Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

How can I have 2 Midi Keyboard Controllers use imidipatchbay presets at the same time?

I have an ipad mini retina and I use an Alesis Q88 and also an Alesis Vortex Wireless MIDI in a band for live performances. All iOS apps are on individual midi chanels being split and layered by iMidiPatchbay. Right now, I have to go into the iMidiPatchbay settings and switch master 1 from Q88 to Vortex Wireless to use the Vortex as a controller and then use settings again to switch back to Q88 as controller. Is there an easier way to have both as controllers of iMidiPatchbay presets and just play the keyboard controller needed for the song that I want to go wireless on? Let me know if there is a setup inside of iMidiPatchbay that will allow this.

Comments

• Have you tried setting both Masters to the same input channel?

• Well, I have Master One set to Device: Alesis Q88 on channel 1, and Master Two set to Device: Vortex Wireless on channel 2. The only way it works for me is to go into Setup and change Master One to device: Vortex Wireless — and then I can play the Vortex Wireless. Then, when I want to go back to playing the Q88 control, I have to go back into Setup and change Master One to device: Alesis Q88. Both control keyboards are set to transmit on channel 1. What method gets past the “Device” name and can that be something universal to switch between Master One and Master Two control? Thanks