Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Romeo , oh BeatMaker 3.1 , where art thou?

Comments

• edited August 2018

@Dawdles said:

@AudioGus said:
    I don’t know if it is the case here specificly but some apps can have tiers of beta testing. I was recently on a beta testing away only to learn that there was a whole group of people on another beta.

Ah, yeah I hope that’s the case and final beta versions have just been continuing among a select few and 3.1’s on its way soon :)

Either way, fingers crossed all’s ok at Intua and I’m sure 3.1 will be worth the wait.

There is no denying that it is a huge bar raising leap forward for mobile music. It is a weird little niche of a niche that we are a part of in terms of how little mainstream exposure these things get but it is hard to imagine that major things are not in the works that will benefit Intua and the users. If not, then all of our efforts and dreams are doomed hehe, ;)

• @AudioGus said:
    There is no denying that it is a huge bar raising leap forward for mobile music. It is a weird little niche of a niche that we are a part of in terms of how little mainstream exposure these things get but it is hard to imagine that major things are not in the works that will benefit intua and the users. If not, then all of our efforts and dreams are doomed hehe, ;)

If I was one of the big players in the music production space, I'd not be doing my job if I wasn't looking at Intua as a business development opportunity in the mobile music space.

• @Dawdles said:

@AudioGus said:
    I don’t know if it is the case here specificly but some apps can have tiers of beta testing. I was recently on a beta testing away only to learn that there was a whole group of people on another beta.

Ah, yeah I hope that’s the case and final beta versions have just been continuing among a select few and 3.1’s on its way soon :)

Either way, fingers crossed all’s ok at Intua and I’m sure 3.1 will be worth the wait.

There is no way that things are not advancing at Intua. It is one of the most advanced pieces of music software on iOS. They are only just getting started.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • If I was Apple I would just open the bank for intua and give them the keys to GarageBand and merge them. GarageBand instruments and sounds and beatmaker 3 sampler and routing would be killer. And revive bm2 timeline style and that would be a master program to and for me.

• But first release 3.1... ;)

• @stormywaterz said:
    If I was Apple I would just open the bank for intua and give them the keys to GarageBand and merge them. GarageBand instruments and sounds and beatmaker 3 sampler and routing would be killer. And revive bm2 timeline style and that would be a master program to and for me.

Interesting idea however personally not sure I’d be keen on that path as Apple have a tendency to make things easily digestible for mass consumers. Which is a great talent they have. It opens up creativity to more people who would otherwise be intimidated or unable to afford the cost of the software etc ( as Apple provides a lot of its productivity software for free for example). But I would hate for bm3 to be ‘dumbed down’.

• @Dawdles said:

@universe said:

@Dawdles said:

@AudioGus said:

There is no way that things are not advancing at Intua. It is one of the most advanced pieces of music software on iOS. They are only just getting started.

Yeah I’m a massive fan. Intua has a huge future no doubt. Was just sayin it feels like there’s some ‘bigger picture’ stuff going on or we’d have had the fixes for things like ‘AU’s like StepPolyArp not showing in AU list’, Rozeta fix, missing AU params etc by now that were apparently all fixed in the last beta months ago. Hopefully nothing to worry about though and the ‘bigger picture’ stuff is something exciting or some kind of business stuff going on that’s gonna help Intua’s future :)

I’m banking on foundations being laid for something special...

• @AudioGus said:
    But first release 3.1... ;)

hahahaha, YES!

Let's see, I've got a trillion dollars in the bank and I need a good sampler for a "pro" level software package for iPads... who would I go to?

• So which is going to be released first. Beatmaker 3.1 or Nanostudio 2

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@AudioGus said:

hahahaha, YES!

Let's see, I've got a trillion dollars in the bank and I need a good sampler for a "pro" level software package for iPads... who would I go to?

GarageBand is for the masses, easy to pick up, bm3 is much more complex, it’s an unlikely match

• edited August 2018

I'm super excited about BM3. Have spent quite a bit of time with it lately - both in viewing tutorials and working with it via it's included samples. I can see that I'm making progress. I find the piano roll editing massively better than any I've used on ios.

