Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AudioLayer by VirSyn - The mobile Sampling Solution for iOS

Comments

• H
    😭😭😭😭😭i was trying to make a video tutorial today of a beat I made using AudioLayer and SynthMaster one in cubasis.when I finished the beat and started screen capturing,AudioLayer would constantly crash.sometimes the app will still be visible but no sound and you can’t touch anything and where the name of the instrument is,it says “null “
    Here is the beat I was trying to make the video for

iPad Pro 10.5
    iOS 12

• I can’t get these
    to open in audio layer. it just says wrong format. i’m just looking for a nice realistic piano

I love the spitfire felt piano, but i’m looking for a better piano for just writing tunes. > @TheOriginalPaulB said:

@Lithalean said:
    @McDtracy @Janosax @rs2000 @Carnbot @Samu

https://musical-artifacts.com/artifacts?q=Lithalean
    1. Steinway Model B (SFZ)
    2. Vintage Kit (SFZ)
    3. Church Organ (SFZ)
    4. Accordion (SFZ)
    5. Upright Bass (SFZ)
    6. Classical Acoustic Guitar (SFZ)
    7. Marimba (SFZ)

@WaveMachineLabs
    @VirSyn

No BS paywall. Not locked behind some DAW.
    100% open and non-monolithic!
    Samples, beautifully out in the open, and uncompressed.
    Instruments or individual samples - Creatable / Editable / Sharable - by anyone!
    Music!

This is excellent, thanks! You may want to change the info for the Upright Bass section though, it’s talking about classical guitar...

• where can i get a piano instrument library to use in audiolayer? Just an nice clean upright would be nice. i’ve checked for free
    and not
    much out there. so I’m willing to pay. any ideas?

• @Paa89 said:
    😭😭😭😭😭i was trying to make a video tutorial today of a beat I made using AudioLayer and SynthMaster one in cubasis.when I finished the beat and started screen capturing,AudioLayer would constantly crash.sometimes the app will still be visible but no sound and you can’t touch anything and where the name of the instrument is,it says “null “

More than 3 weeks of discussions about AudioLayer issues and no more reaction from @Virsyn?

• @eross said:
    I can’t get these
    to open in audio layer. it just says wrong format. i’m just looking for a nice realistic piano.

Unfortunately, AudioLayer only supports .exs (exs24). Those instruments are in .sfz.
    I released them in .sfz, because it’s an open format, and basically just a text file that points to samples. Similar to Kontact (.nki) or Logic (.exs), but open, so anyone can create/edit.

With that being said,
    http://store.precisionsound.net

Instruments come in exs24, and sound great inside AudioLayer.
    I personally like the Nordic Piano over the Compact Ostlind, but I have both, use both, and have converted both to .sfz (as I do with everything).
    I tailor to my liking, then re-convert back to .exs and then load into AudioLayer through iCloud.

• agh very cool. thanks for all the great info. that helps a ton. > @Lithalean said:

@eross said:
    I can’t get these
    to open in audio layer. it just says wrong format. i’m just looking for a nice realistic piano.

Unfortunately, AudioLayer only supports .exs (exs24). Those instruments are in .sfz.
    I released them in .sfz, because it’s an open format, and basically just a text file that points to samples. Similar to Kontact (.nki) or Logic (.exs), but open, so anyone can create/edit.

With that being said,
    http://store.precisionsound.net

Instruments come in exs24, and sound great inside AudioLayer.
    I personally like the Nordic Piano over the Compact Ostlind, but I have both, use both, and have converted both to .sfz (as I do with everything).
    I tailor to my liking, then re-convert back to .exs and then load into AudioLayer through iCloud.

