Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

New AUv3 MIDI App: ScaleBud

Comments

• @wim thanks for the workaround for Cubasis. I really appreciate your help.

• wimwim
    edited July 2018

@cem_olcay said:

Yeah sure, that would be great! I'm waiting for the next month to purchase Cubasis, I'm an indie dev, you know.. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Maybe you’ll get lucky. Sometimes developers get given codes for development and testing purposes.

• Is there a way to add ScaleBud in Cubasis to a MIDI track, so that MIDI can be recorded, while at the same time, some Synth on another MIDI track also reacts to it, producing sound?

Somehow, I could not manage to do this - neither with the IAA nor the AU version.

• @tja said:
    Is there a way to add ScaleBud in Cubasis to a MIDI track, so that MIDI can be recorded, while at the same time, some Synth on another MIDI track also reacts to it, producing sound?

Somehow, I could not manage to do this - neither with the IAA nor the AU version.

You can do it with the IAA version. The AUv3 version won’t work with Cubasis as far as I can tell.

• Or ... so waaaayyyy easier! B)

• @wim said:

@cem_olcay said:

Yeah sure, that would be great! I'm waiting for the next month to purchase Cubasis, I'm an indie dev, you know.. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Maybe you’ll get lucky. Sometimes developers get given codes for development and testing purposes.

Yes ask Cubasis for a developer code, maybe Lars? They will usually provide a code to developers.

• Looks great will grab now lol.....

• tjatja
    edited July 2018

Many thanks @wim!

Don't know what I did wrong, but after your posting, it was a breeze :)

About using AudioBus, of course this was the first and most natural thing I tried B)

But I often end up using AudioBus, AUM and a DAW plus some instrument and Synths.
    So, from time to time, I try to redo things and just use the basic Apps.

BTW, why does your Cubasis look like that? :o

• edited July 2018

never mind. Lol

• @yowza said:

@wim said:

@cem_olcay said:

Yes ask Cubasis for a developer code, maybe Lars? They will usually provide a code to developers.

I emailed Steinberg for a Cubasis 2 developer license. I hope they will send me one on monday.

• @tja said:

Like what?

• The new update, v1.1 is on the way. Will probably released tonight or tomorrow morning.
    I added multi-instance support and custom user preset saving.

• @wim said:

@tja said:

Like what?

Red on white, not black

• @tja said:

@wim said:

@tja said:

Like what?

Red on white, not black

It's the LE version...

• The currently selected channel turns white.

• wimwim
    edited July 2018

@Samu said:
    It's the LE version...

Interesting. Actually it’s the full version, but upgraded from LE.

• @wim said:
    The currently selected channel turns white.

Noooo :D

The upgraded LE is a better explanation
    Thanks

• i’m trying to use two instances of scalebud on my ipad in aum or apematrix. i want to use one for chords and the other for single notes. but when i set it up only the first instance works. anyone else having this issue?

• Hi, currently AU is single instance only. But I already uploaded a new version, v1.1 brings the multi-instance AU. It probably will be released tomorrow.

• @cem_olcay said:
    Hi, currently AU is single instance only. But I already uploaded a new version, v1.1 brings the multi-instance AU. It probably will be released tomorrow.

Tried the multi instance @cem_olcay on the beta 1.1(8) getting instant crashing with 2 instances hope you can sort. Cheers. I’ve Emailed you with more details.

• Anyone tried this with StreamByter AU yet I should imagine it could be quite a powerful combo for splits etc.

• @Jumpercollins said:

@cem_olcay said:
    Hi, currently AU is single instance only. But I already uploaded a new version, v1.1 brings the multi-instance AU. It probably will be released tomorrow.

Tried the multi instance @cem_olcay on the beta 1.1(8) getting instant crashing with 2 instances hope you can sort. Cheers. I’ve Emailed you with more details.

Yup, thanks, I'm on it :)

• New update v1.1 released! You can set your custom presets now.

• Good news. Steinberg has sent me a promo code for Cubasis 2 and they assist me in order to fix the issue. I'll release a new update soon and you can load ScaleBud as "MIDI Effect" in Cubasis.

• @cem_olcay said:
    Good news. Steinberg has sent me a promo code for Cubasis 2 and they assist me in order to fix the issue. I'll release a new update soon and you can load ScaleBud as "MIDI Effect" in Cubasis.

:) :) :)

• @yowza said:

@wim said:

@cem_olcay said:

Already in exchange with Cem...

Best,
    Lars

• @cem_olcay said:
    Good news. Steinberg has sent me a promo code for Cubasis 2 and they assist me in order to fix the issue. I'll release a new update soon and you can load ScaleBud as "MIDI Effect" in Cubasis.

Hi Cem,

We look forward to see the AU MIDI update of your great ScaleBud app!

Best,
    Lars

• edited August 2018

@LFS said:

@cem_olcay said:

Hi Cem,

Best,
    Lars

New version v1.2 has released. I changed the audio unit type to 'aumi' and it now appears on MIDI Effects list in Cubasis 2. Thanks for help @LFS :)

• Still haven't fixed the slight horizontal dragging on a note/chord cutting it off completely. That's a pretty big thing to me and enough to keep me from using it. I know you have priorities and get bombarded by requests (often silly ones outside your vision of the app), but I feel like this complaint is a key one.

• @cem_olcay said:

@LFS said:

@cem_olcay said:

Hi Cem,

Best,
    Lars

New version v1.2 has released. I changed the audio unit type to 'aumi' and it now appears on MIDI Effects list in Cubasis 2. Thanks for help @LFS :)

Hey Cem,

Gave the new update a short check in Cubasis.
    Super great being able to load ScaleBud as AU MIDI effect now.

Thanks for the fast action, great and useful plug-in!

Best,
    Lars