Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

I made it but don’t like it

EDBEDB
edited July 2018 in Creations

Hi guys, I’ve made a new DnB track for your review. I’m not a fan of it, volumes are all over the place, vocals sound..’roomy’(?) and there’s a key Metalheadz synth sound missing (on the edge of my ears somewhere).

In The Moment (on Choon)
https://choon.co/tracks/0ej5wusegx0/in-the-moment

It’s only my 3rd track and has taught me how much skill’s needed to sort sounds out and (next time) eq as I add things. Sorry if it’s a mess on your system.

I thought it past time to move on and get some feedback. Let me know what you think, improvements etc.
Cheers leg ends!

stealth edit: made in Cubasis with loopmasters/random samples

Comments

• Yooo not my kind of genre but it’s pretty sick ..you made it on iOS?

• I liked that. Production sounds great to me for online release. Maybe not enough for a club sound system, but I wouldn’t know.

The track has an interesting mix of sounds to my ears. About the only thing that I could comment on/suggest is the overall structure of the composition. It flows together very nicely, but I think you could go for a little more variety/contrast. Maybe one section, like a break, where it really shows some contrast to the rest of the tune.
    It may be a genre-specific type of flow you are trying to establish, but if so , I suggest breaking genre a little here. Just my ill-informed opinion.

You are definitely doing shit right, though. Keep it up. B)

• edited July 2018

Sound great, did you do this on iOS? I wouldn’t change much .. the three Rhodesey chords you are using are not in key (or a tuning issue) so I would adjust a few notes to get that right. Bass is working. I would saturated the drums if not the whole track. Again sounds great.

• yeah, cool stuff again! I really like the vocals you put in there, giving it a nice shift ;)
    Where are these from? Loop masters? :)

• @Paa89 @CracklePot @[Deleted User]
    Thanks you guys, glad it’s working musically. And thanks for the tips, I’m struggling to describe and fix the probs so his helps loads.

• @david_2017 ...I still forgot to say: it’s all in Cubasis with loopmaster/various samples.
    Ty for the props bro

• @EDB said:
    @david_2017 ...I still forgot to say: it’s all in Cubasis with loopmaster/various samples.
    Ty for the props bro

anytime, mate! Big Big Big up!!!

• Don't underestimate yourself @EDB. You seem to be ahead of the game.

• Ty @LinearLineman I was pushing for “I’m gonna make a track in a day” and pretty happy I got one finished :#

• Sounding good, I do hear why you say your not happy with it, there is some polish that could be applied to some parts, a couple of vocals that could be nudged either way to fit timing a touch better, but I think I only noticed because I was deliberately listening for it. If they sound fine to you, then they are :)

Every tune I make, and however much polish I apply, there is always something I feel could be better, you could keep going forever and never finish something, you have to stop sometime, and it is those tiny flaws that sometimes make a tune what it is ;)

I like the other track too ;)

• Hi @AndyPlankton thx and totally agree and why on this it was less ‘create a great piece’ and more ‘get better at a template and workflow, you’ve X amount of time - go!’

This vid from Ray Keith is my go to reminder for focusing on production to free up creation.

It’s no different to any other tutorial and some would say his method’s too formulaic but he’s got a very “don’t f** about and get it in, bosh,” attitude and the type of ‘reign it in, be creative where it’s right’ to stop us drifting that you’re describing.

Eeeeee I loves music

• It’s actually the 2nd vid of Ray Keith’s that I prefer as a ‘get on with it’ tutorial than the first one, which is a bit more ‘faffy’.

• I liked it, continue doing your music!

• Thanks for the encouragement @chateauduvalier it means a lot!