Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Romeo , oh BeatMaker 3.1 , where art thou?

Comments

• @skoptic said:

@AudioGus said:

Awesome tip - thanks:)

No prob! They make a nice combo, although I hope BM3 takes over soon. :)

• edited August 2018

@ErrkaPetti said:
    We who are following mr Gargia thru the social networks see that he’s in good shape, eat well (vegetarian?) and looks both sober & happy!

BM3.1 will come soon or later... Just put down some beat what we have today - pretty descent app already (understatement)...

Plus I seem to recall that the Intua logo popped up on a banner or a wall (slideshow?) during the last Apple Event. Likely good things are cooking!

• @AudioGus said:

@ErrkaPetti said:
    We who are following mr Gargia thru the social networks see that he’s in good shape, eat well (vegetarian?) and looks both sober & happy!

BM3.1 will come soon or later... Just put down some beat what we have today - pretty descent app already (understatement)...

Plus I seem to recall that the Intua logo popped up on a banner or a wall (slideshow?) during the last Apple Event. Likely good things are cooking!

That’s not good.. Have you ever heard of Camel Audio............Alchemy?

We were left hanging for Alchemy 2...

• @universe said:

@ErrkaPetti said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

@Telstar5 said:
    Wasn’t this update supposed to drop on July 15th? Anybody know what’s going on?

Here's what we know: it's late.

:)

Seriously, it's software. Shit happens. My new approach is to use what sits in front of me and enjoy it. Because it's a bounty of riches I will never plumb in a lifetime and waiting for some new thing just makes me fidgety and not productive/happy.

Or, we can take some time off and dig deep into Affinity Designer... Really addictive and helps you forget everything else for a moment or two...

Are you using affinity designer for anything music related ?

One more thing regarding this question.
    There’s a big big relationship between music and graphic/photograhpy technology for me that drives me intrested...
    Like music, what is it that make me like this illustration or photography? This is how it’s work on iOS and music - how do I make some nice and groovie music?
    I dig deep in others work, read a lot, listen and learn, the same goes to painting, how everything is related to each other concering shadows light and form and color... Music and color has a lot common!

And, especially Affinity Designer on my big iPad Pro make me extremely happy! So joyful and addictive...

• @RajahP said:

@AudioGus said:

@ErrkaPetti said:

Eeek! So... like the BM3 sampler getting sucked into Garageband? (Insert conspiracy theme music)

Well luckily there was a healthy handful of logos shown and I doubt before the Camel consumption that Apple was displaying the Camel Audio logo.

• @RajahP said:

@AudioGus said:

@ErrkaPetti said:

Even if I would wish mr Garcia could earn some big money, but, I don’t think Beatmaker 3 fits in Apple Inc roadmap for 2019...
    They have enough knowledge and competent staff already that probably will put Garageband and Logic Pro XI forward to higher ground...
    But, you can never know...

• @ErrkaPetti said:

@RajahP said:

@AudioGus said:

@ErrkaPetti said:

Even if I would wish mr Garcia could earn some big money, but, I don’t think Beatmaker 3 fits in Apple Inc roadmap for 2019...
    They have enough knowledge and competent staff already that probably will put Garageband and Logic Pro XI forward to higher ground...

Well, I’m getting the same vibe as when Alchemy 2 was to drop... it never dropped..

• @RajahP said:

@ErrkaPetti said:

@RajahP said:

@AudioGus said:

@ErrkaPetti said:

Well, I’m getting the same vibe as when Alchemy 2 was to drop... it never dropped..

... ...now you're getting me paranoid... I curse your vibe!

• @RajahP said:

@ErrkaPetti said:

@RajahP said:

@AudioGus said:

@ErrkaPetti said:

Wow that’s a worrying thought as bm3 is all kinds of incredible for me. However I think it’s unlikely for the moment at least because:

1. Mr Garcia is such a cool guy and even if he were going to be assimilated into the Apple vortex, he would never renege on soenthing he has promised.

2. The 3.1 beta has already expired. And a lot of work has gone into it clearly so why not even release it as it is than not at all.

3. I see bm3 as too complex for the mainstream nature of GarageBand. They want it simple and intuitive for the masses.

4. Logic Pro x already has a sampler I believe. I could be wrong. Haven’t used it in a while. But alchemy has a granular synthesis sampler. And there is that old drum machine can’t remwmber it’s name. That’s still a solid plugin and just needs a new lick of paint for its UI like some of the other plugins.

5. On the big Logic Pro x forums I don’t ever remember seeing people crying out for a sampler. I think those producers already use the Ableton and the excellent maschine, which can be hosted inside Logic Pro anyway.

6. Mr Garcia is on the cusp of greatness with his software. Why leave now unless sales are not great. I doubt they are incredible but i reckon they are stable.

7. More and more relatively big name producers are starting to notice b3 and extol it’s virtues on social media etc.

I could probably think of some more but I’ve asmost bored myself with my train of thought so I can only imagine what pain I’ve caused others ...

• I expect it is just a heck of a lot of work...

• @universe said:

@OscarSouth said:
    BM3’s been solid for me for
    live work — I’ll be performing with it tonight actually! I’ve had issues with the timeline but I don’t really use that much.

Excited for what 3.1 may bring!

Awesome. Will your performance be televised for the masses or in other words YouTubeable?

Here’s a clip from sound check!

