Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Blank

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• edited December 2013

SO COOL!! This is actually the first time I've heard a song made in Jam Maestro that wasn't made by me or someone I know personally, so I was very excited to see your post :) Sounded really cool! Hearing those acoustic sounds just took me back to the months of sitting in my laundry cupboard (trying to get dead silence with a condenser microphone) recording the acoustic guitar over and over till I had no hiss.

Can you share a bit more about how you did it ? Just record different parts in loopy and then turn them on and off at appropriate moments? Did you play life too?

You could probably make this whole track in Jam Maestro alone in the upcoming version actually. You'll be able to have up to 16 acoustic guitars and suck in AUFX Space via IAA effects, and then just jam mode the repeating elements whilst playing the lead over the top.

Awesome stuff! Am stoked.

• edited December 2013

ps. to fix the timing issue (although sounds fine to me) you could have just done AudioCopy on a Selection and rendered it for looping in JM. That would have looped it seamlessly.

• Lovely. Nice to hear something without drums.

• edited January 2017
  • On the contrary I think its quite a novel approach to making music which means it comes off sounding quite original, which of course is a good thing. Let us know if you make more!

• @afxTwn That is really interesting. I think more people should describe their methods and procedures for making music. Agree with you about how laying a drum track first can dictate the rest. Sometimes the looser you make the arrangement the more creative you can be.

• edited January 2017