Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

FREE: QUANTA FILE KIT

Comments

• @InfoCheck said:

@skiphunt said:

@InfoCheck said:

@Samu said:

@skiphunt said:

Has something been severely miscommunicated on this? Or, is there really a serious problem with this app?

I've not had any issues with it after multiple un-installs and re-installs and our friend @thesoundtestroom has obviously NOT had any issues with it otherwise he would have not been able to make the video.

My conclusion is that this is a single incident that has been blow out of proportion, but that's just me...

I experienced a similar issue with the Safari freeze when using the search in the URL site area at the top of the browser. I’d never had any issues with Safari before this. I did update to iOS 11.4.1, purchased Quanta, and downloaded the preset zip to AudioShare and installed it in Quanta successfully as @Samu instructed in that order and about 30-60 minutes after, the issue with Safari started up. Clearing the cache, toggling settings off, and hard reset did not resolve the issue. I can access Google search using favorites to find what I want however when I click in the URL area at the top of Safari, the keyboard doesn’t show up and Safari crashes after a couple of seconds. Correlation is not causation. If any of these three factors caused this Safari bug, my bet would be on iOS 11.4.1 or the download of the Quanta presets. Will see if any more information about this Safari bug comes to light before taking any more action. Highly doubt it had anything to do with downloading the Quanta app itself though this is all conjecture on my part.

At this point I think there have been 3-4 of us that have experienced the Safari URL bug freeze in association with the Quanta, preset download. At least one person didn’t have 11.4.1 installed and this Safari bug has been reported before.

I've updated to 11.4.1 and noticed a couple of bugs in other apps that I know weren't there before. Apps that I use every day. So, pinpointing iOS11.4.1 as a potential culprit is reasonable.

So your issue also was ONLY related to installing 3rd party presets correct? And, do you believe that had you ONLY installed Quanta, the in-app factory downloads, and creating your own presets... that you would not have had any issues at all with Safari, etc.?

I can only speculate. I did just finish a chat with Apple Support online and the only solution turned out to be a factory reset, restoration of app data from backup, and downloading the apps from the App Store. With the exception of a few Apple apps, I can delete and restore them individually. You can’t delete Safari or the Messages apps. I’ll wait until the next iOS update as I have other browsers and can still use Safari if I don’t use the URL bar rather exercise the nuclear option they presented to me.

If I really need to go to a specific URL, I can enter it into the Notes app and click on it to load it into Safari.

I'd likely wait for the next iOS update too. I think iOS11.4.1 is likely problematic. My phone just wouldn't work, ie. the other person couldn't hear me. Other apps aren't updating their screen info unless I close the app and reopen. Haven't noticed any issues on the iPad Pro though. But, after clearing memory and 3 hard resets, got the phone working properly again.

Those who haven't updated to 11.4.1, I think I might hold off until the next one. There are other reports of rapid battery drain, but I haven't noticed that one yet.

• @skiphunt. You have until 9/1 to get it on the cheap. Waiting a bit wouldn’t hurt.
    I actually bought it, but am a little wary from the weird problems some people are reporting. So it is just sitting there for a few days, while I wait for further developments.

I have some other things to check out in the meantime. It seems waiting really is the hardest part. :D Now that I have it, I actually don’t mind waiting a couple of days or whatever, if that will prevent a system-wide meltdown on my iPad. B)

• Thanks for the share :)

• Thank you very much! Very generous :)

• I think I might try these in Tardigrain.

• @RJB said:
    Very generous, top shelf samples. Thank-you!

I felt they are ideal for this app and maximizing the opportunities!

• @Matt_Fletcher_2000 said:
    Thank you very much! Very generous :)

My pleasure..

There are some really interesting sound for granular action.

Tardigan Borderlands and of course Quanta.

I appreciate you using them.

People like you inspire people like me to give things away.

So thank you.

• @dblonde said:
    Thanks for the share :)

You got it!!

Just let me hear of some the magic you make with it!

• @gusgranite said:
    Top stuff. Much appreciated @RUST( i )K

yeah man!

Nice Patterning kit BTW

• @RUST( i )K said:

@dblonde said:

You got it!!

thanks Rustik!@ I'm gonna try these in Spacecraft and Tardigrain for now - I'm still not sure if i'll pick up Quanta but i'm sure tempted...

• Thanks a lot for sharing your samples @RUST( i )K ! 🙂👍
    Little problem here after importing.

I’ve copied your folder with the 126 waves into the Quanta Folder . After importing, I see the folder inside Quanta but no files? After trying a second time it’s still the same...😩

Any idea what goes wrong?

btw. Anybody know how to delete the empty folder inside Quanta?

• @Halftone said:

@RUST( i )K said:

@dblonde said:

You got it!!

thanks Rustik!@ I'm gonna try these in Spacecraft and Tardigrain for now - I'm still not sure if i'll pick up Quanta but i'm sure tempted...

Hell yeah they are prime material for granular synths due to the ranges of sounds and harmonics.

Let me hear what you make with it cool!

• @chandroji said:
    Thanks a lot for sharing your samples @RUST( i )K ! 🙂👍
    Little problem here after importing.

I’ve copied your folder with the 126 waves into the Quanta Folder . After importing, I see the folder inside Quanta but no files? After trying a second time it’s still the same...😩

Any idea what goes wrong?

btw. Anybody know how to delete the empty folder inside Quanta?

Put files/folder in your iCloud area.

That is how I dos it.

"Dos it" JB SMOOVE

• edited July 2018

@CracklePot said:
    @skiphunt. You have until 9/1 to get it on the cheap. Waiting a bit wouldn’t hurt.
    I actually bought it, but am a little wary from the weird problems some people are reporting. So it is just sitting there for a few days, while I wait for further developments.

