Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Patterning 2 where are the library drum kits/sample files on my iPad?

Get get no reply from the dev so can anyone point me the right direction please?

Comments

• From what I understand they’re not accessible even with files enabled.

• Mmmm, so if I download one of the drum kits they offer I do not have the rights to the folder where it is stored but it is stored on my iPad?

• I believe that’s the case. Everything is stored in a database which is part of the program itself.

• I see, maybe its not for me then.

• @[Deleted User] I believe the sample file directory is not accessible due to a deal with the 3rd parties who created the initial kits. An easy work around is to place a hit on the first beat of every track and export as a single bar, with separated tracks. I really wouldn’t let this put you off a very deep and unique app, it’s a drum machine not a sample library after all :)

• @Artefact2001 said:
    @[Deleted User] I believe the sample file directory is not accessible due to a deal with the 3rd parties who created the initial kits. An easy work around is to place a hit on the first beat of every track and export as a single bar, with separated tracks. I really wouldn’t let this put you off a very deep and unique app, it’s a drum machine not a sample library after all :)

Well explained. I just wanted to tell about the „workaround“, but I would have needed many more words... :blush:

• edited July 2018

So... I too would like to import all my P1 stuff, most of it is sample libraries I imported from AudioShare, but I want to bring in all my songs etc as well... Has anyone had success or troubles getting their P1 songs into P2? I will dive in and see what I can figure out myself, but would love anyone's tips. Cheers.

*Edit: Finally got into the manual .pdf file, trying export from p1 / import to p2, will report back...

• Success!!

So I ended up using my macbook to do the database transfer, but prob able to do it internally as well, but here is my process:

1. In P1, make a 'backup' of your database (from the file page, bottom left)
    2. On your macbook, launch itunes w/ ipad connected, file sharing, P1, drag database to desktop.
    3. Next select P2 in itunes (laptop), drag database from desktop to P2 fileshare folder.
    4. Launch P2, go to file / database / import
    5. Restart P2, you should have all your songs / samples...

Cheers!!

• @scottsunn said:
    Success!!

So I ended up using my macbook to do the database transfer, but prob able to do it internally as well, but here is my process:

1. In P1, make a 'backup' of your database (from the file page, bottom left)
    2. On your macbook, launch itunes w/ ipad connected, file sharing, P1, drag database to desktop.
    3. Next select P2 in itunes (laptop), drag database from desktop to P2 fileshare folder.
    4. Launch P2, go to file / database / import
    5. Restart P2, you should have all your songs / samples... Cheers!!

Be prepared to find many missing samples, unless your transfer magically worked. Mine was 2 gigs and a ton of them were missing. As a result, I just manually loaded everything again. All is well.

• I can’t stand not owning the material I use and I want access to all the samples on my hardware. I will PM the dev again so I can understand exactly how this works.

• I'm noticing that a lot of my kits are not correct... true. Seem to be defaulting to only a couple of them. Luckily, most of the samples were from my own library (not the cloud kits), so most of them are there.

• edited July 2018

@Artefact2001 said:
    @[Deleted User] I believe the sample file directory is not accessible due to a deal with the 3rd parties who created the initial kits. An easy work around is to place a hit on the first beat of every track and export as a single bar, with separated tracks. I really wouldn’t let this put you off a very deep and unique app, it’s a drum machine not a sample library after all :)

hey man, thanks for the intel. The Dev kindly contacted me and you are correct. I don't like not having access to the source samples of the drum kits I myself create in patterning or no access to the files on my ipad. These third party created kits should either be IAP's or fully free but open source. I have no issue with either way.

• @oat_phipps said:
    Be prepared to find many missing samples, unless your transfer magically worked. Mine was 2 gigs and a ton of them were missing. As a result, I just manually loaded everything again. All is well.

Me & @oat_phipps touched on the database import/export issues awhile back in another thread, and I too just manually copied everything over to P2 with the individual song & kit export to open in->P2.

When I first saw that the P2 sample files aren't accessible in the files app/iCloud it gave me pause to erase the Patterning 1 app/data-there's no data sharing going on correct? The individual kit exports done from P1 to P2 actually copied the files over right?

Just making sure before I delete P1...

• @JRSIV said:

@oat_phipps said:

Me & @oat_phipps touched on the database import/export issues awhile back in another thread, and I too just manually copied everything over to P2 with the individual song & kit export to open in->P2.

When I first saw that the P2 sample files aren't accessible in the files app/iCloud it gave me pause to erase the Patterning 1 app/data-there's no data sharing going on correct? The individual kit exports done from P1 to P2 actually copied the files over right?

Just making sure before I delete P1...

You need to first export your P1 database, then COPY it (not move it) over to the P2 side and import.

• @scottsunn said:
    You need to first export your P1 database, then COPY it (not move it) over to the P2 side and import.

@scottsunn The first part of my post wasn’t clear enough I think, I apologize. The database export from P1 to import database in P2 was something I have done. What I referenced by mentioning @oat_phipps is that when I did the database export several kits had missing samples, which happened to @oat_phipps too.

After trying it with the iTunes program ‘iTunesFileSharing’ as well as the iFunBox method several times I could never get the database to transfer (export/import) over smoothly. So I then went and did each song & each kit one by one. For example the kits has a share option, you choose that and .zip file export, then the “Open In” window pops up and there’s a “Copy to Patterning 2” option.

Since I’ve done this with everything from P1, yet can’t actually view the imported samples in the Files app or iCloud, I want to just get 100% confirmation that my P1app & data is fine to delete and not somehow connected with P2 is some sandbox sharing deal.

I hope my concern is easier to grasp now...I’ll also ask in the Olympia Noise forum. Thanks brother...