Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Digitone, iPad Ambient Jam

edited July 2018 in Creations

Hey, here is a Jam I recorded with my iPhone just real quick. Until now I haven't recorded anything yet, so its just an iPhone hanging above the devices. I am only performing live for my pleasure (and more or less for my wife's pleasure :)).
Thanks for listening. constructive criticism is really welcomed, since I am complete new to Ambient - may be its not!?!

Digitone is sequencing the internal tracks and 4 iPad apps.
And its featuring @benkamen incredible, amazing new patterning 2. This is my favorite drummer on iOS.
(Axon 2 as a little layering)

Comments

• edited July 2018

For a second, I thought you have a great acoustic guitar app, but it's you playing a real one - right?
    It's interesting to see the opposite of what I'm doing:
    Digitakt for drums and iPad for FM synthesis ;)

• That's really great, david. So excellent to see so many apps used in unusual ways, too, especially Replicant!
    How are you synching everything? Can't really see the connections out of the back of the Digitone. Are you sequencing the apps with the Digitone?

Great work.

• haha, thank you for listening and your feedback.
    yeah, its actually not really a guitar app, rather than my wifes taylor (in offbeat, man I need to get my timing straighter).

yeah, I am sequencing everything with the digitone. the workflow of live recording and playback is just amazing. Is there any app that can do that - in AUM? I hope I have overseen something, because I really want something like this iPad internal.

Appel CCK3 to digitone. thats it ;)

@rs2000 said:
    For a second, I thought you have a great acoustic guitar app, but it's you playing a real one - right?
    It's interesting to see the opposite of what I'm doing:
    Digitakt for drums and iPad for FM synthesis ;)

• Thank you Sir! Really appreciate you taking your time to give it a listen!

I am actually sequencing everything with the digitone. Its a super simple basic setup. integrating my Circuit was a step trickier ;)

Yeah I tried to hide all cable crap, even the fish pencil case is hiding the power cable for the digitone. I hate cables but they are so wonderfully reliable...

I have the iPad connected to the DN via Apple CCK3. AUM is sending midi clock into DN (its in the BPM Menu hidden) and DN is sending midi clock again to patterning2 (since its no AU<3, but works incredible good with state saving all everything!).

DN has 4 FM synth track that it can sequence. when I have these running I am activating 4 additional MIDI tracks corresponding in Sunrizer, Mersenne, Ravenscroft and Quanta.

Thanks again, I am glad you like it!

@ExAsperis99 said:
    That's really great, david. So excellent to see so many apps used in unusual ways, too, especially Replicant!
    How are you synching everything? Can't really see the connections out of the back of the Digitone. Are you sequencing the apps with the Digitone?

Great work.

• @david_2017 I really don’t need more temptation to buy a Digitone. Nice work.

• how do you say always? Thanks for your ears, man!
    Glad you enjoyed it and showed you a bit the other softer, gentler side of the tone ;)
    Its really great a machine and I don't regret buying it at all...!

@waynerowand said:
    @david_2017 I really don’t need more temptation to buy a Digitone. Nice work.