Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

GAS - how many synths?

Comments

• There is a perfectly good reason to buy every decent synth... someone may have questions and you need to be prepared with experience or a decent test lab.

• @Samu said:

@MonzoPro said:
    I’m afraid to count, but whatever it is, ITS NOT ENOUGH

Yeah, can't have enough new toys :)

I can't even have all my apps Installed on my current iPad. Would need >256GB iPad for that :D
    But then again they have been deleted for a reason so it's no bigger deal...

Yeah me too - what with all my graphic design stuff as well I have to keep having a clear out!

• If I had all the money I've wasted on music related hardware and software then I could afford to buy all the stuff I really need, now.

I keep thinking I'll sell some of the hardware to generate cash for iTunes (or new hardware). But I'm pretty busy shopping.

• edited July 2018

about 25 synth apps, average $15 total $345
    another 20 on my Creamware Scope system, average $150, total $3k ... o:)

• edited July 2018

@Telefunky said:

Hey, cool stuff and

• I’m going down that long lonesome road, babe

• You never loose your Apps... Apple keeps them for you. They also keep you from giving them away (unless you have a family sharing plan).

• Many synths, no regrets other than the ones that I assumed would go AU and didn’t. I’m not bitter about those , sike. 👿

• edited July 2018

@Telefunky said:
    about 25 synth apps, average $15 total $345

Oops...Forgot to count my Scope! And the Nord Micro Modular...and damn it the VSTs on my PCs (hundreds)
    had a few TE OPs and a Volca but gave them to my kid...

• @Littlewoodg said:
    Oops...Forgot to count my Scope! And the Nord Micro Modular...and damn it the VSTs on my PCs (hundreds)

That is the nice thing about real hardware... you can pass it to the next generation and stimulate someone's life.

• edited July 2018

@Littlewoodg said:

this is the only VST synth I ever found useful for it's very different soundprint, despite the filter being a but screetchy when in high resonance
    https://www.kvraudio.com/product/sq8l_sq8x_by_siegfried_kullmann
    IOS synths like Zeeon, iVCS3, the PPGs and all granular stuff complement the Scope sound palette nicely.
    Hardware left is a Casio SK-8, CZ1000 and a Yamaha TX7 (desktop DX-7 module).

@Multicellular maybe you'll hear again from it soon in a big Vocoder Challenge ;)

• A total of 5 paid iOS synths since 2013. One hardware synth since 2001. Guess I’m hard to please 😒

• @onkey said:
    A total of 5 paid iOS synths since 2013. One hardware synth since 2001. Guess I’m hard to please 😒

Damn.....congratulations. Maybe you are the most creative here then ;)

• @onkey said:
    A total of 5 paid iOS synths since 2013. One hardware synth since 2001. Guess I’m hard to please 😒

WOW that’s amazing! Bet you know them 5 synths inside out :)

• Synths owned: lots
    Synths actually used: Quanta (laptop), LPX Retro Synth (laptop), Model 15 (iPad), Ripplemaker (iPhone).

So there’s that.

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@onkey said:

WOW that’s amazing! Bet you know them 5 synths inside out :)

@Cib said:

@onkey said:

Damn.....congratulations. Maybe you are the most creative here then ;)

Actually my hardware synth is a Kawai K5000 which comes out just once or twice a year. I live in hope that some day I’ll figure out additive but alas it has me beat. I thank Sunrizer for my app buying restraint. Still the most inspiring synth and a joy to programme!

• @Telefunky said:

@Littlewoodg said:

this is the only VST synth I ever found useful for it's very different soundprint, despite the filter being a but screetchy when in high resonance
    https://www.kvraudio.com/product/sq8l_sq8x_by_siegfried_kullmann

That’s a cool one alright, one of my first (free!) VST, when I was just getting into production on PC, in EnergyXT...

• Just beware....if you think G.A.S. on synths is bad it is even much worse with sample libraries :o

• @oat_phipps said:
    Yeah, I'm sure I'm up there but I'm cured as well. I've deleted too many and not going through my purchase list.

The only things I really regret buying are all the VirSyn apps. Those are just...not for me (aka crappy if we're being honest), and I fell for them again and again.

This!!!! I’ve bought an embarrassing ammount of synths on my iPad, but I always beat myself up for wasting time and money on all the VirSyn apps that I did.

• Around 100 synths .. I didn't count music construction kits that include synths, Gadget, Caustic, Oscilab, etc or other types of instruments. (sample based) ... 18gb free out of 512gb ., roughly 60-75gb devoted to games I rarely play and non-music apps. The majority = music related.

