Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

“My Love, My Love” - my new original song!

This is my latest original song, a rock’n’roll love ballad with very upbeat lyrics and a retro 60’s feel, with lots of vocals and guitars soaken in reverb. As always, recorded in Auria Pro (iOS) with an Apogee One, MXL mics, a Marshal JT-30 with a few stomps, a cheap strat and a cheap precision bass knock-offs. For the.video, clips from another classic movie, “The Lady Refuses” (1931). Lyrics in the description. Enjoy!

Comments

• I thought I heard Beatles in others of yours, but here it is for real. What are you imbibing? I want some! Love the backup vocals.

• Oh, yeah, Beachboys, of course.

• @LinearLineman said:
    Oh, yeah, Beachboys, of course.

@LinearLineman said:
    I thought I heard Beatles in others of yours, but here it is for real. What are you imbibing? I want some! Love the backup vocals.

Glad you enjoyed this one - thank you so much!

• Excellent song! Keep them coming!

• Damn, every few days @theconnactic Dmitri drops the mic on us...very cool 60's pop tune, very good stuff.

Now a few secrets? What did you do for drums? That main crash sound is awesome.

• @tonytutone said:
    Excellent song! Keep them coming!

Many thanks!

• @JRSIV said:
    Damn, every few days @theconnactic Dmitri drops the mic on us...very cool 60's pop tune, very good stuff.

Thank you a lot! I always write the drums in Garageband iOS's Drummer, then export each instrument to Auria, where I sometimes replace the kicks and snares with Drumagog or turn everything to MIDI to replace it with DPP. But this time, I didn't replace anything: just applied some EQ and FF Pro C2 and got the sound I wanted. Glad you liked it!

• @theconnactic said:

@JRSIV said:
    Damn, every few days @theconnactic Dmitri drops the mic on us...very cool 60's pop tune, very good stuff.

Thank you a lot! I always write the drums in Garageband iOS's Drummer, then export each instrument to Auria, where I sometimes replace the kicks and snares with Drumagog or turn everything to MIDI to replace it with DPP. But this time, I didn't replace anything: just applied some EQ and FF Pro C2 and got the sound I wanted. Glad you liked it!

That's a great way of working man. Especially since Files has made it very easy to get audio in & out of AuriaPro.

• @JRSIV said:

@theconnactic said:

@JRSIV said:

That's a great way of working man. Especially since Files has made it very easy to get audio in & out of AuriaPro.

Indeed, but it’s still very tedious: soloing drums pieces in the Drummer for exporting will trigger its “AI” to change the beat, the fills will change etc. Sometimes I have to copy the fills by playing them the best I can in one of GB’s acoustic drummers and separate each instrument in its own MIDI track to get the result I want. There should be a way to convert a drummer track to MIDI, but I’m sure Apple will eventually get there.

• @theconnactic said:

@JRSIV said:

@theconnactic said:

@JRSIV said:

Indeed, but it’s still very tedious: soloing drums pieces in the Drummer for exporting will trigger its “AI” to change the beat, the fills will change etc. Sometimes I have to copy the fills by playing them the best I can in one of GB’s acoustic drummers and separate each instrument in its own MIDI track to get the result I want. There should be a way to convert a drummer track to MIDI, but I’m sure Apple will eventually get there.

After my last post I messed around in GarageBand as I'm not very familiar with it, or let's say comfortable with it- it just is nowhere as user friendly as it should be if they just followed traditional norms of àudio technology. Make a traditional mixer, not a bunch of sliders hidden behind menus, etc... but I digress.

Yeah I couldn't see where the virtual AI Drummer (i.e. the "this is Dirk and he loves Vic Firth sticks & angeldust" auto drummer feature) can export any individual elements. So God bless you if you're doing that piecemeal one at a time.

In fact the only export feature I could find at all is to long press on the project name/icon, and choose the share option. It had stereo MP3/Lossless/WAV stereo export, some ringtone thing and a "project" export which I'm not sure is a defacto AAIF file like export of all individual tracks or the Garage Band only project export file type.

Lastly I know the Drumagog plugin in Auria is a bit older but I've always been curious about it. Interesting to hear you use it so much Dmitri....so I assume it works okay.

Be cool...

• Drumagog is fantastic!

• Beautifully done on every level. You set a standard for IOS.

• @McDtracy said:
    Beautifully done on every level. You set a standard for IOS.

Thank you so much for this comment! It means a lot!

• P.S.: @JRSIV, for GB Drummer to export one element at a time, just mute all the others a zero the fills (in a duplicate track). As I said, not a perfect method, because it will also trigger the AI to change the beat slightly, but it’s better than nothing. I have also to copy the fills verbatim to the best of my abilities to an acoustic drum (not a Drummer) track because the fill elements cannot be separated. Cheers!