Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Comments

• Fingers f---in crossed.

• edited August 2018

I’ll be the killjoy. He’s good, not great. Don’t understand the hype, and I’ve never tried so hard with another artist to ‘get it’.

• Another set of 12s like Analord and I’ll be happy.

• @oat_phipps said:
    I’ll be the killjoy. He’s good, not great. Don’t understand the hype, and I’ve never tried so hard with another artist to ‘get it’

I suppose, for me at least, his albums from the 90s were game changers. In a time when most producers were making 4/4 acid and 140 bpm techno RDJ did something drastically different and made it sound appealing. He has an electrical engineering background and has a pretty strong knowledge of old obscure sequencers and synthesizers. He is considered a pioneer for IDM and ambient techno.

Have you heard Selected Ambient Works vol.1 and 2? Analord? The Richard D James album? Classic stuff. Polygon Window?

• edited August 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @99476598326 said:

@oat_phipps said:
    I’ll be the killjoy. He’s good, not great. Don’t understand the hype, and I’ve never tried so hard with another artist to ‘get it’

I suppose, for me at least, his albums from the 90s were game changers. In a time when most producers were making 4/4 acid and 140 bpm techno RDJ did something drastically different and made it sound appealing. He has an electrical engineering background and has a pretty strong knowledge of old obscure sequencers and synthesizers. He is considered a pioneer for IDM and ambient techno.

Have you heard Selected Ambient Works vol.1 and 2? Analord? The Richard D James album? Classic stuff. Polygon Window?

Yeah, I think Selected Ambient vol. 2 has his best work on it. The slower, more ambient stuff

• edited August 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Max23 said:
    didnt like the last 2 albums much
    but im full of hope :)

Same but was thankful to hear new RDJ material.

• Legendary stuff from the 90's recent stuff is average. Hard to explain why.

• I’ve got all his stuff, including the 300 or so(?) Soundcloud tracks.

Rarely play them though - I like the idea of Aphex Twin, more than I like the actual music. Weird I know. I’ll buy this one obviously. I wonder if he still lives in that steel memorial box?

• @[Deleted User] said:
    Legendary stuff from the 90's recent stuff is average. Hard to explain why.

Because we're not the same people who liked the original work when it came out. We've changed.

Personally, I still like the later stuff, but there will never be another moment in time like listening to the nineties stuff, in the nineties. Same as hearing Music Has The Right to Children by Boards of Canada for the first 20 times.

Just an opinion.

• @noodldoodl said:

@[Deleted User] said:
    Legendary stuff from the 90's recent stuff is average. Hard to explain why.

Because we're not the same people who liked the original work when it came out. We've changed.

Personally, I still like the later stuff, but there will never be another moment in time like listening to the nineties stuff, in the nineties. Same as hearing Music Has The Right to Children by Boards of Canada for the first 20 times.

Just an opinion.

Agreed, its about new things and originality, that is what make legends and why he is great from that time. I spend all my time nowadays studying music theory so yeah I'm in a different place now too.

• edited August 2018

I guess I admire Aphex Twin more than I 'love' his music, but Selected Ambient Works Vol 2 is bloody brilliant and I did listen to Syro a lot when it came out.

• I really like the recent stuff.

• edited August 2018

@cian said:
    I really like the recent stuff.

Listening to Syro right now. :) It did take me a few listens to really get into it though.

• @Michael_R_Grant said:
    I guess I admire Aphex Twin more than I 'love' his music, but Selected Ambient Works Vol 2 is bloody brilliant and I did listen to Syro a lot when it came out.

Ambient works vol 2 was a brilliant tip!
    Hear it on my way to work. Thanks for the recommendation!!!

• @MonzoPro said:

WOAH. YES.

Olde good vibes meets newo bizarroville.

• @oat_phipps said:
    I’ll be the killjoy. He’s good, not great. Don’t understand the hype, and I’ve never tried so hard with another artist to ‘get it’.

Whew, thought I was the only one. Though “Come to Daddy” was rather amazing when I first heard it.