Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Quanta for iOS released

Comments

• @MdM said:
    did you use iTunes/dropbox/audioshare to copy across originally?

Am going to re-create the process on my ipad. Will import with iTunes and let's see if it works again here

I copied the folder from AudioShare to Quanta folder using Files.app.

In order to see the Quanta folder in Files.app the storage location for Quanta needs to be changed to 'On My iPad' on under Settings->Quanta.

I will delete Quanta and re-try the process.

• @MdM @Samu One strange thing now the AudioBomb presets are showing inside Quanta under user but the user folder I created has disappeared inside the files app!

• @Jumpercollins said:
    @MdM @Samu Thanks @MdM that’s now working for me after creating the user folder inside the Quanta folder and making sure Quanta is showing on my iPad local files the4 Audio Bomb presets I sent over are showing . Not sure why it didn’t work for you @Samu ?

No worries. I'm a pc guy but it was causing me problems too. I created a dir in Quanta and then seconds later it vanishes. Just got them all properly copied over. I used iTunes to Quanta dir and then import from file. Works but I cannot deny there's too much jumping through hoops for what should be a simple task lol.

• edited July 2018

My process for importing Quanta presets from AudioShare (Or any File-Provider) to Quanta using Files.app.

Go to Settings -> Quanta and make sure that 'Document Storage' is set to 'On My iPad'.
    If this is not done the Quanta folder will not be visible in Files.app.

Download the ZIP-File of the presets using for example Documents by Readdle.
    Unzip the folder (Documents can do this too so no need for AudioShare).

Make sure the folder name is correct as you can NOT rename folders inside Quanta.

Now in Files.app locate the folder with the presets, Long-Tap on it and select 'copy'.
    Navigate to the Quanta folder in Files.app long-tap and select paste.

Launch Quanta, bring up the preset menu and tap Import from Files.

A new 'bank' will be created under user with the folder name.

That's it!

Please do note that the preset folder will 'vanish' after import...

I've not found any way to create, rename or delete folders in Quanta on iOS.
    Neither have I found a way to 'export' presets or 'banks', maybe this will come in a future update?

• @david_2017 said:
    Anyone else with the safari shit? Seems to correlate though. Fuck

Did you try my suggestion?

• I've also noticed there is a 'screen refresh' issue in Quanta.

While for example in 'matrix view' load a preset and note that the 'matrix view' will not be refreshed until one taps on the 'labels' on the left side of The Matrix.

Sorry I suffer from OCD when it comes to App UI's this does not affect the functionality of the app, it's pure cosmetics.

• @Jumpercollins said:
    @MdM @Samu One strange thing now the AudioBomb presets are showing inside Quanta under user but the user folder I created has disappeared inside the files app!

Ios is very quirky or maybe that's part of the how it functions? No idea. My experience was the same as yours but the files are still there so maybe the folders become hidden somehow. Certainly not moved else the files would have gone with the directory.

• @MdM said:

@Jumpercollins said:
    @MdM @Samu One strange thing now the AudioBomb presets are showing inside Quanta under user but the user folder I created has disappeared inside the files app!

Ios is very quirky or maybe that's part of the how it functions? No idea. My experience was the same as yours but the files are still there so maybe the folders become hidden somehow. Certainly not moved else the files would have gone with the directory.

What I think is happening here is that Quanta simply 'copies' the presets to it's own storage space (to make them available to the AUv3's in all hosts) and then deletes the imported folder so it won't import it again by accident.

That's why I chose to 'copy' the folder instead of 'move' so I keep the original presets safe.

• edited July 2018

@R_2 said:

@david_2017 said:

Oh sorry mate. I was downtown and had no iPad with me. Unfortunately this didn’t do the trick also. Boy this is nasty.
    But thanks for your suggestion !!!

• @david_2017 said:

@R_2 said:

@david_2017 said:

Oh sorry mate. I was downtown and had no iPad with me. Unfortunately this didn’t do the trick also. Boy this is nasty.

Did this happen after you tried to install the presets, or are you just using the stadanrd installation?

Keen to buy this, but I don't want to screw up Safari.

• @MdM said:

@Jumpercollins said:

I moved 4 presets over originally, went through the same steps with the other presets but cannot get them to show, yes Quirky does spring to mind!

• @Jumpercollins said:

@MdM said:

@Jumpercollins said:

I moved 4 presets over originally, went through the same steps with the other presets but cannot get them to show, yes Quirky does spring to mind!

I did a similar thing because it was taking time to copy from iTunes. So what I did was delete what you've copied so far. Select file, hit delete etc. Then create a User Dir - I imported via iTunes. So copied all the files, located quanta and dragged the files over the user dir and then imported from file. That's what I'd recommend

• woww, Quanta! this is a dream instrument.

only thing that could make this dream baby better is if it could be run it as an effect, so that you could record into it directly, and better yet, use the live input as the source to cull from.

• oh no! I just noticed microtonal scales only work in the Standalone version!

• @MonzoPro said:

@david_2017 said:

@R_2 said:

@david_2017 said:

Did this happen after you tried to install the presets, or are you just using the stadanrd installation?

I wrecked quanta with the downloadable presets (as I tried to import these into quanta).
    After that I got the idea to check the Audiodamage website to see if the little triangle thing in the right corner has a function... yo, and then I noticed my safari is bricked

• @david_2017 said:

@MonzoPro said:

@david_2017 said:

@R_2 said:

@david_2017 said:

I wrecked quanta with the downloadable presets (as I tried to import these into quanta).
    After that I got the idea to check the Audiodamage website to see if the little triangle thing in the right corner has a function... yo, and then I noticed my safari is bricked

Thanks, sounds very weird.

• This synth is so bad (in the 80s way that means 'phat')!

• edited July 2018

It's cool but has some quirks and some UI elements are smallish.
    Bring on that 15" iPad or something :D

The auto-zoom on the envelopes is quite tricky when doing fine adjustments.
    (I'd much prefer a + / - zoom buttons and pan/scroll).

• somebody post the best video demo sporting the quality that you know of?

• I really want to get this but the Safari bug is pretty off-putting at this point.

• One thing to add to the files import...if you have a folder with the same name as one already imported it won't work. You have to have a new folder name for each import which will show under the Users menu.

• I am not far from using the backup i made yesterday to try a recovery from that damn safari crap.
    But it takes hours everytime to download all apps and stuff

• Not available in the dutch app store yet.

Waiting AGAIN....lol.

• @david_2017 said:
    I am not far from using the backup i made yesterday to try a recovery from that damn safari crap.
    But it takes hours everytime to download all apps and stuff

Out of curiosity, what iOS version are you running??
    I've had none of the issues mentioned in this thread on my Air 2, iOS11.4.1...
    (Sometimes doing an iOS update actually fixes stuff in the back-ground like cleaning app-cachces which can not be triggered manually and can cause havoc).

• edited July 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Dawdles said:

Do Apple generally update safari inside their os updates? If so maybe just use chrome or Firefox for now and wait til the next iOS Os update fixes things up again? Seems less hassle than reinstalling a ton of stuff etc? Unless you have a bunch of safari bookmarks and integration etc that you use day to day?

Safari gets updates with every single update Apple pushes out :)
    I sync my bookmarks to iCloud so there is no loss in 'reseting' Safari when needed.

• Thanks Doug for the link, cheers

• Using only the factory sounds to test drive and I am so SO s o S O s Z oZoZo. happy.

Worth the wait

• @PhilW said:
    I really want to get this but the Safari bug is pretty off-putting at this point.

Likewise.