Patterning 2 is here now

13567

Comments

  • Is it me or, can’t the ratchet feature be exported as midi (Ableton Export).. ?
    The video says ‘works on midi out’ here...

  • Excellent, my Patterning 1 database transferred over smoothly, even though I had to fire up the PC. Congrats on release.

  • @RajahP said:
    Is it me or, can’t the ratchet feature be exported as midi (Ableton Export).. ?
    The video says ‘works on midi out’ here...

    It can currently play MIDI out, but writing ratcheting to MIDI for Live Export is not yet implemented. I looked at it last week and realized it was a bigger job than could be done before launch. You could always just record the MIDI into ableton, while synced with Link?

  • @oat_phipps said:
    Excellent, my Patterning 1 database transferred over smoothly, even though I had to fire up the PC. Congrats on release.

    YES.

  • @benkamen said:

    @RajahP said:
    Is it me or, can’t the ratchet feature be exported as midi (Ableton Export).. ?
    The video says ‘works on midi out’ here...

    It can currently play MIDI out, but writing ratcheting to MIDI for Live Export is not yet implemented. I looked at it last week and realized it was a bigger job than could be done before launch. You could always just record the MIDI into ableton, while synced with Link?

    Ok... So much stuff to learn until.. thanks for acknowledging.. Wonderful app..

  • Thank you Ben.
    What's the chronology of your Roadmap on this one?

  • @kobamoto said:
    Thank you Ben.
    What's the chronology of your Roadmap on this one?

    Fix bugs, choose some new features to add. Repeat.

  • @benkamen said:

    @kobamoto said:
    Thank you Ben.
    What's the chronology of your Roadmap on this one?

    Fix bugs, choose some new features to add. Repeat.

    any chance one of those updates is a proper euclidean mode ? i remember you mentioning it waaaay back in a patterning 1 video's comments.

  • Fucking amazing work. How in the world is this 20 dollar app a serious contender for greatest drum machine ever? Congrats on (and thank you for) the release @benkamen.

  • @gonekrazy3000 said:

    @benkamen said:

    @kobamoto said:
    Thank you Ben.
    What's the chronology of your Roadmap on this one?

    Fix bugs, choose some new features to add. Repeat.

    any chance one of those updates is a proper euclidean mode ? i remember you mentioning it waaaay back in a patterning 1 video's comments.

    It's on the feature request list. Actually one of the more fleshed out proposals. https://github.com/olympianoiseco/Patterning-2-Public/issues/20

  • No iPhone :'(
    IPhone is a great midi controller...

  • edited July 2018

    @benkamen said:

    @gonekrazy3000 said:
    any chance one of those updates is a proper euclidean mode ? i remember you mentioning it waaaay back in a patterning 1 video's comments.

    It's on the feature request list. Actually one of the more fleshed out proposals. https://github.com/olympianoiseco/Patterning-2-Public/issues/20

    Is the idea here to have the app generate them for you? That Patterning makes it so easy to create these is already one of my favorite features. Maybe I'm missing something?

  • edited July 2018

    Pardon the petty question, folks, but this is the first time I've beta-tested an app for Ben... Do those of us who helped with the beta get to keep the app, or do we have to purchase it like everyone else?

    I don't really care either way, just asking (sheepish grin).

    Cheers!

  • @JohntheSavage said:
    Pardon the petty question, folks, but this is the first time I've beta-tested an app for Ben... Do those of us who helped with the beta get to keep the app, or do we have to purchase it like everyone else?

    I don't really care either way, just asking (sheepish grin).

    Cheers!

    Hey John, I actually have ~100 beta testers, so I can't really offer to give that many codes out. But the beta will be continuing to work and get updates into the foreseeable future.

  • @JohntheSavage said:
    Pardon the petty question, folks, but this is the first time I've beta-tested an app for Ben... Do those of us who helped with the beta get to keep the app, or do we have to purchase it like everyone else?

    I don't really care either way, just asking (sheepish grin).

    Cheers!

    By default, you have to purchase it. That is, as far as Apple is concerned anyway, using the beta version in TestFlight is entirely discreet from the app sold in the App Store. I've been offered promo codes before for beta testing but it's not that common in my experience.

    That said, you can use the current version you have installed via TestFlight until it expires. For some apps anyway, if development is active enough, you often get a new version before your current test version expires.

  • @syrupcore said:

    @JohntheSavage said:
    Pardon the petty question, folks, but this is the first time I've beta-tested an app for Ben... Do those of us who helped with the beta get to keep the app, or do we have to purchase it like everyone else?

