Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Intel 10nm chips not before x-mas next year

edited July 2018 in Other
The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• Rumors says Apple go 7nm with their next chips.
    But i guess the yearly increase will stop on ARM as well. They might add more cores which then could be also impossible to cool in these thin devices.
    However, maybe time to leave Intel for AMD or own chips or whatever.

• edited July 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I think that the wall was hit a while back.

Intel chips haven't really been improving and advancing all that much these past years, while Apple's mobile chips have been improving at a far greater pace.

That's why there have been numerous rumors around for a while now that Apple may one day ditch Intel CPUs for its own ARM chips. I guess that we'll see what happens.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited July 2018

You see the results with the i9. It‘s a very powerful cpu but really have to be tamed down a lot in thin notebooks. Especially the macbooks can‘t handle it.
    But still my old i7 from 2013 at 2.0 Ghz can handle much much more than my iPad Pro 10.5“ could.
    These geekbenchmarks are worthless mostly.
    Also the Apple chips throttle as well already.
    What i need is a steady stream of power and not just a short burst.
    But yeah, maybe time for another generation of high end cpu‘s.
    At least you get up to 12 virtual cores in a thin notebook which is great for a DAW and single instruments which supports this like u-he synths, Dune 2, Kaleidoscope and some others.
    I wonder if iOS even allows multi-core support for an AUv3 f.e. (i mean that one instance could spread the load).