Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Bad news: Apple drop affiliate program for apps

Comments

• Cutting out the 7% pay out is only one part of the equation. The infastructure of the various tax laws region to region etc is likely a large, ever shifting factor that is probably an expensive pain in the ass to maintain and contributes to the ‘not worth it’ column of the spreadsheet. From what I have gathered social media implimentation (want more boogy berries? leave us a five star and an FB blah) and in app ads for other apps dwarf affiliate programs in terms of user aqusition anyway.

• edited August 2018

One word : PATREON, PATREON, PATREON! I like getting free stuff just like everyone else, but we must remember the freebies we get from people like Doug @thesoundtestroom are not free to the producer. If you have saved money, or learned of a must have from these people then, now, more than ever don't just take what they offer. Give something back. It is easy to point a finger at Apple (good lord, did I start the I LOVE APPLE THREAD!!? What timing!) that they are bad guys, and this certainly seems like a black mark against them, but they are probably saving millions from this over the entire app market, and they are sociopaths by definition. Still, there is the sin of omission. You cannot justify anger at greedy Apple if you take what these people offer, who do it mostly out of the love for it and us, and we don't give back to them.

If you really mean what you say..... PATREON, PATREON, PATREON! If 700 people pledge 6 bucks a month, Doug regains his loss. Certainly a large part of that can come from the people who "use" ( yes, you lurkers especially, we love you!) this forum. It, too, is a fantastic freebie. Too bad more people don't contribute, even just with their opinions, creations, ideas.

Well, probably too polemical. Sorry!

• @AudioGus said:
    Cutting out the 7% pay out is only one part of the equation. The infastructure of the various tax laws region to region etc is likely a large, ever shifting factor that is probably an expensive pain in the ass to maintain and contributes to the ‘not worth it’ column of the spreadsheet. From what I have gathered social media implimentation (want more boogy berries? leave us a five star and an FB blah) and in app ads for other apps dwarf affiliate programs in terms of user aqusition anyway.

+1 ^this

• @brambos said:
    It just dawned on me that "increased methods of app discovery" probably refers to the fact that as developer you can now pay to have your apps higher up in the search results :|

Let’s hope it’s not that or the new AI strategy and where they have Siri recommending apps. :o

• edited August 2018

@Samu said:
    Before when apps were still available thru iTunes on the computer it was possible to browse all apps in a category sorted alphabetically, by date added, date modified. Now we just have the lame 'TOP Lists' for Free/Paid/Top-Gross.

Also, they removed Wish List feature in the new AppStore app. How ridiculous is that! Wish Lists contribute to customer retention and drive future sales on any eCommerce site and which part of that is unclear to them??

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @skiphunt said:

@AudioGus said:
    Cutting out the 7% pay out is only one part of the equation. The infastructure of the various tax laws region to region etc is likely a large, ever shifting factor that is probably an expensive pain in the ass to maintain and contributes to the ‘not worth it’ column of the spreadsheet. From what I have gathered social media implimentation (want more boogy berries? leave us a five star and an FB blah) and in app ads for other apps dwarf affiliate programs in terms of user aqusition anyway.

+1 ^this

I know in the Global Economy, that created the MegaCorp, to pay something back must be terribly TAXING it, breaks, my, heart.....

• edited August 2018

@brambos said:

@mannix said:

@greengrocer said:
    See to me the real reason behind this is that they want everyone go to directly to the Appstore and hope that all indepent reviewers and also larger sites as iOSnoops or Appshopper (that especially are good sources for apps that went free or came were discounted ) will die. It seems to me that this is about control of the Appstore. That really became horrible after it's makeover, and besides that sometimes you just can't find an app if you use it's own search...

A very sad day!

Exactlty this is all about control and power to get more revenue. By killing the affiliate program you demotivate a lot of (pro)reviewers and free today and price cut app sites. This means that besides consumers looking for an attractive price cut also developers will find it harder to promote their apps. In the end consumers and devs get more dependent on Apple's Appstore and we all know how such a mess this store is.

The irony is that they specifically mention their new App Store as a key reason for stopping the affiliate program. Even if you know where to look it's nigh impossible to find music apps in that new store - unless the apps get handpicked by the editorial team for a special feature. So with the new store the role of the review affiliates was actually more important than ever. Thanks Apple!

Apple is weak on the Web side. There is no feature to search for apps on their AppStore website. Searching for some apps don't show up on Google at times. Some links launch the iTunes app on the computer while some take to AppStore website. There is no way to leave review and ratings on the web - it is hard to type out a review using an iDevice. A decade of AppStore and they still do not have a web-facing module to search for apps or manage reviews/ratings. They don't even have their ducks aligned and they pull the plug on affiliate program.

• @TheVimFuego said:

Apple is just clueless, this is counter-productive even to their precious bottom line.

Absolutely. And it isn‘t even that hard to figure out: They save 7% by actually cutting a great, authentic, interactive marketing tool. If the app sales go down by at least 8% due to that, they actually lose money.

What kind of idiots are working there, coming out with ideas like that, or approving these?

• @MobileMusic said:

@brambos said:

@mannix said:

@greengrocer said:
    See to me the real reason behind this is that they want everyone go to directly to the Appstore and hope that all indepent reviewers and also larger sites as iOSnoops or Appshopper (that especially are good sources for apps that went free or came were discounted ) will die. It seems to me that this is about control of the Appstore. That really became horrible after it's makeover, and besides that sometimes you just can't find an app if you use it's own search...

A very sad day!

