Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

CUBASIS 2 AUv3 Automation EXPLAINED │ haQ attaQ 291

Ok so Steinberg's Cubasis 2 has great support for Automating Audio Unit ( AUv3 ) plugins, whether they're audio effects like compressors and equalizers, or musical instruments like synthesizers and drum machines.

Parameter automation is something I work a whole lot with when producing my own music and it can be a bit fiddly to get into. So I made this complete tutorial and guide In the hope of demystifying how AUv3 automation works, show how to use it and how powerful this feature really is.

haqattaq

Comments

• That was enlightening!

Thanks

• Really deep abd helpful info as always top notch stuff! Thanks Jakob!

• Nice one, thanks.

• @LFS I'd love to see an option in Cubasis to see all the AUParamaters without having to record any automation just as we can see the Midi CC's.

Alternatively tap 'W' and tap on the knobs/parameters to enable the automation lanes without actually having to press play. This could also be used to 'snapshot' parameters at the current playhead location and Cubasis could then optionally interpolate from the previously set values. Just a thought...

• @Samu said:
    @LFS I'd love to see an option in Cubasis to see all the AUParamaters without having to record any automation just as we can see the Midi CC's.

Alternatively tap 'W' and tap on the knobs/parameters to enable the automation lanes without actually having to press play. This could also be used to 'snapshot' parameters at the current playhead location and Cubasis could then optionally interpolate from the previously set values. Just a thought...

I agree. It would make stuff much easier.

• Just the direction i needed. Hope steinberg mailed u a check for this.
    Thx!!

• Your videos are so slick and well done.

• @jakoB_haQ said:
    Ok so Steinberg's Cubasis 2 has great support for Automating Audio Unit ( AUv3 ) plugins, whether they're audio effects like compressors and equalizers, or musical instruments like synthesizers and drum machines.

Parameter automation is something I work a whole lot with when producing my own music and it can be a bit fiddly to get into. So I made this complete tutorial and guide In the hope of demystifying how AUv3 automation works, show how to use it and how powerful this feature really is.

haqattaq

Sorry, being late to the party...

We're so much enjoying seeing your great clips, jakoB!
    Please keep up the great work, and many thanks for your great support!

Best,
    Lars

• Thank you, this really saved my ass!

• Nice... So what more does V3 brings to Automation... Thanks..