Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Apple reports new sales record for third quarter as it eases toward $1tn mark

Comments

• edited July 2018

Their older iPhone X is outselling the newer Galaxy S9 and Samsung is disappointed with the sales. iPhone is Apple's cash cow:

https://www.google.com/search?q=iphone+x+outselling+galaxy

https://www.google.com/search?q=samsung+disappointing+sales+s9

• "Where does it end?" Ian Curtis

• AWS is Amazon's cash cow (the other contender for the 1 trillion dollar status):

https://www.google.com/search?q=amazon+aws+revenue

• Interesting to see that iPad revenues will soon be trailing behind peripherals & wearables & that no matter how expensive the flagship iPhones become, people are still buying them in the same numbers............does make me wonder about the future of the iPad.........

• I bought SpaceCraft today. Must have pushed them over the trillion mark.

• edited July 2018

Look after the $1.00's & the trillions will take care of themselves! :D

• @greengrocer said:
    "Where does it end?" Ian Curtis

I doubt it ever will. Like the industrial revolution we are now in the midst of a tech revolution and Apple are at the forefront of that. No matter what Apple haters say. They push the envelope that every other tech company follows. So it’s only likely to intensify. What with wearables and computers getting smaller and AR and AI.

• I do wonder though if diverting 0.0001% of that will enable them to implement a clock?

(no Photoshop, just taken straight from my iPad Pro B))

• @Iso said:
    Interesting to see that iPad revenues will soon be trailing behind peripherals & wearables & that no matter how expensive the flagship iPhones become, people are still buying them in the same numbers............does make me wonder about the future of the iPad.........

The iPad is unlikely to go anywhere for a long while due to the form factor and size. There is only so much productivity you can do on a smart phone. And as populations age and people’s eyesight naturally deteriorates the iPads size will be important. Until of course wearables like computer glasses are small and powerful enough but I doubt that will happen for quite a few years yet.

• edited August 2018

@universe said:

And as populations age and people’s eyesight naturally deteriorates the iPads size will be important. :D

• @Iso said:

@universe said:

And as populations age and people’s eyesight naturally deteriorates the iPads size will be important. :D

Lol👍

• @SevenSystems said:
    I do wonder though if diverting 0.0001% of that will enable them to implement a clock?

1,000,000,000,000 inn'rnet points for this spot.

• @MobileMusic said:

Their older iPhone X is outselling the newer Galaxy S9 and Samsung is disappointed with the sales. iPhone is Apple's cash cow:

https://www.google.com/search?q=iphone+x+outselling+galaxy

https://www.google.com/search?q=samsung+disappointing+sales+s9

Apparently they're currently number three worldwide for smartphone sales. https://www.axios.com/huawei-passes-apple-to-become-no-2-smartphone-maker-e15f10f9-58eb-4051-8d2a-d2dba98af765.html

The main thing that they've nailed is consistently being way way way out on profits. You're welcome, Tim.

• edited August 2018

@universe said:

@greengrocer said:
    "Where does it end?" Ian Curtis

I doubt it ever will. Like the industrial revolution we are now in the midst of a tech revolution and Apple are at the forefront of that. No matter what Apple haters say. They push the envelope that every other tech company follows. So it’s only likely to intensify. What with wearables and computers getting smaller and AR and AI.

They don't compete with copycats - they make competitors scramble desparately every year with their new updates. For instance, when FaceID it was released, it was 3 years ahead of competitors to catch up. They don't care about specs - they are behind competition with lack of high-end displays, memory cards, RAM, etc. What they do is squeeze every drop of performance out of their proprietary hardware and software marriage and offer minimal specs that work fluidly. When they catch up to competition, they nail the feature they are copying from competition which works way better. When they copied touch screens, they perfected it with multi-touch. FaceID is superior to competitors' face recognition (which is 2D and flawed). TouchID is superior to competitors' finger print scanner. iPhone was launched with 220 patents.

• Every year, everyone claims Apple is dying and approaching their downfall and they continue to bring in more money than ever before lol

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @SevenSystems : How do you find working with iPad Pro?

