it doesent need to be thinner than air2, it wouldnt bother me if it was even a tiny bit thicker

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Samu said:

Exactly. Or just keep the same thickness and retain the socket. It’s not as if iPads are so massively thick, that we can’t pick them up without putting our backs out.

Form over function at Apple HQ

• I'm from the day when weight in audio gear meant better quality.
    I remember in 1970 I was looking for a two track reel to reel. I had my eye on a TEAC but the sales guy talked me into a big Onkyo. As I pulled it out of the box I thought, this feels pretty light. I looked inside... It was like Wyoming in there. Wide open spaces! I took it back without a try and bought the TEAC. Solid, heavy, reliable, beautiful. I really loved it. Too old.... Me, not the TEAC.

• @ErrkaPetti said:

@Samu said:

But, this year I will not buy a new iPad as I done every year since 2010... My 2017 iPad Pro 12.9” with iOS12 is just now so fuckin’ good at everything so I can’t justify myself to buy any new device...

This fall has already cost me a lot cash when I have bought an used (mint) MS Surface Pro 4 (i5/8GB/256GB) and a used (also mint) iMac 27” 5K (wonderful screen!) with Quad-i5/16GB/2TB Fusiondrive (bought new from Apple summer of 2016)...
    Surface Pro 4 has it’s strength, but the fluid user experience in iPad Pro 12.9” is hard to beat!

I’m very glad to finally hear a reasonable comparison between iPad Pro & Surface.
    Thank you 🙏🏻

• @TONBOGIRI said:

>

• USB-C: Will the 'generic' external USB-C devices be locked out, with the iPad only allowing connection to 'Apple-Certified' USB-C devices? Also what are the advantages of USB-C other than speed & 'universality'?

Exactly man! Think about a wonderful world it would be if we could connect generics. Ahhhh! Oh yeah!

• @LinearLineman said:
    I'm from the day when weight in audio gear meant better quality.
    I remember in 1970 I was looking for a two track reel to reel. I had my eye on a TEAC but the sales guy talked me into a big Onkyo. As I pulled it out of the box I thought, this feels pretty light. I looked inside... It was like Wyoming in there. Wide open spaces! I took it back without a try and bought the TEAC. Solid, heavy, reliable, beautiful. I really loved it. Too old.... Me, not the TEAC.

I love this video, about the old tape machines.

Just listen to the sound at 20:55 :wink:

• @Samu said:

Agree. btw here's the latest news about the new iPad Pro

"Of course no headphone jack on the upcoming new iPad. 5.9mm thickness is pretty good though."

https://www.macrumors.com/2018/10/12/2018-ipad-pro-models-dimensions-no-headphone-jack/

Apple seems to be obsessed with thin. Would start to think they are total into anorexia :)

• @greengrocer said:

Apple seems to be obsessed with thin. Would start to think they are total into anorexia :)

Nah, I think Apple is more likely 'riding on the green wave', ie. less impact on mother nature due to less natural resources being used ;)

Anyways It's going to be interesting to see what pops up. If the iPad does indeed have a USB-C port and requires no extra dongles I'll just be able to jack in my powered USB hub straight into the iPad everything hooked and charge it too...

• @Kühl said:

@ErrkaPetti said:

@Samu said:

I’m very glad to finally hear a reasonable comparison between iPad Pro & Surface.
    Thank you 🙏🏻

Yeah, when you at last own an Surface Pro you will discover that not many program is fluid and user friendly in the tablet mode...
    Sure, it's a real desktop computer with all it's possibility's, but, if you haven't spent a lot of money earlier you will also discover that the investment in good software is huge compare to iPad apps!
    And, one more thing, the battery life sucks on Surface Pro 4... Sure, i5 CPU demands power, but compare to iPad Pro 12.9" Surface Pro must be charge so often that you can't use it convenient ...

And, the worth thing about Surface Pro . you can use a powerbank to charge it! Surface Pro needs 12 volt and the few powerbanks that supports that can't be bought here in Scandinavia (no company delivers to Sweden that kind of powerful battery (powerbanks) - security risk obviously...

All in all though, if you need Windows once in a while and need desktop power and programs like Adobe CC on the fly, MS Surface Pro 4 and above will certainly make you happy, but, as a tablet it will not be as lovely as iPad Pro and the lovely apps that is touch based from the beginning...

• @Samu said:

@greengrocer said:

Nah, I think Apple is more likely 'riding on the green wave', ie. less impact on mother nature due to less natural resources being used ;)

Anyways It's going to be interesting to see what pops up. If the iPad does indeed have a USB-C port and requires no extra dongles I'll just be able to jack in my powered USB hub straight into the iPad everything hooked and charge it too...

When going green you don't need all the precious materials Apple uses I think. I see with Apple the tendency of form over function. You can see it with Macbook Pro's. Slimmer and slimmer, not enough cooling for processor, throttling processors run slower, etc. And ultra cool looking keyboards on thos Pros that suck to type on but look cool. Of course they try to sell those this as green, but green is a huge selling point so everybody try to sell things as green.

• @LinearLineman said:
    I'm from the day when weight in audio gear meant better quality.

I remember being given an old reel to reel in the mid 70’s, it was actually so heavy I could just about lift it.

• @Samu said:

@greengrocer said:

If they were really riding the green wave they'd make devices that could easily be serviced rather than thrown away when outdated or have soldered in place ram or hard drives go bad (or you just want a bigger hard drive so you install a replacement).

I am wondering what I'll do when my 6s no longer works, or when my air 1 gives out. No headphone jack means I'm not buying. Apple doesn't care if I buy or not, it's not a threat to them, so no fantasy there.

Oh well, first world issues.

• @dendy said:

After years, it turned that Apple was really one-man show, and all good things were there just thanks to Jobs.

Right. Not. Jobs got the exact same whining crowd when he ditched UTP, Floppy, CD/DVD, Flash, etc. etc.

• Portable. 6.4kg. Headphone jack included.

• Apple is so greeen....

• @pauly said:

Portable. 6.4kg. Headphone jack included.

:D Who needs thin?

• @pauly said:

Stop making me want one.

• @pauly said:

Why would that guy on the other thread need a woman when he could have one of these - so sexy!

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@pauly said:

Why would that guy on the other thread need a woman when he could have one of these - so sexy!

And not much change out of $20,000 when they came out. You could buy a bedsit flat in Sydney for less at the time.

• @AudioGus said:
    I wonder how you would do the ‘quick refresh trick’ (or whatever it is called) for killing IAA ghosts without the home button. Having to reboot would be annoying,

What is the trick with the home button?

• @sdesign said:

@AudioGus said:
    I wonder how you would do the ‘quick refresh trick’ (or whatever it is called) for killing IAA ghosts without the home button. Having to reboot would be annoying,

What is the trick with the home button?

Hold down the power button and when the power off slider appears you hold the home button down instead and it does a quick memory refresh of sorts.