Exactlty this is all about control and power to get more revenue. By killing the affiliate program you demotivate a lot of (pro)reviewers and free today and price cut app sites. This means that besides consumers looking for an attractive price cut also developers will find it harder to promote their apps. In the end consumers and devs get more dependent on Apple's Appstore and we all know how such a mess this store is.

The irony is that they specifically mention their new App Store as a key reason for stopping the affiliate program. Even if you know where to look it's nigh impossible to find music apps in that new store - unless the apps get handpicked by the editorial team for a special feature. So with the new store the role of the review affiliates was actually more important than ever. Thanks Apple!

Apple is weak on the Web side. There is no feature to search for apps on their AppStore website. Searching for some apps don't show up on Google at times. Some links launch the iTunes app on the computer while some take to AppStore website. There is no way to leave review and ratings on the web - it is hard to type out a review using an iDevice. A decade of AppStore and they still do not have a web-facing module to search for apps or manage reviews/ratings. They don't have their ducks aligned and they pull the plug on affiliate program.

To make the AppStore the best, all the need to do is wipe out, all that are better, then charge for advertising on the AppStore.

• @brambos said:
    It just dawned on me that "increased methods of app discovery" probably refers to the fact that as developer you can now pay to have your apps higher up in the search results :|

Yup, that‘s the next step. With ideas like that you are instantly qualified for a job in Big A‘s marketing department.

• @AudioGus said:

To be honest from what I understand Apple isn‘t that much into caring about paying proper taxes.

• @LinearLineman said:
    sociopaths by definition

Great name for a corporation. Did you secure the copyright?

• Also bad that they make the mac app store the same heap of ruins with macOS mojave.
    This Apple smells a bit these days.....

• edited August 2018

@Max23 said:

@brambos said:

to search for an app you need to know it exists :/

^ this

• Aside from the impact to app discovery, this move is also going to kill sites like Appshopper... and now that Apple have removed the wishlist from the App store there will be no way to track apps one is intending to buy, get notified of sales, etc.

The end result of this is that there will be a decline in app sales, as a) people are discovering fewer apps via third party recommendations, and b) everyone eventually forgets about the apps they were interested in.

• Apple becomes the first $1 trillion company in history - The Washington Post

• Guys to help the AB forum, Doug and others like him and our dear developers, I highly recommend that whenever you leave an AppStore review, please tell people to visit the AudioBus Forum and in this way we’ll get more users and more sales for Devs and more patreons for Doug and team.

• @Max23 said:

@brambos said:

to search for an app you need to know it exists :/

But even if i type the exact name, the app store can´t find it. If someone here posts a link or Doug and some of the other nice guys, then yes.
    Google is a lot smarter.

• edited August 2018

@LeonKowalski said:

@AudioGus said:

To be honest from what I understand Apple isn‘t that much into caring about paying proper taxes.

hehe, yah they will certainly invest money to learn how to avoid it themselves but they certainly won't invest in teaching sloppy individual netizens without million dollar law firms how to do it.

• edited August 2018

@LeonKowalski said:

@TheVimFuego said:

Apple is just clueless, this is counter-productive even to their precious bottom line.

Absolutely. And it isn‘t even that hard to figure out: They save 7% by actually cutting a great, authentic, interactive marketing tool. If the app sales go down by at least 8% due to that, they actually lose money.

What kind of idiots are working there, coming out with ideas like that, or approving these?

As bad as it all sounds i doubt they don´t know what they do. They plan in a longer term and mostly they get what they want. Apple goes anyway more and more to pure consumerism and care mostly about casual gamers and new animojis and stuff.
    At the end nothing will change if developers and customers still eat what they cook ( :) )

• @LeonKowalski Cannot claim the credit

• @MonzoPro said:
    You can argue it away with all sorts of logic - let's face it they don't need the money so the 'not worth it' arguement >stands up from any angle.

hehe logic! Where did that ever get us?

I don't think it is a question of 'not needing' the money. Successful corporations structure themselves to require a certain percentage back on every dollar spent and if a particular product, service or marketing device returns less than that, or conflicts with another that does better, they will cut it. Apple did not become huge by breaking even on anything.

But it's still a shitty thing to do, and does nothing for the brand.

I don't think it puts a dent in the brand at all. At least not one that won't heal over in five minutes of selling Boogie Berries. I bet that less than 1% of your average Apple consumers even know what an affiliate is or much less care enough to even express it online. It is a shitty thing to have happened, for sure, but corporations are just machines with people forced to execute cold equations.

• @LinearLineman said:
    @LeonKowalski Cannot claim the credit

Great book. The movie they made is good too.

• edited August 2018

@LinearLineman said:
    @LeonKowalski Cannot claim the credit

Oh hell yah, that is the one that ruined me...

• edited August 2018

I used to be a happy little bunny eating Boogie Berries but now I know where the Boogie Berries come from... 8(

• Apple is SO clueless it’s set to be the 1st trillion dollar company.

• @busker said:
    Aside from the impact to app discovery, this move is also going to kill sites like Appshopper... and now that Apple have removed the wishlist from the App store there will be no way to track apps one is intending to buy, get notified of sales, etc.

The end result of this is that there will be a decline in app sales, as a) people are discovering fewer apps via third party recommendations, and b) everyone eventually forgets about the apps they were interested in.

This ^

I would not be surprised if this actually has an adverse effect on App Store sales. I think it’s a short sighted decision on their part to claim more from app sales. I sincerely hope it backfires.

• wimwim
    edited August 2018

Deleted. Misunderstood another post.

• Tim Cook is a fucking tool.