I have some other things to check out in the meantime. It seems waiting really is the hardest part. :D Now that I have it, I actually don’t mind waiting a couple of days or whatever, if that will prevent a system-wide meltdown on my iPad. B)

Thanks! I likely won't be able to wait that long ;) I'd already have it but I bought a fresh discounted iTunes card during the Amazon Prime sale and it's and actual card instead of the emailed ones. The only reason I don't already have Quanta is that I'm waiting for the card. :)

I'm only asking the questions because I don't want to hose my iPad Pro at the moment. I don't typically use it for paid graphic/video stuff quite yet. I have migrated a lot of photo print editing to it using Affinity Photo, but even for that stuff I finish it off on the desktop. However, I recently forced myself to use the iPad for a low-budget video edit gig with stuff I shot.. to see it I could get from start to billable finish using only the iPad. And I pretty much did, but it's not final yet (may have to make a few more changes) and I don't want to have to trouble shoot a bunch of stuff related to 3rd party presets for Quanta and borked Safari right now if I can help it.

• edited July 2018

Sorry it won’t work!
    Now I have four empty Rustik folder inside Quanta! 😩

Any help is welcome!

P.S.
    As you can see I’ve imported the Grainscapes Supremeja Pack before with no issues...

• @chandroji said:
    Sorry it won’t work!
    Now I have four empty Rustik folder inside Quanta! 😩

Any help is welcome!

Keep them samples in AudioShare and use the disk icon on the sample page to load them when needed. Quanta has no built-in sample browser/manager. (You can also drag’n’drop a sample from a Files pop-over to Quanta).

I guess creating, deleting and renaming folders/banks will come in a future update together with patch & bank export...

• Thanks a lot @Samu !

• @chandroji said:
    Thanks a lot @Samu !

Got it?

• @RUST( i )K said:

@gusgranite said:
    Top stuff. Much appreciated @RUST( i )K

yeah man!

Nice Patterning kit BTW

Cheers. RIP Forever Beats! Now I need to do a ZedSynth sound bank for BM3... keep those dead apps alive.

• Thanx so much for these Rustik! To change the subject...I just had the oddest thing just happen to me on my 1st gen IPad Pro. I thought I would try playing with AUM being brave as I know nothing about routing stuff and connecting this to that so I decide to just plunge in with Quanta and a few FX apps. Everything was going really super until I started noodling about with Apefilter. All of a sudden thing an extremely loud high pitched noise starts screaming so I hurry to kill the volume but it did not touch the blasting blaring noise!!! Not good as parents are trying to sleep. So I rush to shut down the iPad and reboot it and then my cordless phone outlet screamed the same blasting noise tone at me as I tried to put the phone in its holder stand. It was LOUD!I am sure that the Whole street could easily heard it. Anyways, anyone know, what kind of a glitch this is? Anyone heard of this ever? It’s a new one on me. Now I don’t feel so brave experimenting again!!! I recorded fine just before with AUM. I swapped out various Au FX during this session. I am baffled as to what happened as I am anxious to avoid another repeat episode as I don’t know what I did wrong to cause catrastrophic noise level. Any ideas? A reboot seems to have resolved it thankfully and I closed out all open apps. I tried to google for info on this and got nada. Thanks for any help here as it was scary and has never happened in all my years on iPads ever.

• Hey RustiK - hope these are gonna stay up for a few more days until I figure out my iPad folders. The his pointed out to me how confused I am about Apple’s filesystem. Don’t want to start downloading stuff and bricking up my iPad.

Thanks for putting this out there!

• @ElektrikDiva yes, there’s a few apps that have go as crazy as you want and can really spike the audio when it crashes. I always have a limiter set at -5db ceiling on the master whenever I’m experimenting now because I learned the hard way while wearing headphones.

• Ouch Gus, so sorry about your ears!

• edited July 2018

@RUST( i )K said:

@chandroji said:
    Thanks a lot @Samu !

Got it?

Got it!
    I was thinking it was a presetbank. That’s why the Folder was empty.
    I reinstalled Quanta to wipe out the folders. Now I understand that you share just samples with us to use in Quanta.

Sorry for the confusion and many thanks again @RUST( i )K ! 😊

• @ElektrikDiva said:
    Ouch Gus, so sorry about your ears!

Thanks but your cordless phone outlet getting in on the screaming party is WEIRD! :astonished:

• It was awful Gus! I hope that NEVER happens again it was that bad!

• @Samu said:

@skiphunt said:

Has something been severely miscommunicated on this? Or, is there really a serious problem with this app?

I've not had any issues with it after multiple un-installs and re-installs and our friend @thesoundtestroom has obviously NOT had any issues with it otherwise he would have not been able to make the video.

My conclusion is that this is a single incident that has been blow out of proportion, but that's just me...

Agreed. I had no problems at all - however I do not use Safari - not my cup of tea. Used Chrome without any issue. I would also agree regarding using the Readdle Documents app - I use this as a Files app replacement/assistant- much more stable and with much more functionality.

IMO Quanta seems quite safe and stable (apart from a few file handling quirks). As there are a number of options - do not use Safari to download and install presets - better safe than sorry.

• @Samu said:

@skiphunt said:

Agreed. I had no problems at all - however I do not use Safari - not my cup of tea. Used Chrome without any issue. I would also agree regarding using the Readdle Documents app - I use this as a Files app replacement/assistant- much more stable and with much more functionality.

IMO Quanta seems quite safe and stable (apart from a few file handling quirks). As there are a number of options - do not use Safari to download and install presets - better safe than sorry.

• Many thanks for this!

• @Toastedghost said:
    Many thanks for this!

More than welcome.

Let me know what you do cool with it