The talk was filmed so I’m sure it’ll show it’s head sooner or later!

• @gusgranite said:
    I expect it is just a heck of a lot of work...

I hope it shows up soon...

And what is 3.1 supposed to bring new, anyone?

• edited August 2018

@RajahP said:

@gusgranite said:

Apparently the automation bugs (missing AU parameters and value ranges getting corrupted or having wonky values) has been reported as fixed in the beta for some time now. That is all I want out of 3.1. Once I see that is fixed I will start hoping for certain new features, but at a much lower priority. It is damn near complete for me.

• @AudioGus said:

@RajahP said:

@gusgranite said:

Apparently the automation bugs (missing AU parameters and value ranges getting corrupted or having wonky values) has been reported as fixed in the beta for some time now. That is all I want out of 3.1. Once I see that is fixed I will start hoping for certain new features, but at a much lower priority. It is damn near complete for me.

Any word on Midi Export (patterns).. Will love to transfer my work to the desktop via midi..

• @RajahP said:

@AudioGus said:

@RajahP said:

@gusgranite said:

Any word on Midi Export (patterns).. Will love to transfer my work to the desktop via midi..

i think it was confirmed as coming but I have no idea if it is in 3.1. I was actually just messing around recording midi into Cubasis sent from BM3.

• edited August 2018

@AudioGus said:

@RajahP said:

@AudioGus said:

@RajahP said:

@gusgranite said:

i think it was confirmed as coming but I have no idea if it is in 3.1. I was actually just messing around recording midi into Cubasis sent from BM3.

I am shooting midi into BM3 from Patterning 2 (someone posted the set-up here) and it's pretty nice.. Ratcheting records nicely... could be nice to get all this iOs magic worked on in BM3 and 'Mastered' on my Desktop...
    Ableton Link V3 will take it to a new level...

Let's see what it brings..

• @RajahP said:

@AudioGus said:

@RajahP said:

@AudioGus said:

@RajahP said:

@gusgranite said:

I am shooting midi into BM3 from Patterning 2 (someone posted the set-up here) and it's pretty nice.. Ratcheting records nicely... could be nice to get all this iOs magic worked on in BM3 and 'Mastered' on my Desktop...

Sweet. Yes, Patterning2 is certainly in the queue. If it becomes an AU host I will jump on it immediately, although, gotta say I am super tempted now.

I did some BM3—>Battery just dumping the samples to desktop and recorded the midi out once. Was quite nice how it translated well.

• edited August 2018

@AudioGus said:

@RajahP said:

@AudioGus said:

@RajahP said:

@AudioGus said:

@RajahP said:

@gusgranite said:

Sweet. Yes, Patterning2 is certainly in the queue. If it becomes an AU host I will jump on it immediately, although, gotta say I am super tempted now.

I did some BM3—>Battery just dumping the samples to desktop and recorded the midi out once. Was quite nice how it translated well.

Seem like BM3 cannot read the midi info from a Patterning 2 Ableton export, bummer. I think developers need to look at iBassist midi export features... Sometimes you may be jamming and come up with something special, a quick midi export can keep the creative flow from being lost instead of having to set up a daw/midi recorder to capture that moment.

That 'Export Midi" button is so handy..

• @RajahP said:

@AudioGus said:

@RajahP said:

@AudioGus said:

@RajahP said:

@AudioGus said:

@RajahP said:

@gusgranite said:

Seem like BM3 cannot read the midi info from a Patterning 2 Ableton export, bummer. I think developers need to look at iBassist midi export features... Sometimes you may be jamming and come up with something special, a quick midi export can keep the creative flow from being lost instead of having to set up a daw/midi recorder to capture that moment.

Woah! I wonder if the other lumbeaters are going to get this?

• @AudioGus said:

@RajahP said:

@AudioGus said:

@RajahP said:

@AudioGus said:

@RajahP said:

@AudioGus said:

@RajahP said:

@gusgranite said:

Woah! I wonder if the other lumbeaters are going to get this?

I hope so... It's so sweet.. <3

• edited August 2018

@gusgranite said:

True...
    One of the developers of Affinity Designer said one thing the other days on theirs forum:

”The last 10% of the app (or Mac/Win program) takes 90% of the time”...

Perhaps that is right... You make a lot of different blocks and functions, but the hard job is to weld everything together with a smooth execution process, without serious bugs and no particular lags... Not easy my friends...

• Any clue as to what’s coming in this update?

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Damn... you got me salivating for BeatMaker to learn what the best IOS Sampler does and now... I wait for 3.1. If I buy 3.0 is 3.1 an upgrade?

• I would move to more updated daw. Like cubase or gb. This one has no updates and even no comments from the developers

• @yonhorizon said:
    I would move to more updated daw. Like cubase or gb. This one has no updates and even no comments from the developers

But hey, mr Gargia have his own forum that he often visit and comment...
    Just two days since I saw him there comments things...

• @McDtracy said:
    Damn... you got me salivating for BeatMaker to learn what the best IOS Sampler does and now... I wait for 3.1. If I buy 3.0 is 3.1 an upgrade?

Yes it's a free upgrade.
    No worry, the 3.1 will be released, it just takes time, that's all.

• edited August 2018

I don’t know if it is the case here specificly but some apps can have tiers of beta testing. I was recently on a beta testing away only to learn that there was a whole group of people on another beta.