Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Any word on AB update?

Thanks.

Comments

• You're welcome :)

• mgmg4871 said:

Thanks.

+1

• Sebastian has not yet updated to iOS 7….I think we must weating a lot :) lol

• Isn't ios 7.1 due very shortly? I would have thought a lot of devs are waiting to see what it fixes, and breaks!

• Or maybe there waiting to release on one-year anniversary of the original AB release December 10th

• edited December 2013

We're currently beginning to beta test the new version of the SDK and app with other developers. We've decided to add one major feature to it which will 'change the game once again' (TM). Sorry, couldn't resist. That's why we're not almost out with a new version, yet.

You can expect some screenshots of the new stuff in the coming days though. Be excited. Be very excited!

• Thank you @Sebastian. I'm very excited.

• ok, I'm excited. Can we have some screenshots on the 1 year anniversary? a little gift for those of us who have been here since day 1?

oh, and thanks. I love this Audiobus stuff!

• I'm fine with that.That means i can spend the last tenner of my itunes giftcard on something else now :)

• Hmtx said:

ok, I'm excited. Can we have some screenshots on the 1 year anniversary? a little gift for those of us who have been here since day 1?

Yep, definitely.

• Awesome!!!!! That means we get info and screenshots in 5 days!!!! I'm starting a countdown!!!! :-) :-) :-)

• Finally….so I can stop using Inter-Fuck Audio!!!

• Hmm wonder what that major feature could be? Looking forward to finding out.

• edited December 2013

• Sinapsya said:

Finally….so I can stop using Inter-Fuck Audio!!!

Don't know what you mean?Using Cubasis and everything's fine.Mostly.Ah,wait.You use It with BM2,right? ;-) (sorry,couldn't resist)

• Is it time travel?

• It's not either/or. You can use IFA and Audiobus as the situation requires.

• Crabman wrote:
    Sinapsya said:

Finally….so I can stop using Inter-Fuck Audio!!!

Don't know what you mean?Using Cubasis and everything's fine.Mostly.Ah,wait.You use It with BM2,right? ;-) (sorry,couldn't resist)

I use Cubasis too, for you everything's fine with Virsyn Apps?

• Cubasis can't freeze the midi tracks of Virsyn apps... that's the main problem I've noticed. Other instruments work pretty well, so I blame Virsyn for that.

• If I remember right, Audiobus had also some problems at the beginning. In few months, IAA will rock the house ;-)

• @klangsulfat No problem for Audiobus at the begin...

• No,the Virsyn apps are an exception.But the developer is aware about the bugs and will fix them soon.He just couldn't test his apps with cubasis 1.7 before it was released.

• klangsulfat said:

In few months, IAA will rock the house ;-)

Maybe that's true, but right now it feels like IAA is about a year away from being where Audibus was when they launched a year ago.

• Ringleader said:

Hmm wonder what that major feature could be? Looking forward to finding out.

Midi would be nice..
    ..and the ability to save our setups.

Ok, I know that's two..but here's hoping.

• Doubt seriously that Apple will be anywhere near as responsive to problems as Michael and Sebastian.

• Is anyone using midi through IAA ?

I was using Mobile music sequencer the other day,mainly to try out the IAA implementation and
    I was pleasantly suprised.
    When you choose an external app or synth to play the selected track
    The audio and midi is automatically routed through the track (it receives the audio from the app and sends midi) to the app.

Sampletank was the biggest surprise,I've never managed to get all four channels in Sampltank to recieve midi,on four seperate midi channels,at the same time and I've tried everything and there it was,not only receiving midi on four seperate channels but also sending out audio into Mobile music sequencer on four seperate stereo audio tracks at the same time as four other synths were receiving midi and sending audio on seperate tracks.

So now I'm wondering is Mobile music sequencer using virtual midi or IAA midi or both.
    I know the next Audiobus update will run rings around the audio part of this but will virtual midi
    Be good enough ? and will Audiobus utilise it, I can't wait to find out.

Let the games begin !

• This may sound hokey, but will we be able to celebrate an update for Christmas!? I have a long holiday and would love nothing more than to spend that time rocking with fresh inspiration from AB.

• edited December 2013

Screenshots please ;)

Happy anniversary :)