Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iDensity and iPulsrat? What are the differences?

edited December 2013 in General App Discussion

Hi all,
Just wondering if someone could shed some light on the differences between these two granular apps.
I am confused as to what makes either unique from the other.
Looking to buy iDensity but dont want to buy it if it is really iPulsrat that would be more useful to me.
Thankyou!

Comments

• iDensity is a granular loop playback player…
    iPulsaret is a Synth, have the keyboard and you can play chords…
    but with iDensity you can touch the wave :)

I personally like all two

• Pulsrat ... what an epic typo. :D

• He have Granulate the name :-)

• I use iPulsaret to create granular synthesizers for tunes (bass lines, drones - that kind of thing).

I use iPulsaret for more abstract stuff. acoustic-electro type stuff, weird ambient textures.

Personally I couldn't live without either, but your mileage may vary.

• Well that made everything much clearer...
    Lol

• Sorry, iDensity as a synthesizer. Stupid iPad keyboard...

• Both are granular sample players. IDensity is monophonic and you can play the waveform with your finger. iPulsaret is polyphonic with a keyboard instead of the waveform. Hope that helps, cosmonaut Buska.

• smeeeth wrote:
    Both are granular sample players. IDensity is monophonic and you can play the waveform with your finger. iPulsaret is polyphonic with a keyboard instead of the waveform. Hope that helps, cosmonaut Buska.

It's right... +1

• iDensity and iPulsaret might be not much to look at, but the functionality they offer is excellent. I've spent hours sampling bits from movies/songs and creating awesome ambient soundscapes with both apps. They can be used for genres other than ambient, obviously, but if you're interested in ambient or adding atmosphere to your tunes, you really can't go wrong with either of them.

• Great! Thanks for all the input from everyone, very helpful :D

• edited March 2014

• Simon said:

PHᐃNTᐃSM wrote: " if you're interested in ambient or adding atmosphere to your tunes, you really can't go wrong with either of them. "

Do they sound dramatically different or is the interface the main difference?

The difference is mostly in the interface, but they're both worth having. Being able to touch the waveform to play segments of it in iDensity is a lot of fun. iPulsaret's keys allow you to play melodies much easier, however.

• edited March 2014

• @Simon If you like Granular Synthesis like me, you can know that in iPulsaret there is much more type of granular mode then iDensity: Grain Glisson Sweep, Grainlet and Trainlet.

Plus have different effects and, this is my favorite: Grain Frequency Modulation.

• edited March 2014

• They're both really good.

Also fun is feeding synths into them through audiobus. The Oscillator and audulus are good for this.

Apparently the same developer is going to bring out an emulation of the VCS3 in September 2013... :-(

• The iVCS3 is still supposed to be out before Christmas...

• I thought it was some copyright stuff that held them up or something (the company that made the original), I could be wrong but can't wait until it's here

• I only ever saw the copyright stuff mentioned by people with no connection to the developer. The first person I saw mention it (on synthtopia I think) seemed to have a problem with the app even existing...

And yeah, I have no problem with waiting until it's right. This is a developer who makes solid, thoughtful apps. I have them all, even Stria. Which almost went onto my app regret list before I 'got it'.

• edited March 2014