Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Cyclop is AUv3

Cool, right?

Comments

• Awesome synth.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Nice. Super powerful bass synth - we’re getting some good options to use with AU now, including Bassalicious.

• excellent :)

• edited July 2018

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees!

One more done, one more to go.

King

—————

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/cyclop-for-ipad/id976074849?mt=8

***** SUMMER DEAL - 30% OFF *****
    (Update is Free!)

• Haven’t updated yet, but big up Sugar Bytes for staying true to their word, and in reasonable time.

One of my favourite developers on iOS.

Bless

King

• Cyclop is cool B)

• Floodgautes are opening

• edited July 2018

@KING777 said:

King

Not seeing the built in keyboard in this ^ pic.
    I like theirs, (SB) because it displays and plays (so to speak) 3 octaves at once.

Could it be scroll like Sunrizer, or more stretch, or not there..

King

• edited July 2018

How well does the Cyklop AUv3 reload on session restore?(Ie. for example restoring a session in AUM).

I've had some serious issues with Unique and AUM. It's like 10% success rate when restoring a session even with one instance and In GarageBand it's also 'shaky' ie. it loads when it want's to and it doesn't matter if the iPad is freshly rebooted.

The problem is there are no 'crash logs' generated (haven't found any!) that can be attached so I don't know how to even properly report the issues. It feels like it's 'An Apple Thing' they need to sort out with extension loading...
    (Unique works flawlessly in Cubasis though).

• @Samu said:
    How well does the Cyklop AUv3 reload on session restore?(Ie. for example restoring a session in AUM).

I've had some serious issues with Unique and AUM. It's like 10% success rate when restoring a session even with one instance and In GarageBand it's also 'shaky' ie. it loads when it want's to and it doesn't matter if the iPad is freshly rebooted.

The problem is there are no 'crash logs' generated (haven't found any!) that can be attached so I don't know how to even properly report the issues. It feels like it's 'An Apple Thing' they need to sort out with extension loading...
    (Unique works flawlessly in Cubasis though).

I’ve only used Unique in ApeMatrix and not had any reloading problems in that.

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

Ok, I've had no issues with it in Cubasis or BM3. Only in AUM so far...

As awesome as Cyklop may be I'd love to see 'simpler' and awesome sounding synths for iOS in the spirit of the Microbrute and Monologue(especially with built-in parameter sequencers). Cyklop is parameter&options overload...

In the case of the Microbrute and Monologue...
    ...limitations do spark creativity!

• edited July 2018

Very nice. This is one of those apps/au updates i have most waited on ios. Cant wait to try to run this through slim phattys filter and overdrive..

• edited July 2018

Now this ^ is what I’m talking about!

Cheers Sugar Bytes.

All my user presets are there, as you would expect.

Plugins load last state/preset, as you would expect.

Gonna have to email SB about their keyboard though. We'll see..

All in all, this is proppa!

King

• This is very cool. However, I wait patiently for WOW.

• edited July 2018

Built in keyboard needed even more so here ^ (in BeatMaker 3).

But looking priddy!

King

—————

Added: Email sent..

• @OscarSouth said:
    This is very cool. However, I wait patiently for WOW.

I wait patiently for Effectrix!

If they boost the size of WOW like they did with Turnado, then I will reinstall/download and see what’s what.

King

• edited July 2018

Just found it is scrollable up and downable in BM3.
    Would still Love to have 3 octaves available though.. (can get 2 max in BM3/AUM)

King

• @Samu said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

Ok, I've had no issues with it in Cubasis or BM3. Only in AUM so far...

As awesome as Cyklop may be I'd love to see 'simpler' and awesome sounding synths for iOS in the spirit of the Microbrute and Monologue(especially with built-in parameter sequencers). Cyklop is parameter&options overload...

In the case of the Microbrute and Monologue...
    ...limitations do spark creativity!

I would like to see the simplified sound engine and fx of Groove Rider as an AU for the same reason of sparking creativity

• @KING777 said:

@OscarSouth said:

If they boost the size of WOW like they did with Turnado, then I will reinstall/download and see what’s what.

King

I operate everything by MIDI controller but a size boost would definitely by lovely in WOW. I love that app - such a creatively implemented filter and fantastic distortions.

• Shout out to Sugar Bytes! I had benched Cyclops because I kept losing my session sounds. Can’t wait to bring it back in to my workflow. It is a very capable bass synth.

• edited July 2018

@OscarSouth said:

@KING777 said:

@OscarSouth said:

King

I operate everything by MIDI controller ...

I’m opposite to this. The least amount of equipment (for me) the better. If I’m in the park, I want to be able to switch on my iPad and continue working as I’m used to... the iPad always stays/works the same way, wherever I am, (that way).

I know using iPad in live gigs/shows etc is different (and that’s what you do) so, understandable.

I guess having had a few studios, I’m more happy/comfortable like this (at this time).. etc etc..

———

For me using WOW was a little redundant as I have Volcano 2 and Saturn to fill those needs.
    WOW is great none the less, hence my future re-download if made larger..

Enjoy! ✌🏼

King

• edited July 2018

@gusgranite said:
    ... It is a very capable bass synth.

And much more!

King

———

Added: and now as AU<3, much, much, much more.. ✌🏼

• @Samu

Cyclop is definitely more geared toward sound design, less about writing music. If you want to spend time creating patches it’s pretty damn good. But if you want simplicity stay away from Cyclop. Although the presets are really good and there are many.

• Whoop - we’ll done sugarbytes, looking forward to the rest of the stable :)

• Ooh that’s a nice surprise - one of my favourite synths.

• @KING777 - That's awesome, but does your iPad actually function with 3 instances of that going inside AUM? I have a 12.9" iPad Pro (the 2015 model, but still no processing slouch), and while I don't really get glitches or slow down doing anything, Cyclops is probably one of the more CPU-hungry synths I've used. Fortunately, it just also happens to sound great.