Romeo , oh BeatMaker 3.1 , where art thou?

Wasn’t this update supposed to drop on July 15th? Anybody know what’s going on?

«1345

Comments

  • edited August 1

    I think mr Garcia learned after last years 15 july that is better to wait this time to squash out the last bigger bugs before release...

    The world wide users of BM3 will go nuts this time if ANY significant bug will show up ;-)

    I think we will have to wait a bit longer - perhaps the new iPad generation will come before BM3.1...

  • @Telstar5 said:
    Wasn’t this update supposed to drop on July 15th? Anybody know what’s going on?

    Here's what we know: it's late.

    :)

    Seriously, it's software. Shit happens. My new approach is to use what sits in front of me and enjoy it. Because it's a bounty of riches I will never plumb in a lifetime and waiting for some new thing just makes me fidgety and not productive/happy.

  • @lukesleepwalker said:

    @Telstar5 said:
    Wasn’t this update supposed to drop on July 15th? Anybody know what’s going on?

    Here's what we know: it's late.

    :)

    Seriously, it's software. Shit happens. My new approach is to use what sits in front of me and enjoy it. Because it's a bounty of riches I will never plumb in a lifetime and waiting for some new thing just makes me fidgety and not productive/happy.

    Or, we can take some time off and dig deep into Affinity Designer... Really addictive and helps you forget everything else for a moment or two...

  • Friend of mine on beatmaker beta hasn’t had a new beta for a long, long time now. Hopefully Intua haven’t decided to stop development? Maybe they got to a point with the beta where they were happy enough now with everything to pause iPad development and start getting phone release ready? To release the ipad update and iPhone version together maybe? But if that’s the case it’s a shame that they haven’t just put out the iPad update in the meantime :(

    Whatever’s going on I hope it’s nothing serious and the company is ok and continuing. BM3’s amazing already and has so much potential.

  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @ErrkaPetti said:

    @lukesleepwalker said:

    @Telstar5 said:
    Wasn’t this update supposed to drop on July 15th? Anybody know what’s going on?

    Here's what we know: it's late.

    :)

    Seriously, it's software. Shit happens. My new approach is to use what sits in front of me and enjoy it. Because it's a bounty of riches I will never plumb in a lifetime and waiting for some new thing just makes me fidgety and not productive/happy.

    Or, we can take some time off and dig deep into Affinity Designer... Really addictive and helps you forget everything else for a moment or two...

    Are you using affinity designer for anything music related ?

  • @universe said:

    @ErrkaPetti said:

    @lukesleepwalker said:

    @Telstar5 said:
    Wasn’t this update supposed to drop on July 15th? Anybody know what’s going on?

    Here's what we know: it's late.

    :)

    Seriously, it's software. Shit happens. My new approach is to use what sits in front of me and enjoy it. Because it's a bounty of riches I will never plumb in a lifetime and waiting for some new thing just makes me fidgety and not productive/happy.

    Or, we can take some time off and dig deep into Affinity Designer... Really addictive and helps you forget everything else for a moment or two...

    Are you using affinity designer for anything music related ?

    Not really, but you can make your own record sleeve...
    But, art is art, and we like art... Art can be both music and great graphics!

  • @ErrkaPetti said:

    @universe said:

    @ErrkaPetti said:

    @lukesleepwalker said:

    @Telstar5 said:
    Wasn’t this update supposed to drop on July 15th? Anybody know what’s going on?

    Here's what we know: it's late.

    :)

    Seriously, it's software. Shit happens. My new approach is to use what sits in front of me and enjoy it. Because it's a bounty of riches I will never plumb in a lifetime and waiting for some new thing just makes me fidgety and not productive/happy.

    Or, we can take some time off and dig deep into Affinity Designer... Really addictive and helps you forget everything else for a moment or two...

    Are you using affinity designer for anything music related ?

    Not really, but you can make your own record sleeve...
    But, art is art, and we like art... Art can be both music and great graphics!

    Totally. Am curious as to what the good music folk here are doing with affinity designer for that very crossover reason.

  • Something is wrong I fear... .. it’s strange.. the silence is deafening..

  • All is well.

  • So what are the issues with BM3? I heard there are midi timing issues (which is why i never bought it) but to be honest are there that many problems with it. Somehow my instincts stopped me from buying but BM3 does look really cool.

  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @mAxjUlien said:
    Perfect? Not close....still, there isn’t really anything cooler on iOS @TrevorLlewellyn

    None of its issues are dealbreakers. It’s just perhaps too tough of a learning curve. intimidates some.

    What about the midi timing? That is a big dealbreaker for me if this is indeed true.

  • @TrevorLlewellyn said:
    So what are the issues with BM3? I heard there are midi timing issues (which is why i never bought it) but to be honest are there that many problems with it. Somehow my instincts stopped me from buying but BM3 does look really cool.

