Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Comments

• What is Hi Fi audio? Higher sample/bit rate or something?

• 44.1 khz instead of 22.5 ?

• edited December 2013

Updated and bought HiFi mode.
    Working ok on iOS 6.1.3, in all three AB slots :)
    Great update!

• @FRibeiro so what is hi fi?

Surely the dev didn't gimp the sound quality just to add it as IAP? Weird shit like that belongs with game developers. Chinese game developers... ;)

• Hi Fidelity Audio. I Don't know the exact specs yet, but It may be higher sample rate/bit depth, as the patches really sound a lot cleaner, with more highs and lows, and much more transparent. No doubt the app is sounding much better now.

• There's a dedicated button in the System menu for turning HiFi on and off, so you can immediately notice the difference.

• I've upgraded, but not bought the IAP. Jasuto sounds the same as it did before, no gimping in evidence.

• Ok thanks Fr.

Sounds like a weird IAP.

• @PaulB the button is there even if you don't purchase the IAP, so you can try it, but you can't save, share or record.

Strange is... I have and iPad 3 and an iPad 4. I've purchased the IAP using the 3 one, but now when I try to Restore Purchases on the other, it keeps saying my password is incorrect.

• edited March 2014

• edited December 2013

Well what is "studio quality"? I wish he could be a bit clearer on all that. I'm mostly just curious though.

For a modular synth noob (do not get along with iMS20 or any other cable stuff), is this one worth a shot? It does look very different from audulus, ms20 and that other one with yellow cables..lol I'm tired

Edit does it come with a lot of scenes/presets, any sharing system inside?

• edited March 2014

• Hundreds or we talking less? (I've really no clue how Jasuto works in regards to what a presets is, I'm guessing it's much like audulus tho?).

Can it be used as an effect unit in Audiobus (or IAA)?

• Why do you ignore my post, guys?

22.5 khz -> 44.1 khz

Also, in Jasuto manual you can read: "Enables higher audio processing (sample-rate and bit-depth)" on page 57.

• Because of the question mark. It looked like a guess.

• edited December 2013

Qmishery said:

Why do you ignore my post, guys?

22.5 khz -> 44.1 khz

Also, in Jasuto manual you can read: "Enables higher audio processing (sample-rate and bit-depth)" on page 57.

This is your first post in this thread ?

Edit: Or not. Sorry.

• edited December 2013

PaulB said:

Because of the question mark. It looked like a guess.

Because only developer can answer it clearly - so i putted a question mark.

Edit: Checked sound - some scenes are better with it, but some i'd leave with "lo-fi"
    For example, "Drist" (old scene from now gone community tab) sounds better without hi fi

• Just answering your question...

• edited March 2014

• My bad :(
    I thought it was a "suggestion"

• edited March 2014

• Shit, guys. Jasuto already confused my undercrackers off. Having read this thread, I'm close to buying new undercrackers.

• Could it be your undercrackers that are cracking your grooves?

• Ooo...did someone say crackers...is it Christmas yet..

• **ChrisG

For a modular synth noob (do not get along with iMS20 or any other cable stuff), is this one worth a shot? It does look very different from audulus, ms20 and that other one with yellow cables..lol I'm tired

Edit does it come with a lot of scenes/presets, any sharing system inside?

Dude if you can't get on with the ims20 my advice is to save your cash, jasuto is all about modular synthesis, so it's building from the oscillators right up to the amplifier and all between. It's like a small version of reaktor. Don't get me wrong there will be synth examples you can look at and steal sections of but you will need to understand sound design and structures to truly enjoy it, the ims20 is simply connecting cables for A structure that already exists in order to get more sound from it, this is actually creating the structure by joining modules.....

That is if it's the same as previous versions at least.

• Finally, i got an answer from developer

The HIFI mode does more than just up the sample rate (22/44kHz, btw). Some of the nodes now support double precision and oversampling in the HIFI mode, so this will surely demand more horsepower from your device.