• Does anybody know the purpose of being able to load Audiolayer in the FX slot in AUM?
    I tried, but I think I found something weird.
    When loaded as AU there’s no recorder available (or at least I can’t find it). But the recorder is there when loaded as IAA. This is true for both cases: instrument or FX slot in AUM.
    The weird thing is that when you load it in the FX slot in AUM there’s nothing you can do other than playing an instrument, I mean, you can’t use the effects chain for incoming sounds nor the audio recorder. Actually, it will block any sound in that channel if loaded as IAA and the audio recorder can’t record anything.
    If loaded as AU in the FX slot it won’t block incoming audio, but there’s no recorder available and the effects chain won’t affect anything.
    Conclusion: in my opinion there’s abaolutely no point in loading Audiolayer in an FX slot. Maybe I’m doing something wrong?
    (iPad Pro 9.7 / IOS 12)

• Hi did you check these out
    https://vi-control.net/community/threads/christians-free-triple-felt-piano.64178/

@eross said:
    where can i get a piano instrument library to use in audiolayer? Just an nice clean upright would be nice. i’ve checked for free
    and not

• thanks i’ll check it out > @id_23 said:

Hi did you check these out
    https://vi-control.net/community/threads/christians-free-triple-felt-piano.64178/

@eross said:
    where can i get a piano instrument library to use in audiolayer? Just an nice clean upright would be nice. i’ve checked for free
    and not

• @Rodolfo said:
    Does anybody know the purpose of being able to load Audiolayer in the FX slot in AUM?
    I tried, but I think I found something weird.
    When loaded as AU there’s no recorder available (or at least I can’t find it). But the recorder is there when loaded as IAA. This is true for both cases: instrument or FX slot in AUM.
    The weird thing is that when you load it in the FX slot in AUM there’s nothing you can do other than playing an instrument, I mean, you can’t use the effects chain for incoming sounds nor the audio recorder. Actually, it will block any sound in that channel if loaded as IAA and the audio recorder can’t record anything.
    If loaded as AU in the FX slot it won’t block incoming audio, but there’s no recorder available and the effects chain won’t affect anything.
    Conclusion: in my opinion there’s abaolutely no point in loading Audiolayer in an FX slot. Maybe I’m doing something wrong?
    (iPad Pro 9.7 / IOS 12)

Humm? Sure you can record with it in the effects slot. Just tap in an area not covered by a zone and the dialog will come up.

• edited October 2018

Thank you @wim I was looking for the tape recorder icon that is present in the standalone mode and couldn’t find it. My bad, it was not intuitive enough for me, sorry for the silly question.

• No problem. Heh, I’m the opposite. I must get that damn pop up 50 times every session when I forget and hit the empty space trying to clear a selection or due to fat fingers. I’m sick of seeing it. B)

• Short Tutorial of Bringing Maschine Samples into AudioLayer through the EXS24

• edited October 2018
    1. Can anyone help me. I cant use Modulationwheel in AudioLayer, is it a bug ??
    2. @VirSyn : Please update to change the velocity for a whole layer. Now I have to change velocity of every single sample (Zone). Am I wrong?

Great app. I converted also some good exs24 patches :)

• edited October 2018

@ChrisChris said:
    1. Can anyone help me. I cant use Modulationwheel in AudioLayer, is it a bug ??
    2. @VirSyn : Please update to change the velocity for a whole layer. Now I have to change velocity of every single sample (Zone). Am I wrong?

Great app. I converted also some good exs24 patches :)

1. I think @VirSyn has simply forgotten to add the "Ctrl:" parameter to the Pitch > LFO pages, because it currently only works for the filter.
    2. What exactly do you mean by changing the velocity for a whole layer?

If that answers your second question: After tap-hold inside the mapping page, you can drag a rectangle to select multiple samples and change their key ranges and velocity limits all at once.

• edited October 2018

Instrument: Analogue Drums - Grandioso EX Drum Kit
    Number of Samples: 1,153
    Sample Rate: 44,100
    Bits per Sample: 24
    https://www.analoguedrums.com/products/grandioso/

• @ChrisChris said:

I’m not sure I understand the question. Do you mean “velocity” or “volume”? If you mean volume level, then you select the layer scope and the level tab to set it.

• @Lithalean said:

Very nice!!!

• @Lithalean said:

Wow. Nice sounding drumset. I can see it cost you $20 you purchase. Did it require a lot of extra work to get the EXS24 product to import into a useful AudioLayer Instrument or was it ready to go after import?

PS - Thanks for bringing this app back into conversation. It's been quiet lately.

• So, was it all talk, or is it true that @VirSyn is going to allow for SFZ import? I just need to know so that I don't get my hopes up too high otherwise.... I really, REALLY hope for it, but I don't dare believe.....

