Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Patterning 1 + 2

I'm going to say it first, hopefully.. Rocking out with P1 and P2 and whatever synth of the day rocks out... is now my setup... Haha!!

How hard would it be to make 2 instances of P2?

Yes, love me some patterning

Comments

• I guess that is the real vote for AU for me....

• edited August 2018

@benkamen will you just take over my entire ipad with your spinning wheels of glory?

So Effing RAD I will give you $3000 and wash your dishes and feed you if you make patterning a host....

You are only two hours away... I'll come up and give you coffee, bring cheerleaders, whatever you need...

• I'd just be happy with P1 getting link start stop. Please make it happen @benkamen. Would make syncing with my laptop and ableton so much easier.....

• @gonekrazy3000 said:
    I'd just be happy with P1 getting link start stop. Please make it happen @benkamen. Would make syncing with my laptop and ableton so much easier.....

Agreed. In the meantime, host P1 in AB3 for Link Sync. Pardon if you knew this already.

• @ph8aerror said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:
    I'd just be happy with P1 getting link start stop. Please make it happen @benkamen. Would make syncing with my laptop and ableton so much easier.....

Agreed. In the meantime, host P1 in AB3 for Link Sync. Pardon if you knew this already.

It's working fine with link sync. I'm actually trying to get it to start at the same time as ableton on a different PC. P2 works brilliantly this way along with all of Luis drum apps and ibassist. So having p1 sync when I start stop ableton would be a godsend.

• @gonekrazy3000 said:

@ph8aerror said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:

It's working fine with link sync. I'm actually trying to get it to start at the same time as ableton on a different PC. P2 works brilliantly this way along with all of Luis drum apps and ibassist. So having p1 sync when I start stop ableton would be a godsend.

My bad. When I say "Link Sync", I really meant "Start/Stop Sync". Anything hosted in AB3 acquires Start/Stop Sync (once turned on in AB3).

• edited August 2018

@ph8aerror said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:

@ph8aerror said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:

My bad. When I say "Link Sync", I really meant "Start/Stop Sync". Anything hosted in AB3 acquires Start/Stop Sync (once turned on in AB3).

From my testing it doesn't seem Ab3 has link start stop does it ? Midi clock sync is ok when you're syncing on the same device but it's a nightmare when syncing multiple systems. Ableton link with link quantum and start stop is just much better. My use case I actually pipe individual channels from my iPad into my PC using my Ica4+. So it's 16 channels of audio into ableton.

I take that back. It seems that it does D: interesting. I guess ab3 will replace aum in my multiroute setup if the multiouts work with the Ica4+...

• @scottsunn said:
    I guess that is the real vote for AU for me....

Yup multiple wheels in multiple windows would have changed the world. But the people said no ☺️

• edited August 2018

@realdawei said:

@scottsunn said:

Yup multiple wheels in multiple windows would have changed the world. But the people said no ☺️

????........

• @realdawei said:

@scottsunn said:

The people haven't said much yet, ha!

Is anyone having the issue where in P2 sometimes your velocity and other data isn't showing up in the pattern?(not hearing it in audio, it is showing up in the GUI) If I hit save sometimes it kicks in, also if I hit duplicate pattern to next (the arrow below the pattern next buttons).

I'm also not getting any midi note values out of P2 other than the 'randomize', which is cool, but if I draw in a specific melody, it doesn't seem to play it out to synths elsewhere, only inside the app.

I would really love to see this just turn into an AU sequencer as well, I would use this all the time on synths.

Cheers.

• @scottsunn said:

@realdawei said:

@scottsunn said:

Is anyone having the issue where in P2 sometimes your velocity and other data isn't showing up in the pattern?(not hearing it in audio, it is showing up in the GUI) If I hit save sometimes it kicks in, also if I hit duplicate pattern to next (the arrow below the pattern next buttons).

I'm also not getting any midi note values out of P2 other than the 'randomize', which is cool, but if I draw in a specific melody, it doesn't seem to play it out to synths elsewhere, only inside the app.

I would really love to see this just turn into an AU sequencer as well, I would use this all the time on synths.

Cheers.

I guess you missed the thread 🙈 I wouldn’t expect AU from this one.

• @scottsunn said:

@realdawei said:

@scottsunn said:

Cheers.

Are you using the MIDI note or MIDI note transpose layer? In p2 you use those layers instead of coarse tuning for MIDI notes.

• @benkamen said:

Are you using the MIDI note or MIDI note transpose layer? In p2 you use those layers instead of coarse tuning for MIDI notes.

I caught that... would be cool to have both, but I'm still having so much fun, its not really a problem. Its cool to use both p1 and p2 at the same thyme, as they do handle that a bit differently. Looking forward to whatever you got coming as far updates and such. Cheers!