Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

YARDBIRD SUITE/Charlie Parker meets iFretless Bass

Searching for the best acoustic bass I find iFretless the best so far. Charlie Parker was called "Bird". Short for "Yardbird" cause of his love for chicken, some said. But we know better. The man had wings. Usually uptempo this, his melodies work on every level. Ballad here. RC275 piano, two tracks, no fx.
And, as usual, no sustain pedal. Welcome your thoughts.

Comments

• I have but one thought.
    Gorgeous.
    <3

• Really nice. Great work on the piano.

• Not too shabby on the bass either. Really impressive skills all 'round. This makes me want to buy your recording of same from 1998 to see how your playing has changed. The fact that you're still recording without a sustain pedal and getting such a smooth sound just speaks to your abilities as a pianist.

• Actually, Yardbird Suite was done as a ballad, with lyrics, and it was called “What Price Love.” There is a version with Earl Coleman singing... Unfortunately, so obscure, apparently, that I can’t find a version of it online just now. :p

• I had to Google for more details.... from JazzStandards.com:

“‘Yardbird Suite’ [is] perhaps Parker’s most lyrical composition, and one for which he also wrote a lyric (he called the vocal version ‘What Price Love?’)”

Charlie Parker had performed his 1940 composition during his tenure with Jay McShann’s Kansas City band which did not record it at the time.

Bird recorded it in 1946. The Earl Coleman vocal recording shows up in 1948.

In his 1990 performance at a Parker tribute (available on DVD as "Tribute to Charlie Parker"), vocalist Jon Hendricks announces to the audience that the lyric for “What Price Love?” is Parker’s:

It’s hard to learn
    How tears can burn one’s heart
    But that’s a thing that I found out
    Too late I guess,
    Cause I’m in a mess.

• Wow @Lady_App_titude, I heard those lyrics often sung by my jazz vocalist friends but just assumed the were written after his premature death, like 'Round Midnight (I think). Did Bird do a ballad version of this classic? I never heard it.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Very nice track! 🎶👍

• @LinearLineman said:
    Searching for the best acoustic bass I find iFretless the best so far. Charlie Parker was called "Bird". Short for "Yardbird" cause of his love for chicken, some said. But we know better. The man had wings. Usually uptempo this, his melodies work on every level. Ballad here. RC275 piano, two tracks, no fx.
    And, as usual, no sustain pedal. Welcome your thoughts.

Wow! It’s fantastic the ability and feel you manage to achieve with virtual instruments. Bravo!

• Nicely crafted!

• Thanks @dawdles and @chandroji! Glad you liked it! I just bought a bunch of Beathawk inapps to try to complete my acoustics. Maybe some mallets on the next track. And again, thanks for taking the time to listen!

• I love this and how much it sounds like a full band right there in the moment. And those piano lines...nnnnn
    Stunning track

• edited July 2018

Very nice piano playing as always and this bass line adds a lot to the whole!! IFretless bass is played with midi keyboard?

• Thanks, @99476598326. Kind words always appreciated. Thank you very much as well @theconnactic. Most of the credit goes to the Ravenscroft 275 piano app and the iFretless bass. These instruments make you want to play. Now I have discovered Beathawk terrific acoustic sounds. Sure to inspire.

• @LinearLineman said:
    Thanks, @99476598326. Kind words always appreciated. Thank you very much as well @theconnactic. Most of the credit goes to the Ravenscroft 275 piano app and the iFretless bass. These instruments make you want to play. Now I have discovered Beathawk terrific acoustic sounds. Sure to inspire.

It’s not the tech it’s the person who uses it that defines the sound. Although it is a right nice piano..

• edited July 2018

Thanks, @lukesleepwalker. Appreciation! @EDB Wow, high praise. @Janosax always glad to hear from you. Thanks!