Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Favorite Song of All-Time

edited August 2018 in Other

You heard me.

Everything I love about pop music...that Spector/Motown sound, but with girls instead of guys, great harmonies, and a positive song with innocent lyrics.

Curious to see what everyone else's is, BUT

Don't post more than one, and don't talk about how you're torn between the track you post and some other song or several other songs. Either think hard for a second or just go with your gut. If you can't follow those rules, please don't post.

Comments

• edited August 2018

Pop music but with LOUD GUITARS. And the best guitar solo ever (IMO anyway). 3 minutes of pure excitement.

PS: the video you posted doesn't play for me.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @richardyot said:
    Pop music but with LOUD GUITARS. And the best guitar solo ever (IMO anyway). 3 minutes of pure excitement.

Hm. Maybe this one then. How embarrassing! :(

• @richardyot said:

I did enjoy the loud guitars. I've been coming back around to those after a few years out in synthville.

• edited August 2018

@oat_phipps said:

@richardyot said:

Hm. Maybe this one then. How embarrassing! :(

Yes that one works. I hadn't heard it before. Love it. Interesting how prevalent the tape saturation is throughout the track, especially on the harmonies. It's a great song as well.

• @Dawdles said:

@richardyot said:

Classic. My introduction to Dinosaur Jr came through skate videos. Good times -

Good times indeed. I was into all that stuff when it came out in the late eighties/early nineties. All my friends were listening to the Stone Roses and the Happy Mondays, and they would laugh at my Mudhoney and Nirvana records.

• Radiohead - Paranoid Android

• King Crimson/ Book of Saturday

• edited August 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited August 2018

I would not even know where to start to describe how powerful this song is for me.

• edited August 2018

• « The Creator has a Master Plan », Pharoah Sanders:

• In honor of dear Mom who loved Crystal Gayle....I love this song too

• Not very original....but if the one perfect song was ever written, this is it....

• @richardyot said:

So great. My Dinosaur Jr. is "In a Jar" or "The Lung," from "You're Living All Over Me," which are a lot messier than "Freak Scene" but the heroic guitar solo "In a Jar" is so exciting I'm actually getting goosebumps thinking about it! I swear to God, this record must have been responsible for every Sovtek Big Muff clones sold in the late '80s.

• edited August 2018

@Michael_R_Grant said:
    Radiohead - Paranoid Android

Life changing. And possibly the funnest song ever to figure out on guitar. But just when you're proud of yourself, you see a video of Thom doing it faster and cleaner. And singing.

• 21st Century Schizoid Man. No, Aja. No, Ironman. No, I Want You Back. No, Giant Steps. No, The Ikon. No, Sounds Of Silence... No, Ziggy Stardust..No. What’s Going On. No... Is this like gold-record-into-space decision? Can’t do it! Arrrghaahhhhhhh!!!

OK, backed into a corner, one quarter in the jukebox, gut reaction...

• It's flat out impossible to pick only one. Sorry, I fail.

• edited August 2018

Thinking about it I realised it would have to be The Police so I started down the youtube rabbit hole. Six songs in it only took about four seconds into this track for the mega chills to hit and for me to be transported a thousand miles away. It really wrecked me.

‘Invisible Sun’

• Mostly for the bass playing:

• edited August 2018

Confirm Reservation by Gregory Isaacs and The Roots Radics band.
    This is an excellent version from the BBC Sessions, but all versions of this song are amazing:

Awesome songs in this thread!

• I didn't know I liked Hawkwind! And that's a fantastic Police song, but how would you decide "Invisible Sun" is your favorite song of all time!? I mean, why not? But why not "The Bed's Too Big Without You"? This thread has me really stuck.

What makes a favorite song? Is it the fact that you're excited every time you hear it? Even though you know how the story in "Tangled Up in Blue" ends up, you're still blown away when she bends down to tie the laces on his shoes? I'd put an REM song from "Reckoning" on, but I'd never say put on "7 Chinese Brothers" at a party. I can't stand Bobby Gillespie but "Higher Than the Sun" is like nitrous oxide every time I hear it. "Tonight at Noon" by the Jam isn't the even the best Jam song but it resonates with me.

Some other questions before I decide:
    Is your favorite song of all time the song you tell people is your favorite? Or is the song that you'd never tell anyone is your favorite?
    Are you allowed to change your mind?
    Is it what you think is the greatest song, or is it the song that you happened to hear when you first fell in love or first discovered the guitar or your beloved aunt played all the time?

I will say that every song here is great. And so illuminating about who posted them! (Max23 — wow. My brother from another continent.)

• Ok fine- I can't resist picking something.

This tune is in the top 10 for sure, but since it has the ability to make me stop everything and listen EVERY time, I'll include it here:

There were many many nights spent drinking & smoking with old bandmates, listening to this song on repeat. It never got old, and still doesn't.

• Television – Marquee Moon

• @Dawdles said:
    Dunno....Impossible.....But always fun to be asked ;) First that popped in to my head on this occasion was this. No chorus. Same chord pattern throughout. But somehow 12 minutes that never bore me -

Excellent song. I still remember the first time I heard "Grondlandic Edit" in a hipster coffeeshop in Brooklyn. My jaw fell totally open and the barista finally said, "Yeah, the band's called Of Montreal."

• @Norbert said:
    I would not even know where to start to describe how powerful this song is for me.

Judgement Day .... that was by far my favourite song off that whole album - Steve Vai on geetars!

• No, I’ve changed my mind. It’s this, obviously:
    David Bowie – Right