• @universe said:

@Iso said:
    Interesting to see that iPad revenues will soon be trailing behind peripherals & wearables & that no matter how expensive the flagship iPhones become, people are still buying them in the same numbers............does make me wonder about the future of the iPad.........

The iPad is unlikely to go anywhere for a long while due to the form factor and size. There is only so much productivity you can do on a smart phone. And as populations age and people’s eyesight naturally deteriorates the iPads size will be important. Until of course wearables like computer glasses are small and powerful enough but I doubt that will happen for quite a few years yet.

Computer glasses are a real challenge cause for people who have bad eyesight, as the data is written inside the lenses, they already have to compensate vision like the reticle of a DSLR camera while also providing normal vision to the user. So I would say few decades rather than few years.

• @Iso said:

@universe said:

Of course you can also buy a pair of glasses :)

• 'Subscriptions from Apple and third parties have surpassed $300 million, an increase of 60 percent year over year. Cook called the revenue from subscriptions "significant" and an "increasing portion of services."

There are now nearly 30,000 apps that offer subscriptions, a number that continues to see strong growth.'

https://macrumors.com/2018/07/31/apple-services-revenue-up-thrilled-about-pipeline/

• @bert said:
    'Subscriptions from Apple and third parties have surpassed $300 million, an increase of 60 percent year over year. Cook called the revenue from subscriptions "significant" and an "increasing portion of services."

There are now nearly 30,000 apps that offer subscriptions, a number that continues to see strong growth.'

https://macrumors.com/2018/07/31/apple-services-revenue-up-thrilled-about-pipeline/

See also the heated debates in the thread I earlier started about subscription models. Seems most people here don't like subscriptions, while somehow it seems to look like the future for a lot of apps.

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/27507/apps-with-subscription-models-opinions-discussion/p1

• @Telstar5 said:
    @SevenSystems : How do you find working with iPad Pro?

As long as I'm not using it as a clock, I'm doing fine! ;) (9.7" model though... I prefer small stuff (hugs his iPhone SE))

• edited August 2018

@syrupcore said:

@SevenSystems said:
    I do wonder though if diverting 0.0001% of that will enable them to implement a clock?

I do wonder how something like this can slip through quality control of a $1,000,000,000,000 company?

(note that it's not just showing the wrong time, it's showing it in a geometrically impossible way. Just mentioning because most people nowadays haven't even seen a real mechanical clock in their lifetimes :D)

• @SevenSystems said:

@syrupcore said:

@SevenSystems said:

I do wonder how something like this can slip through quality control of a $1,000,000,000,000 company?

I presume you’ve already sent a bug report to Apple? :D

• @Samu I'm afraid they'd kill my developer account for "Violating the 3rd-party embarrassment policy" ;)

• @SevenSystems said:
    @Samu I'm afraid they'd kill my developer account for "Violating the 3rd-party embarrassment policy" ;)

Really? :D

It should trigger anyone with even the slightest trace of OCD...

• @Samu OCD... right... I miss the times when things like "attention to detail" or "active personality" were just personal traits and not disorders ;) but I'm really getting off-topic as always... signature line under all of my exams back in school: "Very good, but not on topic". :)

• @SevenSystems said:
    @Samu OCD... right... I miss the times when things like "attention to detail" or "active personality" were just personal traits and not disorders ;) but I'm really getting off-topic as always... signature line under all of my exams back in school: "Very good, but not on topic". :)

Attention to detail will increase customer satisfaction, at least I’d like to think so :)
    Me want Apple to keep the head-phone jack on the new iPads...

• @greengrocer said:

@bert said:
    'Subscriptions from Apple and third parties have surpassed $300 million, an increase of 60 percent year over year. Cook called the revenue from subscriptions "significant" and an "increasing portion of services."

See also the heated debates in the thread I earlier started about subscription models. Seems most people here don't like subscriptions, while somehow it seems to look like the future for a lot of apps.

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/27507/apps-with-subscription-models-opinions-discussion/p1

I remembered there was a thread about it. The only advantage is off course that you can take a subscription for a short period of time which may be cheaper than buying an app for always.

• That’s a lot of money in headphone connectors saving...
    :trollface: