Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Using music apps for work?

edited July 2018 in Other

I recently finished up a freelance job where I used Ruismaker FM to make some placeholder sound effects in an animatic. Although I use plenty of iOS apps in my workflow, this was the first time I’ve used any music apps on a paying job. It got me wondering, how many of you guys have used your music apps for work/a payed gig? What kind of gig was it and what apps did you use?

Comments

• I've used Gadget to make some instrumentals for animations before.

• @richardyot said:
    I've used Gadget to make some instrumentals for animations before.

Awesome! What kind of animation, 2d? I can see how Gadget can be great for this. I finally picked up Gadget with the current sale and have been having a blast, just picked up iM1 too (that synth seems perfect for animation).

• edited July 2018

@Keenan said:
    I recently finished up a freelance job where I used Ruismaker FM to make some placeholder sound effects in an animatic. Although I use plenty of iOS apps in my workflow, this was the first time I’ve used any music apps on a paying job. It got me wondering, how many of you guys have used your music apps for work/a payed gig? What kind of gig was it and what apps did you use?

Do you have a link to the finished result? Love to see your work.

• @[Deleted User] said:

@Keenan said:

Do you have a link to the finished result? Love to see you work.

Not yet, I think the documentary is still in production.

• edited July 2018

@Keenan said:

@richardyot said:

Awesome! What kind of animation, 2d? I can see how Gadget can be great for this. I finally picked up Gadget with the current sale and have been having a blast, just picked up iM1 too (that synth seems perfect for animation).

Stylised 3D character animations for an iOS app, can't post examples of the animations due to NDA, but this was one of the tunes, incidental music for a scene set in China, iM1 is perfect for these kinds of sounds:

• Used GarageBand for the background music (7 or 8 tracks in total) and most sound FX in an iOS game... apart from the extremely slow annoying animations when doing mostly anything, it was an OK experience :)

• @richardyot said:

@Keenan said:

@richardyot said:

3D character animations for an iOS app, can't post examples of the animations due to NDA, but this was one of the tunes, incidental music for a scene set in China, iM1 is perfect for these kinds of sounds:

Oh wow, nice, reminds me of Azuma from back in the day, one of my favs.

• @richardyot said:

@Keenan said:

@richardyot said:

Stylised 3D character animations for an iOS app, can't post examples of the animations due to NDA, but this was one of the tunes, incidental music for a scene set in China, iM1 is perfect for these kinds of sounds:

That’s was awesome! Post a link to the app when it gets released if you can. Good job with keeping it subtle too, I find its easy to overdo background music.

• @SevenSystems said:
    Used GarageBand for the background music (7 or 8 tracks in total) and most sound FX in an iOS game... apart from the extremely slow annoying animations when doing mostly anything, it was an OK experience :)

Post the links so we can download and enjoy! I saw mention of you working on games earlier but couldn’t find links on the App Store.

• edited July 2018

@Keenan here's a link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ncircled/id1387312877?ls=1&mt=8

The app is not free anymore, but one of the tracks can be heard in the video preview! I can see if I can dig up an MP3 or so, but I think the forum doesn't allow audio files?

• I used Layr, MV08, all the AUFX and Final touch to make the music and sound fx for two ads for General Pants here in Sydney. Also Dedalus Delay.

• @SevenSystems said:
    @Keenan here's a link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ncircled/id1387312877?ls=1&mt=8

The app is not free anymore, but one of the tracks can be heard in the video preview! I can see if I can dig up an MP3 or so, but I think the forum doesn't allow audio files?

That looks great and only $1 so I’ll give it a go!

• @99476598326 said:
    I used Layr, MV08, all the AUFX and Final touch to make the music and sound fx for two ads for General Pants here in Sydney. Also Dedalus Delay.

No idea what General Pants is but I like it already! Any chance the ad is on YouTube? I do love me some Layr!

• @Keenan said:

@99476598326 said:
    I used Layr, MV08, all the AUFX and Final touch to make the music and sound fx for two ads for General Pants here in Sydney. Also Dedalus Delay.

No idea what General Pants is but I like it already! Any chance the ad is on YouTube? I do love me some Layr!

I’ll see if I can embed it here

• @Keenan said:

@99476598326 said:

Here

• Other than this ad I’ve done other social media promos for festivals, parties etc. my partner who did the video she and I perform together audio/visual performances in and around Sydney. I use a lot of hardware but my iPad is always somewhere in my performance. Usually for fx or using ReSlice or occasionally Tardigrain for a background drone through the whole performance. I used to use Magellan a lot but it’s stability isn’t great anymore.

• I used Auria and the Fabfilter plug ins to master a couple of releases from people who frequent these forums and wanted it all done on iOS hardware just on principle. Since mastering is my day job, I guess that counts?

• I use apps for music projects with pre-school kids. Among others I used Borderlands, Singing Fingers, Loopimal, Pitch Paniter and a Skoog driving several apps like ThumbJam, Ravenscroft....one thing that worked very nice is letting the kids create a backing track with Loopimal and then let them improvise to it with pentatonic instruments. We also created two small „musicals“ with the kids with apps.