    I don't really care either way, just asking (sheepish grin).

    Cheers!

    By default, you have to purchase it. That is, as far as Apple is concerned anyway, using the beta version in TestFlight is entirely discreet from the app sold in the App Store. I've been offered promo codes before for beta testing but it's not that common in my experience.

    That said, you can use the current version you have installed via TestFlight until it expires. For some apps anyway, if development is active enough, you often get a new version before your current test version expires.

    And then there's the sheer honor of knowing you were a part of it.... :)

  • @benkamen said:

    @JohntheSavage said:
    Pardon the petty question, folks, but this is the first time I've beta-tested an app for Ben... Do those of us who helped with the beta get to keep the app, or do we have to purchase it like everyone else?

    I don't really care either way, just asking (sheepish grin).

    Cheers!

    Hey John, I actually have ~100 beta testers, so I can't really offer to give that many codes out. But the beta will be continuing to work and get updates into the foreseeable future.

    Not a problem, Ben, I understand. I'm happy to purchase it. I just thought I'd check, you know, in case I missed some coupon code or something obvious like that. And so I'm off to get me a permanent copy of P2...

    Cheers!

  • Ben would it be possible on your GitHub to list what features are coming next, and btw I don't know if you'd be into it or not but I'd love to see a video of you discussing your thoughts on the app and where you want to go with it .

  • @benkamen looks great !
    Can you change a song / kit using program change ?
    Can you control randomize by an external midi controller ?
    Thanks :)

  • @benkamen

    Great app! Where can I locate the patterning sample file library on my iPad please?

  • don't be fooled by the lack of a beating on the chest nature of this dev, this update is major.

  • So like many here I was looking for AU on the feature list but (of course) I dived in anyway. Very nice - I am having great fun using P2 to drive itself but also routing audio out to AUM and ApeMatrix. Then using MIDI out into ApeMatrix to drive Ruis AU apps and Sunrizer with CC layers. This is awesome stuff and right now is working great :)

  • What would make it outstanding would be morphing between snapshots. I´m a sucker for morphing since i always can´t get the machine gun sound out of my head, even with complex patterns.
    So morphing between different sets would be awesome (f.e. a bit like Alchemy can morph/blend between different arpeggiator settings. Morphing and/or smooth blending is (at least for me) the best thing to add more life and even slight morphs are better than any humanize feature. Does that makes sense? Maybe not.
    However, this app looks great. Congratulations!

  • @Cib said:
    What would make it outstanding would be morphing between snapshots. I´m a sucker for morphing since i always can´t get the machine gun sound out of my head, even with complex patterns.
    So morphing between different sets would be awesome (f.e. a bit like Alchemy can morph/blend between different arpeggiator settings. Morphing and/or smooth blending is (at least for me) the best thing to add more life and even slight morphs are better than any humanize feature. Does that makes sense? Maybe not.
    However, this app looks great. Congratulations!

    Using the randomise, probability and per step layers should work fine.

  • Inspired me to load up patterning original.
    Having some fun. Just wanted those drum part buttons to do live sequencing in an update. Oh well. I will wait for an update and stick with the original :)

  • I am having a blast with P2, not only using the kits with audio but in AUM as a midi only kit driving DRC, Zeeon and Sunrizer. Amazing.

  • I had to dive in too. I really want this one to be successful and I like to think this app will help me make the music I want to make. You never know, @benkamen might come to agree about AU over time and add it in a future update?? 🤞

  • So has anyone got P2 driving the pads in BM3 yet? I tried to set it up but could only get it to hit a single pad. I tried the different modes but think I was missing something in the setup.

  • edited July 2018

    Hmm, was automation of sample-start & direction (forward / reverse) 'forgotten'?

  • @Cib said:
    What would make it outstanding would be morphing between snapshots. I´m a sucker for morphing since i always can´t get the machine gun sound out of my head, even with complex patterns.
    So morphing between different sets would be awesome (f.e. a bit like Alchemy can morph/blend between different arpeggiator settings. Morphing and/or smooth blending is (at least for me) the best thing to add more life and even slight morphs are better than any humanize feature. Does that makes sense? Maybe not.
    However, this app looks great. Congratulations!

    It makes a lot of sense. It is ...... probably..... (maybe not)... too much to hope for. Morphing is great- and underimplemented universally for some reason. Anyone have or remember the Morphex pedal from Abstract Data?

Sign In or Register to comment.