Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Can i use iBassist with non Lumbeat drum apps

Can I use iBassist with other drum apps not from Lumbeat. Has anyone already tried this and which drum app did you use?

Comments

• If use note out under midi out on setting page works with any drum app that can receive midi in. Just tried a old one FunkBox and works no problem.

• If you mean syncing to drums, it uses Link so any Link enabled app should work.

• Thanks guys, gonna buy iBassist!

• It's pretty cool pairing it up with blocs and jamming on GeoShred!

• Does anyone use it with Beathawk?

• You will need to host iBassist and BeatHawk in something like AB3, AUM, or a DAW to use them side by side. What do you plan to do? I don’t mind setting up a test.

• Hello Wim, i have AB3 and wanna use iBassist with its chords and Hawkbeat acoustic drums to make some background jams to play on.

• @Frenq said:
    Hello Wim, i have AB3 and wanna use iBassist with its chords and Hawkbeat acoustic drums to make some background jams to play on.

You will have no problem then. Just be sure to start up iBassist before adding to AB3 or any other app or you won’t get any sound until that bug is fixed.

You won’t have the integration where iBassist selects drum grooves based on the bass line like you do with the LumBeat apps, but you can definitely create your own beats in any other app and play alongside.

• Nice, thanks for your detailed information.

• Man I love that Acoustic Drums kit in BeatHawk!

• I’m totally stumped how to get the chords midi out to drive any other app. Does anyone have a brief description of a setup they have done that works?

• +1 Me too.

• Someone? Lumbeat perhaps?

• After I get the midi routing set in the receiving app I usually have to go back in to settings of iBassist and tap the send chords button off and on again. Some apps I haven't gotten to work yet either. But beathawk fires right up..

• Also I've mostly been using as standalone so I'm not sure how it all works in Cubasis or AUM

• Doesn’t Doug show it in this?

• Thanks Jumpercollins, NICE BUT don't use AUM only AB3 and where ARE the synths?

• @Jumpercollins said:
    Doesn’t Doug show it in this?

No.

• Under iBassist settings midi out section set up your note and chords to the channel you need. Under the Synth app your using in the midi in settings set the same number bingo chords and notes sent through to the synth u r good to go. Inside a DAW it’s basically the same just look for the midi out/in section of the tracks you are using.

• Good one, thanks!

• wimwim
    edited July 2018

@Jumpercollins said:
    Under iBassist settings midi out section set up your note and chords to the channel you need. Under the Synth app your using in the midi in settings set the same number bingo chords and notes sent through to the synth u r good to go. Inside a DAW it’s basically the same just look for the midi out/in section of the tracks you are using.

Except there’s a catch. You have to visit the settings page in iBassist to get the notes to begin sending if you’re using it in a host like AUM or AB3. This is what threw me off. No matter what I did the notes wouldn’t go. But then by chance I went back to the settings page and suddenly the notes started sending.

I can make it work now, but only by following a specific order of steps.

1. Start iBassist
    2. Start the host
    3. Add iBassist and whatever app you want to send chords to
    4. Flip to the settings page in iBassist
  • Thanks Wim great work will try this tomorrow.

• Found this on YouTube from Lumbeat.
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=e0NnaXLG28E