Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Save/retrieve Rozeta presets inside AB3?

Since last update, where I can use Rozeta plugins, I have been using AudioBus 3 more and more. The way audio units are presented is much better than AUM (using iPhone 7+). However I can't find out how to save and/or retrieve presets.

Here in AUM

AudioBus 3?

(I know presets are usually saved on hosts - that is not my question, just in case)

Comments

• _ki_ki
    edited July 2018

I only get the preset bar for some of the AU instruments and plugins. Depending on whether a keyboard is shown (the AU supports midi-in ?) the preset button appears in the following positions:

No keyboard:

Keyboard shown:

• _ki_ki
    edited July 2018

@Michael
    I did a run-through of all my AU plugins. Whats the technical reason why only some of them show the AB3 host preset popup ?
    AFAIK nearly all of them support saving the AU plugin state, which should be the same as saving to a host preset ?
    Another question - for some of the AU instruments, the AB3 keyboard is missing.

With AB host preset popup

AB3 instrument slot:

• Axon
    • iSem
    • MicroTERA
    • Model15 (no AB3 keyboard, but shows internal one)
    • Perforator
    • Phasemaker
    • Phonem
    • Ruismaker
    • Ruismaker FM
    • Viking Synth
    • VOLT
    • WaveGenerator

AB3 effect slot:

• ADVerb 2
    • DirectionalEQ
    • Discord 4
    • DLYM
    • EOS 2
    • EQ (ZMors)
    • FAC Chorus, Envolver, Maxima, Transient
    • FilterStation 2
    • FS Reverser Delay
    • Grind
    • Kosmonaut
    • Model15 Audiobridge
    • Perforator
    • Pumphouse
    • QuatroMod
    • Replicant 2d
    • Tardigrain FX (but not in instrument slot?)
    • WaveFolder

Without AB host preset popup

AB3 instrument slot:

• Bassalicious
    • Beathawk
    • BS16i
    • Cyclop (this does not even show the keyboard ?)
    • EGSY01
    • FM Essentials
    • iDensity
    • Infinite
    • iVCS NOISE, VCO
    • Jubal Flute
    • Jussi
    • KQDixie (this also does not show the keyboard)
    • Kronecker
    • Laplace
    • LayR (no keyboard on this one)
    • Lorentz
    • Mersenne
    • Mood
    • Noise Drums, Noise Melody
    • Pads
    • Phosphor 2
    • Physical Boncy
    • Plectrum
    • Poseidon
    • Quanta
    • Redshrike
    • ReSlice
    • RouteMidi
    • Rosetta (all of the suite)
    • Sensual Sax
    • StepPolyArp Unit
    • Streambyter
    • SynthMaster One
    • Syntronik
    • Tardigrain
    • Troublemaker
    • Vatantor AU
    • Voice Synth
    • Zeeon

AB3 effect slot:

• apeDelay
    • apeFilter
    • BlueMangoo EQ
    • Brusfi
    • DC-9 Overdrive
    • DerVoco
    • DubFilter
    • Dubstation 2
    • EQ (BlueMangoo)
    • F16 Filter
    • FuzzPlus3
    • GliderVerb
    • iDensity
    • iVCS ENV, iVCS SPRING, iVCS VCA, iVCS VCF
    • Lo-Fly Dirt
    • MicSwap
    • Objeq
    • ProQ 2
    • Resampler
    • RoughRider 2
    • Shaper
    • SpaceCraft
    • Svep
    • SynthMaster One
    • Turnado
    • Voice Synth FX
    • Zero Chorus, Zero Reverb
  • edited July 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • _ki_ki
    edited July 2018

@Max23 My research did not focus on whether the presets made sense for each of the AUs, but on why some AUs display them in AB3 and others do not.

Fortunately some of the plugins have their own preset system, so that one can also access the presets across different hosts. Such plugin preset management is prefered over host preset management - but best would be if apple implements a general api for global preset managment.

For ‚total recall‘ of project settings, it is necessary that each button / dial / slider whatever influences the output (midi or audio wise) is saved .

• Even the simple iVCS NOISE has two dials which are saved in the project
    • All dials and sliders of DerVoco are also saved in project settings of AB3 and AUM.
    • BTW, all above plugins have host preset saving in AUM.

If saving to project is supported, then saving into a ‚host preset‘ should also be supported, independand on how simple the AUl is.

And with that in mind, I think I even answered my introductory question
    I assumed that the preset button represents an AB3 host preset management system as with AUM, allowing to save, reload and delete user hosts presets together with factory presets - but AB3 only shows factory presets and offers no user preset management.

So my above research was unnessary work, since AB3 probably only shows the button for AUs that presetent their factory presets to the AB3 host. It‘s just too hot outside (and inside my rooms), i should think before hand :)

Only an AU without any dials, buttons or sliders are state-less and could save nothing to a project, but i didn‘t yet come along such plugin :) But i can imagine there could be pure motion / position / camera dependand effects or instruments without any user dials and buttons
  • edited July 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited July 2018

Could be nice to have AU presets saving like in other hosts, just to be able to quickly use some settings/presets from project to project. Basic feature IMO.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Janosax said:
    Could be nice to have AU presets saving like in other hosts, just to be able to quickly use some settings/presets from project to project. Basic feature IMO.

I think I saw a note from @Michael that this is on his list for future releases.

• @Janosax said:
    Basic feature IMO.

Agree

@lukesleepwalker said:
    I think I saw a note from @Michael that this is on his list for future releases.

I look forward for the update.