• @Audiojunkie said:
    So, was it all talk, or is it true that @VirSyn is going to allow for SFZ import? I just need to know so that I don't get my hopes up too high otherwise.... I really, REALLY hope for it, but I don't dare believe.....

I've tried contacting @Virsyn twice this year over the official support form at virsyn.net/mobileapp and never received a reply.
    I remember @Virsyn being quite communicative here shortly after the release of AudioLayer, but no more after that short phase...
    Given that by file naming, sample mapping can be prepared quite well, SFZ import wouldn't be my top request, but:
    Not being able to use the mod wheel to modulate pitch is an omission I don't understand. Every synth has it. Every sampler has it. We need it!

@Virsyn, if you're reading this:
    Modwheel pitch modulation and key follow ratio ("Key" and "Ctrl") could easily be added to the [LAYER] > [PITCH] page, so please support the funky modwheel soloists and D-50 style patch creators :smiley:

• Hmmm.. Then here is a different question, is the EXS 24 format an encrypted format?

• edited October 2018

@Audiojunkie said:
    Hmmm.. Then here is a different question, is the EXS 24 format an encrypted format?

No, there are converters available that do from and to EXS24 conversions, including EXS to SFZ.

• edited October 2018

• Nice!! Thank you !!! :smile:

• @rs2000 said:

@Audiojunkie said:
    So, was it all talk, or is it true that @VirSyn is going to allow for SFZ import? I just need to know so that I don't get my hopes up too high otherwise.... I really, REALLY hope for it, but I don't dare believe.....

I've tried contacting @Virsyn twice this year over the official support form at virsyn.net/mobileapp and never received a reply.
    I remember @Virsyn being quite communicative here shortly after the release of AudioLayer, but no more after that short phase...
    Given that by file naming, sample mapping can be prepared quite well, SFZ import wouldn't be my top request, but:
    Not being able to use the mod wheel to modulate pitch is an omission I don't understand. Every synth has it. Every sampler has it. We need it!

Modwheel pitch modulation and key follow ratio ("Key" and "Ctrl") could easily be added to the [LAYER] > [PITCH] page, so please support the funky modwheel soloists and D-50 style patch creators :smiley:

Don't pitch changes get controlled with the pitch bend wheel and modulation is used for things like adding vibrato or some other LFO effect? AudioLayer allows you to use the pitch bend controller and bend up from 0 up to 48 semi-tones (4 octaves).
    It's settable on the "pitch tab" in the lower left corner labeled "Bend".

I haven't found anyway to set the Mod Wheel to anything yet.

Still waiting for a manual.

• edited October 2018

@McDtracy said:

@rs2000 said:

@Audiojunkie said:

Don't pitch changes get controlled with the pitch bend wheel and modulation is used for things like adding vibrato or some other LFO effect? AudioLayer allows you to use the pitch bend controller and bend up from 0 up to 48 semi-tones (4 octaves).
    It's settable on the "pitch tab" in the lower left corner labeled "Bend".

I haven't found anyway to set the Mod Wheel to anything yet.

Still waiting for a manual.

Yes, Vibrato controlled by the modwheel!
    You cannot automate that because the pitch can get jumpy, not a proper vibrato.
    Not possible unless I've missed something.
    Funnily, the modwheel can control the filter cutoff, but not the LFO > Pitch amount.
    @Virsyn would just have to add a [Ctrl: nn %] field to the Pitch > Instrument and Pitch > Layer pages, e.g. between the LFO Phase knob and [Key: nn %].

• edited October 2018

@rs2000 said:
    @Virsyn would just have to add a [Ctrl: nn %] field to the Pitch > Instrument and Pitch > Layer pages, e.g. between the LFO Phase knob and [Key: nn %].

OK. I think I follow what you're requesting. I'd like control over the
    vibrato too to sound more like the human version of a flute, violin or oboe solo and not so predictable with the pitch. Roli Seaboards seem to be the best option to have that control but MOD WHEEL control of LFO effects is also really powerful.

Wouldn't you love to know what @VirSyn is prioritizing for the next update?

• edited November 2018

Instrument: Bardstown Audio - Bosendorfer Imperial Grand
    Number of Samples: 792
    Sample Library Size: 2.41gb
    http://www.bardstownaudio.com/insite/frames/CD-Bos.html