    The only issue for me with BM3 is that AU automation is wonky. Not all AU parameters automate (but they all seem to in Cubasis). Aparently this is fixed in the beta. There is also an AU parameter value range bug that can mess up the automation (not sure if this was fixed in the beta). Aside from that I love it way more than anything else that has been on iOS since 2011. Anything else that is fixed/improved (macros?) is pure gravy.

    To me it has been the only thing keeping me from mentaly checking out on iOS and plotting my jump to a Surface/Bitwig.

  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @TrevorLlewellyn said:

    @mAxjUlien said:
    Perfect? Not close....still, there isn’t really anything cooler on iOS @TrevorLlewellyn

    None of its issues are dealbreakers. It’s just perhaps too tough of a learning curve. intimidates some.

    What about the midi timing? That is a big dealbreaker for me if this is indeed true.

    The midi timing has been fine for my needs on my 2017 but it is aparently not midi clock just simultaneous play start (or something (I am not a big midi head)). Hardware sync with my Circuit and Tenori has been fine.

    I can put Bm3 in Cubasis and trigger Cubasis which gets BM3 playing and off we go.

  • BM3’s been solid for me for
    live work — I’ll be performing with it tonight actually! I’ve had issues with the timeline but I don’t really use that much.

    Excited for what 3.1 may bring!

  • @OscarSouth said:
    BM3’s been solid for me for
    live work — I’ll be performing with it tonight actually! I’ve had issues with the timeline but I don’t really use that much.

    Excited for what 3.1 may bring!

    Awesome. Will your performance be televised for the masses or in other words YouTubeable?

  • @AudioGus said:

    @TrevorLlewellyn said:

    @mAxjUlien said:
    Perfect? Not close....still, there isn’t really anything cooler on iOS @TrevorLlewellyn

    None of its issues are dealbreakers. It’s just perhaps too tough of a learning curve. intimidates some.

    What about the midi timing? That is a big dealbreaker for me if this is indeed true.

    The midi timing has been fine for my needs on my 2017 but it is aparently not midi clock just simultaneous play start (or something (I am not a big midi head)). Hardware sync with my Circuit and Tenori has been fine.

    I can put Bm3 in Cubasis and trigger Cubasis which gets BM3 playing and off we go.

    Mr gus this sounds like an elegant solution for recording vocals into a more capable daw since as we know b3 doesn’t fair well in that regard ? Ie without the need to export all the bm3 stems first just plug into cubasis ?

  • @AudioGus said:

    @TrevorLlewellyn said:
    So what are the issues with BM3? I heard there are midi timing issues (which is why i never bought it) but to be honest are there that many problems with it. Somehow my instincts stopped me from buying but BM3 does look really cool.

    The only issue for me with BM3 is that AU automation is wonky. Not all AU parameters automate (but they all seem to in Cubasis). Aparently this is fixed in the beta. There is also an AU parameter value range bug that can mess up the automation (not sure if this was fixed in the beta). Aside from that I love it way more than anything else that has been on iOS since 2011. Anything else that is fixed/improved (macros?) is pure gravy.

    To me it has been the only thing keeping me from mentaly checking out on iOS and plotting my jump to a Surface/Bitwig.

    OK, well sounds like less issues than I was reading about. Will it get Ableton link at some point then?

  • @mAxjUlien said:

    @AudioGus said:

    To me it has been the only thing keeping me from mentaly checking out on iOS and plotting my jump to a Surface/Bitwig.

    Same

    Ditto.

  • @TrevorLlewellyn said:

    @AudioGus said:

    @TrevorLlewellyn said:
    So what are the issues with BM3? I heard there are midi timing issues (which is why i never bought it) but to be honest are there that many problems with it. Somehow my instincts stopped me from buying but BM3 does look really cool.

    The only issue for me with BM3 is that AU automation is wonky. Not all AU parameters automate (but they all seem to in Cubasis). Aparently this is fixed in the beta. There is also an AU parameter value range bug that can mess up the automation (not sure if this was fixed in the beta). Aside from that I love it way more than anything else that has been on iOS since 2011. Anything else that is fixed/improved (macros?) is pure gravy.

    To me it has been the only thing keeping me from mentaly checking out on iOS and plotting my jump to a Surface/Bitwig.

    OK, well sounds like less issues than I was reading about. Will it get Ableton link at some point then?

    BM3 has Link. Some users report drift with some apps. Has been ok for me but i have a liberal sence of timing.

  • edited August 1

    @universe said:

    @AudioGus said:

    @TrevorLlewellyn said:

    @mAxjUlien said:
    Perfect? Not close....still, there isn’t really anything cooler on iOS @TrevorLlewellyn

    None of its issues are dealbreakers. It’s just perhaps too tough of a learning curve. intimidates some.

    What about the midi timing? That is a big dealbreaker for me if this is indeed true.

    The midi timing has been fine for my needs on my 2017 but it is aparently not midi clock just simultaneous play start (or something (I am not a big midi head)). Hardware sync with my Circuit and Tenori has been fine.

    I can put Bm3 in Cubasis and trigger Cubasis which gets BM3 playing and off we go.

