Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Pack less Music Gear for traveling? │ haQ attaQ 294

You're going on vacation, got limited space in your travelling bag and there's so much music gear you want to bring with you, but you cant. So how do you choose? What do you need? Does the setup need to sync? Are you going to depend on USB MIDI or DIN-5 or none? How about battery powered gear vs wall-powered gear? How many cables will you have to carry? Dongles-mess or dongle-free? Do you pack three pocket operators or just one volca? This is how I went about packing my bag!

haqattaq

Comments

• You need to always go on vacation, the amount of quality videos you're pumping out is astonishing!

• edited August 2018

I'll never pick up the UNO synth if I want to travel light.

At least for me, it's very more productive something like nanokey Studio that one hardware synth if I do a "backpack travel".

• I'm very pratical when I travel. Last time, I took my iPad, a samson controller, sp-404 and my Roland PMA-5 :lol:

• @OnfraySin said:

At least for me, it's very more productive something like nanokey Studio that one hardware synth if I do a "backpack travel".

Yeah I hear you, in the end what one brings on a trip kinda depends of the intention. I mean sometimes “productive” can mean me building sounds and presets and in those cases I could go with just one synth. Other times productive means recording sounds and I could grab my Zoom recorder and nothing else. But most of the time (all the time) I always carry at least one iOS device. :)

Judging by your comment I’m guessing you like to have a full platform for full production type sessions even when traveling right?

• @huphtur said:
    You need to always go on vacation, the amount of quality videos you're pumping out is astonishing!

Aw, you’re being too kind. Thank you! :blush:

• @senhorlampada said:
    I'm very pratical when I travel. Last time, I took my iPad, a samson controller, sp-404 and my Roland PMA-5 :lol:

Funny thing is that I cosider myself being practical when packing various gear. But then I’ll have a another producer friend asking me if it wouldn’t be more practical just bringing an iPad and a good all around usb mic, and I’m like ... no ... :sweat_smile:

• edited August 2018

MacBook Pro, external SSD, iPad, OP-1 (for internal synth playing and as a MIDI keyboard for the Mac/iPad), headphones, a few leads and 27 bottles of booze.

• Recently did 3 months UK/Europe and I took:

Make Noise 0 Coast
    ipad pro 9.7"
    Apogee jam
    Roland um one
    power bank
    no name usb hub
    Dt770 cans

Next time I'd just take the iPad, headphones and a keystep. It was a massive hassle keeping track of all those bits and pieces.

• @jakoB_haQ said:

@OnfraySin said:

Yeah I hear you, in the end what one brings on a trip kinda depends of the intention. I mean sometimes “productive” can mean me building sounds and presets and in those cases I could go with just one synth. Other times productive means recording sounds and I could grab my Zoom recorder and nothing else. But most of the time (all the time) I always carry at least one iOS device. :)

Judging by your comment I’m guessing you like to have a full platform for full production type sessions even when traveling right?

Well, maybe use the travel to design some sounds instead of arrange or compose music it's a very good option. In this case, one portable synth has more sense. Yeah, I bought it!

It's UNO synth very capable to do this? I saw your videos about it but it feels for me like Volca Bass. Very powerful but limited use.

I try to enjoy when I travel. I love KISS philosophy, so I only travel with iPad or even with Circuit. But only one.

What I have to say, I love this type of videos.

• When I go away for a few days it’s always the iPad and Beatstep. All hardware gets left behind, especially analog hardware with circuits and such. When it’s just the iPad and controller I tend to focus much more.

• I’ll add to that, every time I travel with the nanokey studio, when I pull it out of my bag it’s either missing a knob or a key. That board is so cheap and flimsy. I’m always amazed when I pull out the beatstep that was $50 cheaper and built in twice the quality.

• Good video. For me it’s iPad, Roli Block and headphones - sorted.

• edited August 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Op1, iphone SE with zoom mic attachment (as mic for op1 and field recorder) , kingston mobilelite for backing up op1 tape, ipad mini 4 and headphones.
    I also often bring a native american flute or two.

• iPhone, headphones, done.

• I use to travel with an iPad Pro 10.5, KORG NanoKey Studio and a Sure MV88 microphone.
    Lightweight and powerful... 👍

• @Tarekith said:
    iPhone, headphones, done.

This is what I aspire to--although it might also require a battery charger.