Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Quanta for iOS released

Comments

• @Dawdles @Samu

I made After the bug/issue the update on the latest version of iOS 11.4.1
    nothing fixed it.

Backup, kill everything, restore... bug fixed. I won't use Quanta until this is fixed... wrote chris and hope he will respond this time!!?!?

• @david_2017 said:
    @Dawdles @Samu

nothing fixed it.

Backup, kill everything, restore... bug fixed. I won't use Quanta until this is fixed... wrote chris and hope he will respond this time!!?!?

Dang. My latest backup was some time ago.

So, I even deleted Quanta completely. Along with the downloaded presets. Updated iOS. But: Safari is still broken. What a %&X§!#* !

• Am I 'blessed' with my Air 2 since I'm not bumping into any of these crazy Safari issues people are having!?!

• Is anyone experiencing clicks when triggering notes. It’s definatley not the volume or the processor? It’s really noticeable when you have multiple instances going.

• edited July 2018

@LeonKowalski said:

@david_2017 said:
    @Dawdles @Samu

nothing fixed it.

Dang. My latest backup was some time ago.

So, I even deleted Quanta completely. Along with the downloaded presets. Updated iOS. But: Safari is still broken. What a %&X§!#* !

Maybe clearing stuff on Safari settings (hope you synced to iCloud)
    It may also help resetting network settings??

• @Dchild said:
    Is anyone experiencing clicks when triggering notes. It’s definatley not the volume or the processor? It’s really noticeable when you have multiple instances going.

Before deleting the whole mess, I had a lot of clicking and crackling. Even with only one instance running.

• @Korakios said:

You mean, clearing the Safari settings alone? Links and bookmarks? The settings in the general iOS settings menu?

• @Dchild said:
    Is anyone experiencing clicks when triggering notes. It’s definatley not the volume or the processor? It’s really noticeable when you have multiple instances going.

Yes I'm getting lots of clicks even with one instance, trying to adjust envelopes to hide them but not working for me. Hope this is something which can be fixed

• @LeonKowalski said:

@Korakios said:

You mean, clearing the Safari settings alone? Links and bookmarks? The settings in the general iOS settings menu?

I googled a lot and found many advices... in my case NOTHING helped. Absolute nothing.

fingers crossed you will get a fix, mate!!!

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Don't worry fellas, if history is anything to go by he'll sort it out in about 9 months after much protest just before releasing the next shiny thing. ;)

• @TheVimFuego said:
    Don't worry fellas, if history is anything to go by he'll sort it out in about 9 months after much protest just before releasing the next shiny thing. ;)

Haha

But I haven't had any problems yet

• Just scratching the surface for 10 minutes, but I also noticed clicks when playing notes. For the rest I like it a lot and hope this will be fixed soon.

• @LeonKowalski said:

@Korakios said:

Soooo... a successful first step. I cleared all the Safari settings, and it worked again. Then I switched every button (i.e. the anti-tracking) one by one to where I had it before, checking Safari after each step. What can I say: It‘s running again. Seemed to have momentarily difficulties with the settings in the first paragraph (the auto-fill thingy, I don‘t know the english translation), but then it sorted it out and seemed okay.

And NOW I‘ll risk everything: Going to install Quanta again. And the presets. Will I try to save a preset again? Nah, don‘t think so...

• Been watching from afar, which is where the top of the fence finds me. Think I’ll be staying here just a little while longer...

• I'm not so sure about this one as far as granular outcomes :(
    Does weird very well....

Preferring the very musical outcomes I'm getting from Spacecraft

• @Dawdles said:

@Carnbot said:

@Dchild said:

Yes I'm getting lots of clicks even with one instance, trying to adjust envelopes to hide them but not working for me. Hope this is something which can be fixed

Mmmm...Was wondering if it was a ‘clicky’ Granular or a smooth one... sounds like it’s a clicky one... Not sure how much they’ll do to change that? Is it like this on pc too and just a part of its sound/grain handling style?

I don’t think so. When I slowly play notes I don’t hear any clicks and it only starts happening when I try to trigger notes faster. Think something with the envelopes is not working like it should.

• Just woke up and found out about this Safari issue. I honestly don't know what the ever-loving fuck is causing that, but I'm gonna roll up my sleeves here in a minute and see if I can't get it to replicate. Gimme a bit.

• @Dawdles said:

@Carnbot said:

@Dchild said:

Mmmm...Was wondering if it was a ‘clicky’ Granular or a smooth one... sounds like it’s a clicky one... Not sure how much they’ll do to change that? Is it like this on pc too and just a part of its sound/grain handling style?

it's more noticeable on certain presets, but just testing alongside the desktop version sending the same midi from my ipad and comparing...and it is exactly the same. So not iOS specific.

• I do love the sounds of it though, not sure if there's a way to control the clickiness, will have to play around and see...

• @Chris_Randall said:
    Just woke up and found out about this Safari issue. I honestly don't know what the ever-loving fuck is causing that, but I'm gonna roll up my sleeves here in a minute and see if I can't get it to replicate. Gimme a bit.

Despite my ribbing, your presence here is appreciated in the support of the early adopters.

Wishing you a successful bug hunt, if indeed it is your issue.

• Just loaded a ambient wav file inside Quanta and it’s a big crackle fest. Using the same wav inside Ipulsaret and it plays buttery smooth, so must be something with Quanta engine that needs a fix.

• Okay, naturally I can't reproduce the Safari issue here. I tested on a 2018 9.7" normal and a 2017 12.7" Pro, both running iOS 11.4. Let me write down the exact steps to what I did, and someone that had the issue can correct me where I went wrong.