I keep saying to myself "enough is enough" but devs keep releasing great apps that beg to differ. ;)

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited July 2018

@chandroji said:
    A few synths here...

22 within Syntronik
    19 within Gadget
    20 AUv3 Synths
    17 IAA Synths
    9 Granular SoundScaper
    some more synths in GB, Cubasis and Auria
    and I’m sure that’s not all synths on my iPad... 😎

Too much!

The problem is, there are not only synths, what about all the other instruments, drums, sampler, sequencers, arpeggiators, FX, DAWs etc. ?

I’m afraid many of us are appaholics... 🎶

Us appaholics certainly make the platform quite a bit more viable for devs from a financial standpoint ;) .. I don't even want to know how much I've spent at this point. At least slightly over 2k .., but I don't regret it for a moment.

The same amount would have covered just one very nice hw synth - Matrixbrute or something of the sort - I honestly prefer the endless flexibility, productivity and fun I've had with my iPad Pro though, and wouldn't trade it for anything.

I'm starting to get into HW a bit and loving how iOS integrates so smoothly with that world, feeling less like a computer and more like a dedicated device. Once I have my expert sleepers ES-8, the iPad will be the brains of my burgeoning CV oriented HW setup - hopefully keeping it running for many years (decades+) to come.

• @papastank said:

@oat_phipps said:
    Yeah, I'm sure I'm up there but I'm cured as well. I've deleted too many and not going through my purchase list.

The only things I really regret buying are all the VirSyn apps. Those are just...not for me (aka crappy if we're being honest), and I fell for them again and again.

This!!!! I’ve bought an embarrassing ammount of synths on my iPad, but I always beat myself up for wasting time and money on all the VirSyn apps that I did.

Did you like Tera Synth? Virsyn is one of the few devs that I've been very selective with, only cherry picking Tera, Poseidon, Addictive Pro and , most recently, Reslice. Can't say much about the latter yet, but Tera was definitely worth it imho..easy to program something unique and interesting.

The other two synths were pretty great in the beginning but have since been sidelined by PPG and others.

• What i love about the Virsyn synths are the flexible MSEG´s which no other iOS synth offers.
    But i wonder what they do next when all their old code is sold again with a new shiny GUI.
    On desktop they are already a dead end and their iOS apps are far better in terms of GUI for sure.
    I don´t have much trust in future Virsyn synths but it would be a shame.
    But PPG Infinite f.e. is much better for me but it seems not much about it here as well now.

• @Dawdles said:

@Cib said:
    What i love about the Virsyn synths are the flexible MSEG´s which no other iOS synth offers.
    But i wonder what they do next when all their old code is sold again with a new shiny GUI.
    On desktop they are already a dead end and their iOS apps are far better in terms of GUI for sure.
    But PPG Infinite f.e. is much better for me but it seems not much about it here as well now.

Dig Reslice but haven’t used any of their others.

PPG Infinite is great but the AU is frustratingly limited. Lots of missing Params. Keeps me from using it often...Maybe also part of the reason there’s not much sustained buzz for the app?

Yes. First i struggled to put out that much more money for the plug-in of Infinite but then i realized that in this case you get what you payed for. Infinite Pro has some extra features and of course it‘s a „full“ plug-in on mac.

• @Dawdles said:

@Cib said:

@Dawdles said:

@Cib said:
    What i love about the Virsyn synths are the flexible MSEG´s which no other iOS synth offers.

Dig Reslice but haven’t used any of their others.

PPG Infinite is great but the AU is frustratingly limited. Lots of missing Params. Keeps me from using it often...Maybe also part of the reason there’s not much sustained buzz for the app?

Yes. First i struggled to put out that much more money for the plug-in of Infinite but then i realized that in this case you get what you payed for. Infinite Pro has some extra features and of course it‘s a „full“ plug-in on mac.

Haven’t checked out Infinite Pro for Mac/windows, I probably should! Just really wish the iOS AU had all the parameters that the iOS standalone has :(

Infinite Pro has several import features to resynthesize sounds. I love this stuff.

• edited July 2018

But like i said i‘m so far done with buying new synths until there coming more interesting in physical modeling. There i see a future (at least for me).
    F.e. this synth engine in the Continuum is amazing.
    Watch the whole video for really get an impression.
    Now think an engine like this with a GUI like Finger Fiddle or Geoshred etc.
    What i don‘t need is another virtual analog or wavetable synth now!

• @onkey said:

Please, please, give us that list :) :) :)

I read Sunrizer, what else?