Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iFretless Bass 4.0 update

Comments

• @JonLewis said:
    This is a bit huge because now you can perform on the iFretless fretboard in GB with all yr slides, vibrato, trills etc, and then drag that expressive midi track onto a different GB track, resulting in synth tracks with iFretless articulation.

It’s pretty much like my wish of being able to use the GB guitar fretboard to control other instruments.

Only thing is not all the AU synths seem to be able to read the pitch bends etc in the iFretless midi. Lorentz and Poison did not understand those parts of the midi and just played the notes and velocities. Volt and Viking understood it fully. Have not tested others yet.

Of course both Volt and Viking AUs then proceeded to crash but that’s a different problem.

Haven’t tried in audio evolution yet.

Thanks for the report, inspiring.

• Before that I was using ifretlessbass for midi control of Gadget Madrid, because without any quantization it was a bit hard to use inbuilt sounds basslines. With first AUV3 release it was better, but AB/MF adapter were need to use ifretlessbass standalone to control AUV3 version and record in GB. But now.... so perfect, everything is recorded inside the midi part with AU convenience, perfect slides/vibrato and GB quantize capabilities. And yes you can copy IFB parts to some other tracks. Really good!!!

• edited September 2018

Unfortunately..... iFretless bass crashes on export/merging in GarageBand, rendered file makes no sound... iPhone 7 Plus/iOS12 :'( :'( :'( not usable @Blue_Mangoo please fix it, such good app!!

• @Janosax said:
    Unfortunately..... iFretless bass crashes on export/merging in GarageBand, rendered file makes no sound... iPhone 7 Plus/iOS12 :'( :'( :'( not usable @Blue_Mangoo please fix it, such good app!!

Can confirm that trying to 'share' from GB as an export of to Audioshare (and I tried TW also) just crashes out to the 'desktop'. 12.9/12

• still praying they put the loop recorder back.

• @JonLewis said:
    Hmm recording in Audio Evolution while performing on the iFretless fretboard within the AU window results in nothing at all. @dwrae is there something I need to enable other than arming the track?

No, not really. I'll check it out ASAP.

• Wow this is so cool...now you can have several MPE controllers on the same screen...big big competitor for geoshred...

• edited October 2018

@cuscolima said:
    Wow this is so cool...now you can have several MPE controllers on the same screen...big big competitor for geoshred...

Good point, I didn’t thinked about that!! Dev has answered me about rendering issue, they are looking into fixing it.

• @Janosax said:

@cuscolima said:
    Wow this is so cool...now you can have several MPE controllers on the same screen...big big competitor for geoshred...

Good point, I didn’t thinked about that!! Dev has answered me about rendering issue, they are looking into fixing it.

If you are in direct contact with the dev maybe it’s worth mentioning that only 2 instances can be launched. One more and the house of cards is collapsing...

• @cuscolima said:

@Janosax said:

@cuscolima said:

If you are in direct contact with the dev maybe it’s worth mentioning that only 2 instances can be launched. One more and the house of cards is collapsing...

and that it's imperative that they put the loop recorder back in!

• Has anybody else noticed that iFretless bass doesn’t allow anymore to change notes range by swiping two fingers on screen edges? Or am I missing something?

• edited October 2018

BTW, I’ve said I’ve sent a mail and Bluemangoo answered me they will look into that bug, there is nothing special in that contact (unfortunately). Perhaps every users with issues should send them a mail too. I’ve just get a refund, don’t render properly in GarageBand, no range swiping, bad menu size on iPhone in some hosts, menu octave settings don’t works, all presets designed for iPad with too much strings and frets (have to save all of them with my settings, even if iPad/iPhone versions have same price!!)... will buy again when everything will be fixed as it’s not exactly a cheap iOS instrument, even if I love this app pretty much :(

• @Janosax said:
    BTW, I’ve said I’ve sent a mail and Bluemangoo answered me they will look into that bug, there is nothing special in that contact (unfortunately). Perhaps every users with issues should send them a mail too. I’ve just get a refund, don’t render properly in GarageBand, no range swiping, bad menu size on iPhone in some hosts, menu octave settings don’t works, all presets designed for iPad with too much strings and frets (have to save all of them with my settings, even if iPad/iPhone versions have same price!!)... will buy again when everything will be fixed as it’s not exactly a cheap iOS instrument, even if I love this app pretty much :(

did they say anything about putting back the loop recorder?

• edited October 2018

@kobamoto said:

@Janosax said:

did they say anything about putting back the loop recorder?

I’ve just received an answer, GB rendering issue is fixed for next soon to be released update!! Lol, I will need to buy it again.

As they seem to be reactive, I’ve sent them another mail mentioning all issues above, including AU crashes with more than two instances, and for recording comeback strongly wished by several users.

• edited October 2018

Ok in fact it’s need to open menu to swipe up and down strings on the side, wasn’t documented. And menu transposition settings were in semitones, I must be tired and playing bass on iPhone speakers doesn’t helps lol. Buyed again :D

• thanks Janosax!

• @Janosax thanks for that. I remembered having shifted the strings on the new version somehow, but could not figure out how I did it.

Still don’t like the look of this new version (design-wise it’s a step back), but i have to admit it’s proven itself very useful.

• Wow this looks like a Michael Bay movie now

• They said they have fixed several things and that update come in one day or two!! :)

• Was tempted to get this at £14.99....already have iFretlessSax and iFretlessBrass so looked at the bundle...£28.99 - the individual app cost would only be £24.98 - if you have the same as me then DO NOT BUY THIS BUNDLE
    iFretlessBass/iFretlessGuitar bundle...£19.99---- £5 cheaper than buying the individual apps and £10 cheaper than completing the first bundle even though i don't own either of the apps in this particular bundle.

If it is only the playing surface you are interested in then Geoshred play at £9.99 seems a much better bet !

• edited October 2018

Update on AppStore! Rendering issue is now fixed, great!!

• Works great in iPhone portrait mode too, nice with Blocswave/Audiobus as a state saved bass/midi (with MPE) controller.

• @JonLewis said:
    Hmm recording in Audio Evolution while performing on the iFretless fretboard within the AU window results in nothing at all. @dwrae is there something I need to enable other than arming the track?

Next version of Audio Evolution Mobile supports MIDI events from AUv3's on iOS11 and higher. Tested with iFretless. :smile:

• @dwrae said:

Next version of Audio Evolution Mobile supports MIDI events from AUv3's on iOS11 and higher. Tested with iFretless. :smile:

Good to hear. I’ve been messing with AEM and have been liking the interface.

• Anyone else having problems still on Garage band? The Audio unit just crackles and feeds back when I try and adjust the sound

• @Janosax said:
    Ok in fact it’s need to open menu to swipe up and down strings on the side, wasn’t documented. And menu transposition settings were in semitones, I must be tired and playing bass on iPhone speakers doesn’t helps lol. Buyed again :D

Thanks for the tip .. I too was stumped for a while

• edited December 2018

must have patience...

• Does this work reliably in GarageBand now? Auv3 full screen as well?

• @realdawei said:
    Does this work reliably in GarageBand now? Auv3 full screen as well?

Yes it works perfectly in GB.

• @Janosax said:

@realdawei said:
    Does this work reliably in GarageBand now? Auv3 full screen as well?

Yes it works perfectly in GB.

Cool thanks 🙏