1. Deleted all the dev stuff for Quanta, so it's a bare metal install.
    2. "Bought" Quanta from the App store.
    3. Opened the standalone, downloaded the factory content.
    4. Minimized Quanta, went to settings to change files for Quanta to "On My iPad" (my mistake there; I'll fix it so that's automatic in the next update.)
    5. Copied the SJA preset folder from Dropbox to On My iPad -> Quanta
    6. Imported the SJA presets.
    7. Went through them all, as well as all the factory content.
    8. Here's where I can't repeat something you guys did: I tried force-crashing Quanta, closing it via double-homing, and minimizing it, opening Safari, and then doing Safari stuff, on both the normal iPad and the Pro, and Safari still works fine. Keyboard, blah blah blah.

So, there's a step I'm missing here. If someone could correct me so I can find this...

• With regards to the Safari issue some are having:

Back when Fuzzplus 3 was released, I sent this email to Audio Damage.

“There may be a bug with FuzzPlus 3.

I was finding difficult to send emails or log into the AppStore for around 30 mins. So I deleted FP3 and straight away all went back to normal.
    Do you have any ideas what it could be?”

I never received a reply to this email (although we did have a healthy email correspondence going, about other AD plugins).

I reinstalled Fuzz, same thing happened, so that’s gone..

Felt like an isolated case, as never saw anyone else with similar issue.

'This' reminds me of 'that', and may be similar 1s n 0s to Chris.

I had another big issue with another AD plug, won’t go into that, unless I see it’s necessary.

————

I’m not a granular type a guy, yet (haven’t messed with them much) so don’t have Quanta.

Hope it all gets sorted, and is somehow reversible for those affected.

King

• @Chris_Randall said:
    Okay, naturally I can't reproduce the Safari issue here. I tested on a 2018 9.7" normal and a 2017 12.7" Pro, both running iOS 11.4. Let me write down the exact steps to what I did, and someone that had the issue can correct me where I went wrong.

1. Deleted all the dev stuff for Quanta, so it's a bare metal install.
    2. "Bought" Quanta from the App store.
    3. Opened the standalone, downloaded the factory content.
    4. Minimized Quanta, went to settings to change files for Quanta to "On My iPad" (my mistake there; I'll fix it so that's automatic in the next update.)
    5. Copied the SJA preset folder from Dropbox to On My iPad -> Quanta
    6. Imported the SJA presets.
    7. Went through them all, as well as all the factory content.
    8. Here's where I can't repeat something you guys did: I tried force-crashing Quanta, closing it via double-homing, and minimizing it, opening Safari, and then doing Safari stuff, on both the normal iPad and the Pro, and Safari still works fine. Keyboard, blah blah blah.

So, there's a step I'm missing here. If someone could correct me so I can find this...

Well it actually went south when I made my first own preset with a wav. file from Audioshare. Quanta froze or crashed (don‘t remember exactly), after that Safari went down.

• I actually tried also to drag and drop the files into quanta... maybe thats relevant too!?
    Cant imagine that actually.
    I didnt use the dropbox for presets import, as i didnt got this method.

thanks for swinging over @Chris_Randall

• @Chris_Randall I must be 'blessed' by not having any Safari issues on my Air 2, iOS11.4.1...

I did however bump into some UI glitches...
    The matrix view is not updated when loading a preset unless tapping on one of the 'labels' on the left side.

And If I can make a wish, increase font size on the patch-browser.
    If possible optionally add +/- zoom & pan to the FEG's making them a bit easier to use especially when the number of points increases. The 'auto-scale' is a bit annoying to be honest.

Also there seems to be no way to create/delete/rename the 'banks'(ie. folders) unless I've missed something?
    Nor is there currently any way to export presets or banks. (I feel Quanta would be a good candidate for a AB forum monthly sound-design thing once the presets can be easily managed).

Over all It's working nicely on my Air 2 and I'm not experiencing the 'clicks'(unless intentionally using one of the shapes that 'click').

Cheers!
    /Samuel

• edited July 2018

I would like to know if samples are included in the custom presets and if i can easy share presets between iOS and mac. I´m interested in making some presets for this. I like granular.
    I can´t test the iOS version since it´s only iPad sadly.
    But no joke....if it´s open and modular it really could be the start of a Reaktor for iOS.
    Then my friend you have a winner here :)

• @Cib said:
    I would like to know if samples are included in the custom presets and if i can easy share presets between iOS and mac.

Yes. When you import a sample, it is converted to Quanta's PCM format, and then the sample rate is adjusted to whatever the session is. Then, when you save the session or save a preset, the preset file (or session blob) contains the sample, in Quanta's internal format.

The reasoning here was to make it super easy to share presets among the different devices, without having to do asset management. So if you make a preset on the iOS version, then use the copy/paste functionality, you can paste it with Handoff right in to the desktop version. Or just paste it to a text file, and give the file an .adpreset extension, and do whatever. For presets that are moving from iOS to the desktop versions, they'll naturally only have a maximum of six voices, where the desktop version has 10. But it will automatically adjust the # Grains setting to take in to account the bigger grain pool on the desktop one.

In a somewhat glaring oversight, I didn't give you guys any way to get the user presets out of the user folder other than copy/paste. I'll remedy that in the next go-round. The other major thing I'm going to do is give the preset import the ability to browse, so you don't have to put stuff in the On My iPad -> Quanta folder, and it's a little more obvious what is happening.

• Anybody else getting a horribly out-of-tune oscillator only when mixed with the grain 'oscillator' (using the 'Osc In' knob)? It's just fine and perfectly in tune with my sample if using the leftmost unmixed 'Osc Level'.