Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

LUDWIG I LOVE YOU/ Synth Symph

edited August 2018 in Creations

This is a humble tribute to perhaps the greatest symphonic composer who ever lived, the mighty Ludwig Van! Surely he would be grateful for once that he was stone deaf and wouldn't have to listen to this! Nonetheless, here it is, blemishes and all.

Manufactured in Cubasis, with Beathawk French horns and trombones, iSymphonic wood winds and string orchestra, Sopranoton's Caitlin Downie iFretless Bass and Thumbjam mandolin. Can't you see the maestro sitting by his cup of coffee ( he was a coffee fanatic, roasted, ground and counted exactly 40 beans per cup! Really.), mandolin in hand, and strumming the night away? I can.

FX? As much as my iPad could handle, Waves Q10 and Ultramaximizer, stereo width, FAC Chorus, Steinberg reverb and the kitchen sink. Someone send me a copy of Clockwork Orange!

Comments

• Ludwig would be proud of you :)

• Thanks @tja but I don't think so. Mr. Beethoven broke all the rules and he was a genius. I break all the rules and I am.... well, a rule breaker. I am possessed by linearity, i don't like to return to the same place twice (hence my forum and real life persona).
    I don't develop themes over time, again, I say it once and bye bye. And probably a bunch more that @kuhl could point out (and I hope he will). I am in it for the crazy all night joy ride of making something new.

I used to build model balsa airplanes as a kid. At three in the morning my mom would come down the basement stairs, see my hands covered in glue, the vapors of glue and model dope swimming in my brain, fingers cut to bits from dissecting parts and she would say, "Michael, leave some for tomorrow". I looked at her with bits of fuselage clinging to my battered hands... it was not worthy of an answer! I returned to the passion! THat's what iOS is like, but my hands are clean and my brain swims with fun not fumes.

• Lovely tribute to the Genius, Ludwig Van. The quotes from Symphony #7 sneak up on me.

• @LinearLineman
    Gorgeousity
    Beethoven is my hero since boyhood, and you’ve inspired me to reconnect.
    I’ve often wondered: what great joy Ludwig Van would’ve found, and what magnificent work he would make, if he could have gotten his hands on the tools we have at our disposal. I guess it’s up to us, and here that line continues onward

• I have many good anecdotes about Ludwig...
    But take a look at this movie. It’s about the 3rd Symphony rehearsals. Eroika!

• I like it! All the instruments blend well together.
    Some nit picks: I think some instruments need more reverb? The end trombone sound didn’t ring out. Also you may try panning the instruments to their orchestral seat locations (trombone right, Horns left) some of the instruments are ensemble sounds so hard to pan violins left and cellos right with those.

Nicely done!

• Great advice above.

Lovely work — you’ve really got a thing going here.

• edited August 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited August 2018

Thanks, @Max23.... Wow, more Moloko! Thank you so much, my good droog! Viddy on! Is Malcolm still with us?

Thanks a lot @kinkujin. I appreciate it! @senhorlampada , much appreciated!. @Littlewoodg, don't forget you will need a composer! @Jmcmillan very good advice, thank you, and thank you to my allknowing bud, @McDtracy! Race me for the next track!

• Beautiful work @LinearLineman. I’ve never counted my coffee beans. Maybe I’ll try that tomorrow.

• Thank you so very much, @Ben! Well, the beans may have been 60, but he did count them. His personal life was pretty fucked up straight thru. No one really loved him. He tried to make his adopted nephew love him, but the kid wound up shooting himself ( tho not to death). He loved some secret woman ( my immortal beloved).
    He moved over 50 times and had as many housekeepers.
    Not to mention going stone deaf with horrible tinnitus. Tough to be a genius, or to love a genius... Or even an artist.... Ask my wife! But we sure love him, don't we?! YAY LUDWIG VAN!