    Mr gus this sounds like an elegant solution for recording vocals into a more capable daw since as we know b3 doesn’t fair well in that regard ? Ie without the need to export all the bm3 stems first just plug into cubasis ?

    I did a fair amount of editing vocals in BM3 and in Cubasis. They are equally frustrating to me in different ways. Two hours on iOS is 15-20 minutes in Samplitude on PC... It could be quicker on iOS with the right (where did I put my dead horse and baseball bat?) multitrack audio editor. Auria Pro was a bit better in some ways but again, very frustrating in others. Cubasis could be the winner for me very easily but it is a few features away...

    Oh look, who left this here? ;)

    (That poor horse)

  • @AudioGus said:

    @universe said:

    @AudioGus said:

    @TrevorLlewellyn said:

    @mAxjUlien said:
    Perfect? Not close....still, there isn’t really anything cooler on iOS @TrevorLlewellyn

    None of its issues are dealbreakers. It’s just perhaps too tough of a learning curve. intimidates some.

    What about the midi timing? That is a big dealbreaker for me if this is indeed true.

    The midi timing has been fine for my needs on my 2017 but it is aparently not midi clock just simultaneous play start (or something (I am not a big midi head)). Hardware sync with my Circuit and Tenori has been fine.

    I can put Bm3 in Cubasis and trigger Cubasis which gets BM3 playing and off we go.

    Mr gus this sounds like an elegant solution for recording vocals into a more capable daw since as we know b3 doesn’t fair well in that regard ? Ie without the need to export all the bm3 stems first just plug into cubasis ?

    I did a fair amount of editing vocals in BM3 and in Cubasis. They are equally frustrating to me in different ways. Two hours on iOS is 15-20 minutes in Samplitude on PC... It could be quicker on iOS with the right (where did I put my dead horse and baseball bat?) multitrack audio editor. Auria Pro was a bit better in some ways but again, very frustrating in others. Cubasis could be the winner for me very easily but it is a few features away...

    Oh look, who left this here? ;)

    (That poor horse)

    Wow samplitude or whatever that was looks amazing. I don’t even think Logic Pro or cubasis does some of those things.

  • edited August 1

    Excited by 3.1 yes...

    To me, main issues are:

    1.Better handling of midi input/output (make sure that "new" midi connections in/out are not appearing while not needed, and just properly saved)
    2.Midi clock would be great, but there's workaround...(Modstep, AUM, Link to midi etc...)
    3.Link not drifting away (that's a clumsy one...)
    4.Global access to macro's
    5.more midi control mapping (mute, swing...)
    6.more control on scenes (number of looping for each scene, midi control of next/previous scene)
    7.Handling Program Change...
    8.Better automation system

    As usual, ended up by handling all my synths with AUM (as host), BM3 as a (nice and intuitive sequencer :) )

  • @crony This! I would also like to save effects chains as presets for later use. Recording live changes n scene view directly to the timeline would be amazing.

  • I'm just waiting for the long, long time ago promised iPhone version. Hope it is still in the pipeline.

  • @universe said:

    @AudioGus said:

    @universe said:

    @AudioGus said:

    @TrevorLlewellyn said:

    @mAxjUlien said:
    Perfect? Not close....still, there isn’t really anything cooler on iOS @TrevorLlewellyn

    None of its issues are dealbreakers. It’s just perhaps too tough of a learning curve. intimidates some.

    What about the midi timing? That is a big dealbreaker for me if this is indeed true.

    The midi timing has been fine for my needs on my 2017 but it is aparently not midi clock just simultaneous play start (or something (I am not a big midi head)). Hardware sync with my Circuit and Tenori has been fine.

    I can put Bm3 in Cubasis and trigger Cubasis which gets BM3 playing and off we go.

    Mr gus this sounds like an elegant solution for recording vocals into a more capable daw since as we know b3 doesn’t fair well in that regard ? Ie without the need to export all the bm3 stems first just plug into cubasis ?

    I did a fair amount of editing vocals in BM3 and in Cubasis. They are equally frustrating to me in different ways. Two hours on iOS is 15-20 minutes in Samplitude on PC... It could be quicker on iOS with the right (where did I put my dead horse and baseball bat?) multitrack audio editor. Auria Pro was a bit better in some ways but again, very frustrating in others. Cubasis could be the winner for me very easily but it is a few features away...

    Oh look, who left this here? ;)

    (That poor horse)

    Wow samplitude or whatever that was looks amazing. I don’t even think Logic Pro or cubasis does some of those things.

    Samplitude is often referred to as 'The Beast'. It goes on sale around the holidays for silly good prices.

  • @AudioGus said:
    I can put Bm3 in Cubasis and trigger Cubasis which gets BM3 playing and off we go.

    Awesome tip - thanks:)

  • edited August 1

    We who are following mr Gargia thru the social networks see that he’s in good shape, eat well (vegetarian?) and looks both sober & happy!

    BM3.1 will come soon or later... Just put down some beat what we have today - pretty descent app already (understatement)...

Sign In or Register to comment.