Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

VIDEO...AudioLayer by Virsyn - The Mobile Sampling Solution - Demo for the iPad

Here is a quick demo for AudioLayer where I quickly build a new instrument

You can get AudioLayer here at the App Store
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/id1381478666?mt=8&uo=4&at=1l3voJz

Comments

• Great video Doug, thanks. Nice to see how quick and easy it is to setup a simple patch...getting tempted now...

• @MonzoPro Exactly, I'm certainly no sampling expert but the fact that it's so fat to Auto-Map any sample you may have knocking around is just brilliant, plus then being able to go in deep and layer etc is just the icing on the cake for me

• @thesoundtestroom said:
    @MonzoPro Exactly, I'm certainly no sampling expert but the fact that it's so fat to Auto-Map any sample you may have knocking around is just brilliant, plus then being able to go in deep and layer etc is just the icing on the cake for me

Yeah, I like what Virsyn is saying about the RAM usage as well, the streaming thing - means building a multi-sampled instrument shouldn't tax my old Air 2 too much. I think an early birthday present to me from Mrs Monzo is one the cards...

• It was about time... so we have finally a vsynth like multilayer sampler?
    It keeps pitch&time isolated like variphrase? Since reSlice has this feature I expect this too...
    What about loading some loops into that?

Great video btw!

• Thank You. It is what I'm looking for based upon your video.
    I'll buy from your link while Apple's Affiliate Program still works
    for you.

Do you know if the $15 price is going up after Introduction?

• @McDtracy I think the Affiliate is still working till October 1st although there are strange things happening already.

Not sure about the price thing but it probably will go up

• Buying this in a jif via the link. :astonished: I can't believe we finally have a proper AU sampler! Thank you @VirSyn for giving us what we needed, and thank you @thesoundtestroom for the demo! Cheers everybody!

• Fast as always. Thanks, Dough. Bought it via your link.

• Cheers Doug got via your link, nice review.

• edited August 2018

Thanks a lot for your video Doug @thesoundtestroom ! 👍
    Bought Audioplayer via your link.

By the way, how can I support you via your Patreon Site? Did I need an account? How to pay? Is PayPal possible?

Greetings from Berlin!

• Here's a link to Doug's Patreon page to sign up and get the extra training video content for AudioLayer:

https://www.patreon.com/thesoundtestroom

• edited August 2018

Thanks Doug - just what I needed to understand the app

@McDtracy said:
    Do you know if the $15 price is going up after Introduction?

If it goes down after introduction, there will likely be a keyboard Lynch mob, I think it’s safe to say it will go up ;)

• It's pretty easy to create samples from wave files using AudioShare or iCloud. I grab'ed 2 notes from Salamander and made a reasonable acoustic piano in a few minutes. I had BS-16i playing some Bach and I could hear the AudioLayer Piano as I edited the choice of waves to use in each layer. I stopped at 2 layers because 3 started to sound artificial.

Now how many AUv3 pianos can I run in AUM before something fails?

• edited August 2018

@chandroji said:

By the way, how can I support you via your Patreon Site? Did I need an account? How to pay? Is PayPal possible?

Greetings from Berlin!

I use PayPal. Very easy to set up and join. I haven’t had any problems with it so far.
    Hope to see you over on Doug’s Patreon soon! It’s a really nice fun and friendly community there. Lots going on! 🤗

• edited August 2018

I started 7 different AUv3 instruments in AUM and I detected some crackling in the recording at 7:

This is the AUv3 disk streaming sampler I've been waiting for. You get a lot of capability for $15 and I'm not the most sophisticated sound designer. The learning learning curve after watching Doug's Patreon video is easy to travel. Definitely worth the extra $1 (this month). And now I can also check out all his other extra content.

• @McDtracy said:
    I started 7 different AUv3 instruments in AUM and I detected some crackling in the recording at 7:

This is the AUv3 disk streaming sampler I've been waiting for. You get a lot of capability for $15 and I'm not the most sophisticated sound designer. The learning learning curve after watching Doug's Patreon video is easy to travel. Definitely worth the extra $1 (this month). And now I can also check out all his other extra content.

That was lovely. $15 well spent, I'd say.

• @lukesleepwalker said:

$16 actually with Doug's 6.7% Patreon tip added. I am a cheap bastard.

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@McDtracy said:

+1, very nice.

• @McDtracy said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

$16 actually with Doug's 6.7% Patreon tip added. I am a cheap bastard.

OK, $16 well spent!

• @Spidericemidas said:

@chandroji said:

Greetings from Berlin!

I use PayPal. Very easy to set up and join. I haven’t had any problems with it so far.
    Hope to see you over on Doug’s Patreon soon! It’s a really nice fun and friendly community there. Lots going on! 🤗

Thanks a lot @Spidericemidas !
    I just joined the group of Patreons for supporting Doug and his great work for the IOS musician community! 👍

• @chandroji Thank you for becoming a Patreon, great photo you posted too, I too love bubbles😊

• @chandroji said:

@Spidericemidas said:

@chandroji said:

Greetings from Berlin!

Thanks a lot @Spidericemidas !
    I just joined the group of Patreons for supporting Doug and his great work for the IOS musician community! 👍

That’s great! 👍👍

• Thanks for the video... hope there are IAP to support this beast... Like horns, guitars...etc..

• @Spidericemidas said:

@chandroji said:

Greetings from Berlin!

Easiest sub ever to make and the only one I never feel bitter about... :)

• @McDtracy really beautiful, particularly love he ending à la "under the cherry moon"... :)

• @crony said:
    @McDtracy really beautiful, particularly love he ending à la "under the cherry moon"... :)

Thanks. I wanted folks to understand that this App makes a great "Digital Workstation" substitute for $15. No IAP's required.
    I grabbed wave files from the Salamander Piano SFZ (for a quick piano preset using just 2 waves) and the Virtual Playing Orchestra (using just one wave file for trumpet, violins, trombone,
    Violin ensemble). All those SFZ are free to download, unzip and make available through iCloud or Dropbox/AudioShare to the App.

It's a real bargain to build some custom sounds for your DAW.

I'm sure it can also be tweaked with layers to do forward and reverse samples (just reverse them in a desktop tool) and then do some morphing using the Controller's Mod wheel or maybe some CC's. I still need to look into those options.

Then being able to use the custom sounds on an iPad 2 and iPhone 5S just after App install I'm really excited by the potential for this App in a variety of use cases.

• edited August 2018

This is a GAME changer thanks to the app masters at Virsyn
    Dear KORG are you taking notes..........

• While there's still affiliate revenue use:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/id1381478666?mt=8&uo=4&at=1l3voJz

To get AudioLayer at the App Store

• edited August 2018

Bought via Doug’s link.

Seems pretty good after a 30 minute play - pulled in a sample via Audioshare, loaded and triggered as an AU in AUM, then another one with two layers. CPU was peaking a bit with just two instances loaded - 52%, maybe it’s due to using long samples, no crackling though.

Triggered the standalone via Geoshred which was cool - didn’t pick up the slides on notes as ThumbJam does, maybe there’s a MIDI setting somewhere for that.

Sampled a sequence from Layr, and played that - nice and straightforward.

All in all pleased with how it works, and this will be very useful as a sample player/recorder. Need to see some tutorials to dig in further, and have a rummage around in my Kontakt libraries....

• Been triggering it using iBassist some crazy results try it.