Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Dreams Of American Jazz

EDBEDB
edited July 2018 in Creations

Hi guys, here’s a new track for your review/pleasure.

Dreams Of American Jazz https://choon.co/tracks/0xcoxh1cq7d/dreams-of-american-jazz

I’m still struggling with EQ related lack of knowledge, tools and processing power. I’m waiting for the cubasis update for ProQ in the hope that combined with tutorials will make a workflow I can use and learn from.
Worst offence on this track is the vocal sample I use has a feedback/buzzing sound I don’t know how to get rid of. Again, hoping ProQ’s surgery can help in the future cause the ones I’ve used aren’t clicking with my level of noobness.

Anyways, thanks for listening, hope you like it and thanks for the feedback.

Comments

• I don’t know why but there’s something wrong with this file, drums are out of sync.
    I’ll fix and upload

• EDBEDB
    edited July 2018

New verison’s up @ https://choon.co/tracks/0xcoxh1cq7d/dreams-of-american-jazz
    Edited the the original post’s link too. Don’t know what happened there

• A big shout to @AndyPlankton for cleaning up my sample :p <3
    Ty Andy

• @EDB said:
    A big shout to @AndyPlankton for cleaning up my sample :p <3
    Ty Andy

yw :)

• That sounds so much better now....... :)

• Yes, much improved. Still need more crispness (upper mid boost) and abt 1dB of gain, IMO. What is the source of the sample? What apps were used to create the music? It would be interesting if you would tell us us more about your process...

• What is the source of the sample? What apps were used to create the music? It would be interesting if you would tell us us more about your process...

Me too. I really enjoyed this. Was this your trumpet playing or a sample? Who was the sample talking about jazz? Good stuff.

• Hi @Lady_App_titude and @kinkujin apologies for the lack of details I forget anyone would be interested.

So this is all in Cubasis with nothing special other than standard internal fx etc
    Samples are from Loopmasters (D&B packs) except the obvious Martin Luther sample. The one of the guy talking is taken from

History of Jazz pt1

(I’m trying/am staying copyright free in ‘all’ my tracks so far)

I’ll ‘design’(?)/sketch a new set of break phrases in Sector but do the actual chopping and creating in Cubasis.
    Synths are a combo of chopped up Loopmaster sample and samples played/manipulated through the Cubasis sample synth.

The brass lead is another small group of samples from this pack: https://www.loopmasters.com/products/3978-Submotion-Orchestra-Electronic-Soul
    I got lucky and only needed a few to get the melody’s lines for this track. Originally I thought I’d need lots from the pack to keep the trumpet line interesting but I think it works well with the few used.

Where possible I’m trying to create a track a day (currently at about 2 days per) by focusing on this type of basic template:
    Ray Keith tutorial pt2

@Lady_App_titude I’ve uploaded a new version with the gain increased a little but I think I might have managed to mess that up too ‘cause I’ve no real listening gear (headphone and speaker shopping this weekend). Hopefully the increase helps and it’s not too much now, thanks loads for the tip, exactly the info I need.

Thanks to all for the tips, encouragement and listens, keep em coming ;)

• That is way cool @edb. A sonic adventure. You are rollin.

• You have good ears for assembling a compelling track from the tools. I know I'd kill to find a midi-instrument that can sound something like that trumpet. Still looking for a great trumpet. I find something close but they always expose a flaw at some point and ruin the illusion of a real jazz trumpet player. These loops create the sound I'm seeking... I just want to be able to drive the choice of notes too :#