PSA: Don't update to iOS 12.4 if you use apps in AB output slot or IAA apps that use the mic.
https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/34030/urgent-psa-hold-off-updating-to-ios-12-4-if-you-use-apps-in-output-slot-in-audiobus

How to record iOS screen captures in (((STEREO)))

edited July 2018 in App Tips and Tricks

iOS screen capture in stereo with perfect sync!

Proof...

Comments

• Thanks man! This is so good!

• Nice work!

• thanks, next step is to see if this can work with a camera microphone plugged in and AB 3.1. Could be some fun on the road rambling. 8)

• I need to get an Audio interface...

But which one??? :o

• Bonkers!

Thanks!!!

• edited July 2018

@tja said:
    I need to get an Audio interface...

But which one??? :o

For this I do like the UCA202. Only 30$, runs on ipad power, so no need for batteries or a power adapter and to my ears sounds great for the price. It is light weight and fits fine in my hoodie pocket for on the run stuff. I also have a couple Roland Duo Captures but they are more for stationary couch or (shudder) desk work.

• Nice!

Well, it has a Digital -> analog -> digital loop, so not perfect, but way better than mono when you need it.

• @Hmtx said:
    Nice!

Well, it has a Digital -> analog -> digital loop, so not perfect, but way better than mono when you need it.

Yah, the better the audio interface the better it sounds. When I am home I use the Roland Duo Capture which sounds just as good to pure digital for me.

• That's a nice 'trick' :)

The UCA-202 has quite a lot of 'bleed thru' between the input & output.

Try 'recording' something without anything connected to UCA-202's input while something is playing and then normalise the recording. (You'll get a low-frequency rumbled version of the stuff that was actually playing).

When I use the UCA-202 to record something I always monitor thru the iPad's built-in 3.5mm jack to avoid having the output bleed back into the recording. It results in cleaner recordings...

But for this purpose I guess it's fine :)

• edited July 2018

@Samu said:
    That's a nice 'trick' :)

The UCA-202 has quite a lot of 'bleed thru' between the input & output.

Try 'recording' something without anything connected to UCA-202's input while something is playing and then normalise the recording. (You'll get a low-frequency rumbled version of the stuff that was actually playing).

When I use the UCA-202 to record something I always monitor thru the iPad's built-in 3.5mm jack to avoid having the output bleed back into the recording. It results in cleaner recordings...

But for this purpose I guess it's fine :)

Yah the UCA 202 is for on the road youtube goofing only. As mentioned the Roland Duo Capture is for home and pretty amazing for this.

• “Proof” your demo in the OP is very effective in proving your point. I liked it and I listened the whole way through without caring at all that it had an extra D-A-D conversion. B)

• Very nice trick!!! I really liked your crazy BM3 track!

• @Hmtx said:
    “Proof” your demo in the OP is very effective in proving your point. I liked it and I listened the whole way through without caring at all that it had an extra D-A-D conversion. B)

@Janosax said:
    Very nice trick!!! I really liked your crazy BM3 track!

Thanks, glad you liked the track. :blush:

• @AudioGus said:
    iOS screen capture in stereo with perfect sync!

Proof...

nice!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have the audiofuse. Confused how to get it to work. Did not get any sound
    Connect input to output?