Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

The 6 Most Bizarre Guitar Pedals - any iOS clones?

Does anybody is it possible to find any of such effects in the AppStore? First of all I want to try some clone of Gamechanger Audio Plus Sustain Pedal - it sounds very-very exiting and it would be great to use it with iPad and iRig Blueboard.

Comments

• What? No Metasonix Assblaster???

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • What? No DBA Robot???

It’s a nice concept, that piano-style sustain pedal. The electro-harmonix ‘Freeze’ pedal does a similar thing, I expect for less money (also included as a button on their ‘Cathedral’ reverb) but that’s hardware. Time-stretching is pretty much always done by a form of granular synthesis, so if you want to dive down that rabbit hole, knock yourself out. I can’t think of a clone.

There are tons of pedal clones in ToneStack but the focus is on popular classics, understandably (hey, it’s nice to have a Space Echo):
    https://itunes.apple.com/pt/app/tonestack/id870269510?l=en&mt=8

It’s a fine line between pedal boards and modular synths these days. For weird and wonderful fx, Moebius Lab is hard to beat:
    https://itunes.apple.com/pt/app/moebius-lab/id1108915352?l=en&mt=8

• Ughhh I was jamming with a friend who owns the Count to Five and now my heart physically hurts because I can’t afford one (and even if I could, I couldn’t actually FIND one).

Eos 2 by Audio Damage has an infinite mode. It has a different character than the sustainer in the video but it’s still pretty awesome.

Audio Damage’s Filterstation2 actually gets pretty close to the EQD Orbiter, although I can’t remember off the top of my head if it has the same “vocal” sounds. But it’s a very similar idea all the same, and it gets properly insane if you want it to.

The Turd Fuzz is a pretty conventional fuzz with a silly housing, so you’ve got plenty of options there. I feel like Audio Damage’s Fuzz Plus 3 is a good starting point, partly because it’s free but mostly because it’s amazing.

The pitch-controlled tremolo is amazing. Not sure if there’s anything comparable on iOS but I’m 79% sure Ableton Live has a pitch tracking M4L device, so you could use that to control the rate on the AutoPan effect. I used to have the envelope tracker control trem rate and it was a lot of fun (but utterly impractical).

• @jrjulius said:
    Ughhh I was jamming with a friend who owns the Count to Five and now my heart physically hurts because I can’t afford one (and even if I could, I couldn’t actually FIND one).

Doable on ios pretty easily, I would think. Pitch shifter in a delay's feedback loop should get most of it.

• @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

@jrjulius said:
    Ughhh I was jamming with a friend who owns the Count to Five and now my heart physically hurts because I can’t afford one (and even if I could, I couldn’t actually FIND one).

Doable on ios pretty easily, I would think. Pitch shifter in a delay's feedback loop should get most of it.

Absolutely.
    That is how I get that effect using a hardware delay and hardware pitch shifter. Should easily work with iOS equivalents.

• @jrjulius said:

There’s a guy who codes in Pd who has made a clone for the Critter and Guitarist Organelle platform. I think all his code is open source so with some work you could probably get it running on some Pd friendly platform.

This is an old thread on it. It’s been updated since then:
    http://forum.critterandguitari.com/t/count-to-5-project/1219

• Critter and Guitari- - autocorrect apologie

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Mine 2 would be Akai deep impact and headrush... Anyway

I was going to say tone stack (just stack those mothers!)

@jrjulius next time take ipad with Turnado on it suitably mapped to a pedal board controller and see your 'count to five' friend blown out of the water.

• @Dawdles said:

@bennorland said:

Would be amazing to see a bunch of Shree’s Organelle patches on iOS...

PD patches can be deployed on ios via the free MobMuPlat app. There's another similar app whose name I forget.

• @supadom said:

@jrjulius next time take ipad with Turnado on it suitably mapped to a pedal board controller and see your 'count to five' friend blown out of the water.

+1 for both Tonestack and Turnado for FX madness - Turnado recently went AUv3, hopefully Tonestack will go AUv3 before long as well...

• @supadom said:
    Mine 2 would be Akai deep impact and headrush... Anyway

Can you recommend any pedal boards for doing this?

• You should be able to do all kinds of crazy things with guitar in Audulus 3. You’ll probably have to do the work yourself though. I used to plug in guitar to SunVox and see what kind of strange things I could do. I used the Freezeverb in SunVox on a footswitch, just about everything is MIDI mappable.

• @supadom said:
    Mine 2 would be Akai deep impact and headrush... Anyway

Akai Headrush still remains a favorite with me also.
    I have a TC Ditto 2 with 5 minutes of time/reverse/half speed, etc...
    but I still return to my original Headrush.

• I was watching this YouTube video today. Any update in 2020? I'm looking for something like the Count to five. This is a rare and expensive pedal (and interresting).

• @Montreal_Music The Audiodamage walkthrough video for Enso specifically references the CT5 as an inspiration.

• @celtic_elk said:
    @Montreal_Music The Audiodamage walkthrough video for Enso specifically references the CT5 as an inspiration.

Enso has a delay? I was not aware of this.

• edited October 2020

@Montreal_Music said:
    I was watching this YouTube video today. Any update in 2020? I'm looking for something like the Count to five. This is a rare and expensive pedal (and interresting).

Pitch shifting granular delay is very possible in iOS. I build these in AUM out of parts using Borderlands live input for the granulation. Fieldscaper is also very often in the mix. Throw in some feedback loops, maybe another delay app. Very easy to get crazy fx in iOS for cheap.

Very often Borderlands is all you need though. You can pitch shift inside it.

• @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

@Montreal_Music said:
    I was watching this YouTube video today. Any update in 2020? I'm looking for something like the Count to five. This is a rare and expensive pedal (and interresting).

Pitch shifting granular delay is very possible in iOS. I build these in AUM out of parts using Borderlands live input for the granulation. Fieldscaper is also very often in the mix. Throw in some feedback loops, maybe another delay app. Very easy to get crazy fx in iOS for cheap.

Very often Borderlands is all you need though. You can pitch shift inside it.

I have FRMS, Tardigrain and Spacecraft, but not Borderlands. I guess I can acheive something similar with these.