My next move is to get some samples (buy from Intua, import my own? I dunno ... ) and really get down to business. I cannot wait to see where this app goes next.

• edited August 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @universe said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

@AudioGus said:

hahahaha, YES!

GarageBand is for the masses, easy to pick up, bm3 is much more complex, it’s an unlikely match

Note that I said pro level app.... Think logic for iOS.

• @Dawdles said:

@ErrkaPetti said:

@yonhorizon said:
    I would move to more updated daw. Like cubase or gb. This one has no updates and even no comments from the developers

But hey, mr Gargia have his own forum that he often visit and comment...
    Just two days since I saw him there comments things...

Any news on the 3.1 update release? Things like being able to modulate/automate the filter in Model 15 (currently that cc is missing in bm3) were apparently fixed months ago. And compatibility fix for AU’s like StepPolyArp and Rozetta.

Beta testers saying hasn’t been a new beta for a long time. Strange after regular updates to then not see these important fixes pushed out quickly. Hoping everything’s ok with Intua. Would be a huge shame to see BM3 development in trouble :(

Hold in mind also:
    It's summer here in Europe = we all need vacation in the summer!
    It's been the hottest summer in Europe for hundreds of years, so mr Garcia may not have Air Conditioning where he work, so he took the train to some colder places...

I see him on Instagram several time a week/month, and, he seems to be more than OK!

3.1 will come when it's ready. Period.

I remember last summers 3.0, what a blablabla about instability, UI faults etc etc...
    So, this time perhaps wants to be ready before release...

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@universe said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

@AudioGus said:

hahahaha, YES!

Logic already has alchemy granular synthesis / sampler and esx24

• @universe said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

@universe said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

@AudioGus said:

hahahaha, YES!

Yes, but Logic for iOS doesn't, because, well... there is no Logic for iOS.

• Thank god for that.

• edited August 2018

@ErrkaPetti said:
    Hold in mind also:
    It's summer here in Europe = we all need vacation in the summer!

Ahh yes. Humans and their vacations. Not in North America. ;) Most of our meager 10-15 days get eaten up by the unforeseen aspects of 'life'.

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@universe said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

@universe said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

@AudioGus said:

hahahaha, YES!

Yes, but Logic for iOS doesn't, because, well... there is no Logic for iOS.

According to Apple GarageBand is a cut down version of Logic Pro x, and entry level to the desktop version. Full Logic would be cool on iOS but not sure it’s UI would work for touch with so many menus and deep diving. Would need a complete redesign. Which effectively is what GarageBand is

• @universe said:

According to Apple GarageBand is a cut down version of Logic Pro x, and entry level to the desktop version. Full Logic would be cool on iOS but not sure it’s UI would work for touch with so many menus and deep diving. Would need a complete redesign. Which effectively is what GarageBand is

The sound engine is the same as in Logic (Using ESX24, UltraBeat etc.).

A 'full' Logic is not needed but a bit more flexibility in editing the recorded data (automation) and also a but more editing options for the instruments (for example the Sampler, since it uses ESX24 having access to a few filters and envelopes would be nice).

And well developers need a 'Benchmark Host' that supports all AUv3 features so they have a proper 'test bench' to test the stuff on :)

My main gripe with GB for now is the lack of detailed editing of the recorded touch-instrument automation and missing AUv3 support and well, Pro-Q 2 doesn't work in GarageBand yet but apparently an update is in the works...

I do feel that when iOS12 drops we'll get an update to GarageBand as well.
    (I mean it needs to support all the new hardware etc. etc.).

• edited August 2018

@Samu said:

@universe said:

A 'full' Logic is not needed but a bit more flexibility in editing the recorded data (automation) and also a but more editing options for the instruments (for example the Sampler, since it uses ESX24 having access to a few filters and envelopes would be nice).

