Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

new summer song (korg gadget)

edited August 2018 in Creations

Hi all,
here is a small composition that I made since my return from vacation, as I love working with this app, I finally decide to order the nanokey studio, I will receive it in a week :) I hope to be even more productive with it!
your comments are welcome, ...peace!

Comments

• At 5th Minute I see myself sitting at a beachbar and the sun is burning - Well done

• edited August 2018

@david_2017 said:
    At 5th Minute I see myself sitting at a beachbar and the sun is burning - Well done

that's exactly it, lounging, chilling or even dancing on the beach :)

• in other words, for me, korg gadget has always brought me more satisfaction compare to cubasis or auria. it's a mature ecosystem!

• I didn’t know one could write a summer song in gadget, well done :).

• what do you think, should I also invest in the korg nanokontrol studio? what could it be useful for? I would like to have your opinion.

• @supadom said:
    I didn’t know one could write a summer song in gadget, well done :).

hey thanks :) everyone can do it!

• @PatSieb said:
    what do you think, should I also invest in the korg nanokontrol studio? what could it be useful for? I would like to have your opinion.

If I were you I’d go for nanopad and nanokontrol combination. This way you get pads as well as buttons, sliders and knobs. It also has a nice x y pad!

You’ll probably spend less if you get it on eBay. They seem to go for $30 each.

• edited August 2018

@PatSieb said:
    what do you think, should I also invest in the korg nanokontrol studio? what could it be useful for? I would like to have your opinion.

You have control over the first 8 Tracks directly. 😊 If you have more tracks you need to shift.
    Transport is working 👍but not the jog dial.👎
    The scene functionality and the markers are also not working in gadget. 👎

I think the KORG NanoKey Studio is much more useful in Gadget than the NanoKontrol Studio but it can be a welcome addition for the workflow... 😎

• @chandroji said:

@PatSieb said:

You have control over the first 8 Tracks directly. 😊 If you have more tracks you need to shift.
    Transport is working 👍but not the jog dial.👎
    The scene functionality and the markers are also not working in gadget. 👎

I think the KORG NanoKey Studio is much more useful in Gadget than the NanoKontrol Studio.

was thinking the same about the nanokontrol and I will not invest for this one, thanks for your help!

• edited August 2018

@supadom said:

@PatSieb said:

If I were you I’d go for nanopad and nanokontrol combination. This way you get pads as well as buttons, sliders and knobs. It also has a nice x y pad!

thank you!, nanopad sounds good, but i will first play with the nanokey studio :)

• edited August 2018

@PatSieb said:

@supadom said:

@PatSieb said:

thank you!, nanopad sounds good, but i will first play with the nanokey studio.

I bought the NanoKey Studio especially for gadget. I love the functionality, the small footprint and the light weight. Bluetooth works like a charm. Perfect for gadget and mobile musicians...

For me it was a good investment! 👍

• edited August 2018

@chandroji said:

@PatSieb said:

@supadom said:

@PatSieb said:

thank you!, nanopad sounds good, but i will first play with the nanokey studio.

I bought the NanoKey Studio especially for gadget. I love the functionality, the small footprint and the light weight. Perfect for mobile musicians...

For me it was a good investment! 👍

sounds good to me 👍, I'll have mine in a few days!

• This is great. I too, have melancholic summers. It's OK. You're among friends.

Man, is Tokyo a magical drum machine. I'd pay happily to have that expanded. Indispensable gadget.

• Good song! I’m on the fence with gadget but this pushes me toward it.

• @PatSieb said:
    Hi all,
    here is a small composition that I made since my return from vacation, as I love working with this app, I finally decide to order the nanokey studio, I will receive it in a week :) I hope to be even more productive with it!

Gadget lover here! Well done! Nice track. Have given you a “like” on SoundCloud and followed you. My Gadget stuff is also on SoundCloud under my moniker “Spidericemidas”.

• @Jmcmillan said:
    Good song! I’m on the fence with gadget but this pushes me toward it.

Can I push you further towards Gadget as well? My Gadget work is on SoundCloud under my moniker “Spidericemidas”. Gadget is a wonderful music making tool, and deserves some love :)

• This is a cool track. Nice work! Good to see Gadget getting some love. I’ve also just uploaded a Summer track to SoundCloud also made in Gadget.

• @Spidericemidas said:

@PatSieb said:
    Hi all,

Gadget lover here! Well done! Nice track. Have given you a “like” on SoundCloud and followed you. My Gadget stuff is also on SoundCloud under my moniker “Spidericemidas”.

thanks for your like Spidericemidas! ;)

• @Jmcmillan said:

then keep creating your stuff on Gadget!

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    This is great. I too, have melancholic summers. It's OK. You're among friends.

Man, is Tokyo a magical drum machine. I'd pay happily to have that expanded. Indispensable gadget.

I totally agree, Tokyo has a very powerful sound, I love it! :)

• Thank you all! I really appreciate all your comments guys, still a few days before having my nanokey studio!

• I was wondering, would you suggest to buy abu dhabi, what is the benefit of such a gadget?

• @PatSieb said:
    I was wondering, would you suggest to buy abu dhabi, what is the benefit of such a gadget?

I have it, but so far I’ve never actually used it for a proper track. You can import samples into it, then split sections and map to the trigger pads. Each section of sample can be independantly effected, I think, like “Repeat” “Reverse” “Gain” “Pan” etc etc. You can use the arpeggiator to arpeggiate the sections, giving you say a rhythmic thing going on with vocals or drum sounds from a loop you’ve imported, rather like Stockholm does with Rex files. So really it’s for slicing up a sample and playing/effecting each slice independantly.

• @PatSieb said:

@Jmcmillan said:

I will! Just bought it today🙂

• edited August 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Spidericemidas said:

@PatSieb said:
    I was wondering, would you suggest to buy abu dhabi, what is the benefit of such a gadget?

I have it, but so far I’ve never actually used it for a proper track. You can import samples into it, then split sections and map to the trigger pads. Each section of sample can be independantly effected, I think, like “Repeat” “Reverse” “Gain” “Pan” etc etc. You can use the arpeggiator to arpeggiate the sections, giving you say a rhythmic thing going on with vocals or drum sounds from a loop you’ve imported, rather like Stockholm does with Rex files. So really it’s for slicing up a sample and playing/effecting each slice independantly.

thank you for your explanation, simple and clear! ;)
    I will probably buy it.

• @Jmcmillan said:

@PatSieb said:

@Jmcmillan said:

I will! Just bought it today🙂

you made a good purchase B)

• @mAxjUlien said:
    Nice track! Be sure to search for @LucidMusicInc custom scenes for expanding NKS to the forum. He’s a Gadget/NKS lover and knows his way around all of its features

thank you for the link! ;) this will help me a lot!

• edited August 2018

@PatSieb said:

@mAxjUlien said:
    Nice track! Be sure to search for @LucidMusicInc custom scenes for expanding NKS to the forum. He’s a Gadget/NKS lover and knows his way around all of its features

Any questions about the setup just tag me. It’s helpful for live performance because the scenes are divided across 4 midi channels but to be honest I get a lot done with one scene ;)

• @LucidMusicInc said:

@PatSieb said:

@mAxjUlien said:

Any questions about the setup just tag me. It’s helpful for live performance because the scenes are divided across 4 midi channels but to be honest I get a lot done with one scene ;)

thank you for your support, I appreciate! ;)
    meanwhile, I have not yet received my nanokey studio but I would probably refer to your content as soon as I get it! :)