And well developers need a 'Benchmark Host' that supports all AUv3 features so they have a proper 'test bench' to test the stuff on :)

My main gripe with GB for now is the lack of detailed editing of the recorded touch-instrument automation and missing AUv3 support and well, Pro-Q 2 doesn't work in GarageBand yet but apparently an update is in the works...

Yep I imagine it’s just a matter of time. I don’t use GarageBand as I don’t gel with it’s UI, but i hear pretty good things about it. My choice of daw is the amazing beatmaker 3, followed by the daddy cubasis, but GarageBand undoubtedly is only a short stone throw away from applying your wish list and becoming a monster.

• edited August 2018

@Samu said:

@universe said:

But, you can’t even import a Midi-file into Garageband - that is what I call a DAW for amateurs...
    There are several other features that must be added before GB is a Logic Pro X junior...

• @ErrkaPetti said:

@Samu said:

@universe said:

But, you can’t even import a Midi-file into Garageband - that is what I call a DAW for amateurs...
    There are several other features that must be added before GB is a Logic Pro X junior...

Again ill say that gb -> logic project exchange is the best workflow on ios imo.for me nothing is as fast idea developer then this. Faster then ableton/push. Especially with the auv3 synths that have vst/au on desktop.
    I need simple idea maker that can export projects effortlessly to a desktop daw, where heavyweight stuff can be added, and mixed and produced in a proven HQ environment, that can run 10 omnisphere instances

• @ErrkaPetti said:

@Samu said:

@universe said:

It seems like it monitors all midi channels too and you cannot specify channels per instrument.

• @ErrkaPetti said:

The 'scope' of GarageBand is to create new stuff not to load pre-made stuff for re-arranging ;)
    (Yeah, I know Midi-Import would be nice to have but it doesn't stop one from creating something new with it).

However not being able to 'correct' mistakes made during touch automation recording is a big no-no.
    (I mean pitch and mod-wheel can be recorded but not edited arghhh).

GarageBand does not include the full sound set to even match standard GM files so the midi-import would sound like caca anyway.

We'll have to wait and see what the the new updates bring but it's still a fun tool to use and the audio-export works quite well when stuff needs to be brought out from GarageBand.

• @stormywaterz said:
    If I was Apple I would just open the bank for intua and give them the keys to GarageBand and merge them. GarageBand instruments and sounds and beatmaker 3 sampler and routing would be killer. And revive bm2 timeline style and that would be a master program to and for me.

That would be an awkward merger. Ableton would be a more likely pairing. Intua has already mentioned adding Ableton export features, supports Ableton Link and already has Ableton-like features.

In any event, I'm sure many of the big companies are drooling over Intua. Beatmaker 3 is already so awesome and powerful that even hardcore Akai MPC fans have realized that it is better than Akai's latest offering: http://www.mpc-forums.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=186200&p=1748244#p1748244

• So maybe AKAI is interested in BM3 acquisition?

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    So maybe AKAI is interested in BM3 acquisition?

Probably not. They have already invested their limited resources in a partnership with Retronyms with the iMPC Pro app. It is really a solid product and even exports projects into the Akai MPC Desktop. They have a ways to go to catch up with Beatmaker 3 however.

• @Samu said:

@ErrkaPetti said:

The 'scope' of GarageBand is to create new stuff not to load pre-made stuff for re-arranging ;)
    (Yeah, I know Midi-Import would be nice to have but it doesn't stop one from creating something new with it).

However not being able to 'correct' mistakes made during touch automation recording is a big no-no.
    (I mean pitch and mod-wheel can be recorded but not edited arghhh).

GarageBand does not include the full sound set to even match standard GM files so the midi-import would sound like caca anyway.

We'll have to wait and see what the the new updates bring but it's still a fun tool to use and the audio-export works quite well when stuff needs to be brought out from GarageBand.

But, mr Samu, if you have been around for a long time you probably have different unfinished midi-projects from other apps or maybe in your Mac/Win that would be nice to import, rather than write in manually...
    Some midi can be 50-100 bars, pretty hard to draw in when it could be imported in a snap by Apple into Garageband...

So, as long as Apple treat GB as an product for beginners & amateurs I reject it...