Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Quanta for iOS released

Comments

• edited July 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @syrupcore said:

@Kühl said:

@Arpseechord said:
    Shouldn’t we be waiting a little bit longer for Dougs ‘ link?

I usually do, but I had to have it instantly.
    At the same time I popped into Doug’s latest video and bought an auv3 equaliser... :smile:

I think if you append "&at=1l3voJz" to any App Store link, it'll be a "Doug link". @thesoundtestroom please make sure I'm not fibbing.

If you copy a link instead of tapping it you can paste it into the Safari bar. Then, just append that "&at=1l3voJz" to the end. Couple of things:

1. If there is already an "at=xxxxxxx" in the URL, replace that bit.
    2. If it's a "clean" URL and there's not already a "?" sompeplace n the URL someplace, change the above to "?at=1l3voJz".

Or just wait for the link from Doug. :)

Possibly worth noting for newer folks: App Store links here on the forum get the Audiobus team's affiliate code appended automatically. I'm not exactly sure what happens if the link already has an "at=xxxx" on it and too much of a PITA to check on the phone.

In a sane world Apple would allow you to pick a “Preferred Affliate” and cut out the need for this faff ...

On topic, fairly sure I’ll pick this up despite drowning in granular options. I guess it brings new stuff to the table, certainly looks like it.

• @david_2017 said:
    Oh I have a complete other problem now. Not saying it has something to do with quanta, but exactly after it crashed it appeared. Whenever I open safari and browse all is fine, as soon as I try to enter in a new URL, the keyboard does not come up, safari freezes and crashes after 5-10 seconds.
    Anyone ever had this? I did a reset, powerlifting homebutton reset and an update to the latest iOS version...

I had the same problem.

• @LeonKowalski said:

@david_2017 said:
    Oh I have a complete other problem now. Not saying it has something to do with quanta, but exactly after it crashed it appeared. Whenever I open safari and browse all is fine, as soon as I try to enter in a new URL, the keyboard does not come up, safari freezes and crashes after 5-10 seconds.
    Anyone ever had this? I did a reset, powerlifting homebutton reset and an update to the latest iOS version...

I had the same problem.

Oh, and? How did you solve it?
    Dolphin browser works fine :neutral:

• @LeonKowalski said:

@david_2017 said:

I had the same problem.

Strange.
    Does Quanta include a hidden Safari addon?

• I tried every other suggestion

Disable iCloud
    Disable search suggestion
    Disable pre load tab thingy
    Cleared the history (oh my, hated that)
    Killed cookies...

nothing

• No, I haven‘t solved it. My Safari is dead. Just downloaded Firefox, which I am using right now.

• @LeonKowalski said:
    No, I haven‘t solved it. My Safari is dead. Just downloaded Firefox, which I am using right now.

Very interesting. Hope someone comes up with a fix soon. Super annoying

• @david_2017 said:

@LeonKowalski said:
    No, I haven‘t solved it. My Safari is dead. Just downloaded Firefox, which I am using right now.

Well, „interesting“ is a nice word for that kind of stuff. Anyone with an idea how to delete and re-install Safari?

• @david_2017 said:

@LeonKowalski said:

Does it happen in 'Privatemode' too? Try turning off suggestions is settings.

• DOH! I fail to import the presets but I have no problems importing *.wav files...
    Is the preset import broken???

• Anyone else getting the Safari issue?

• @MonzoPro said:
    Anyone else getting the Safari issue?

I downloaded the AudioBomb zip-file without any issues, Air 2, iOS11.4.1.

• MdMMdM
    edited July 2018

@Samu said:
    DOH! I fail to import the presets but I have no problems importing *.wav files...

I just tried the pc version. The presets (user) go in the quanta user directory. It's not broken it's just that location people are trying to load from is for wavs. So these presets need to be copied to the user directory (that last part is an assumption on my part).

• @Samu said:

@MonzoPro said:

Downloaded it too, no problems.
    Import into AudioShare. UNZIP and save into files. No import possible with quanta.

Anyone with a good connection to Chris from AD? Anyone else with the safari shit? Seems to correlate though. Fuck

• edited July 2018

Hello everybody.

Thanks for mentioning my link earlier in the thread. I will have a video out later today, but if anyone can't wait and would like to use my link, here it is.
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/quanta-granular-synth/id1408866172?mt=8&uo=4&at=1l3voJz

• @MdM said:

@Samu said:
    DOH! I fail to import the presets but I have no problems importing *.wav files...

I just tried the pc version. The presets (user) go in the quanta user directory. It's not broken it's just that location people are trying to load from is for wavs. So these presets need to be copied to the user directory

@MdM Where is the user directory? Is it inside the Quanta Files app tried this with 4 of the presets and all I can see is the default file under user?

• tjatja
    edited July 2018

Does this forum offer signatures below the postings?
    I need one where I demand App Store links :D ;) :)

EDIT: Thanks Dough!

• Good morning, Mr. Doug. I was waiting for that. Bought and looking forward to your video.

• @MdM said:

@Samu said:

I just tried the pc version. The presets (user) go in the quanta user directory. It's not broken it's just that location people are trying to load from is for wavs. So these presets need to be copied to the user directory

It's different location on the desktop (Win/Mac) but in iOS there is no 'user directocry' and no access to a global /Library/Audio/Presets or things like that.

I can see the Quanta folder in Files.app but that's about it and putting the presets files there does nada.

• MdMMdM
    edited July 2018

@david_2017 said:

@Samu said:

@MonzoPro said:

Downloaded it too, no problems.
    Import into AudioShare. UNZIP and save into files. No import possible with quanta.

Anyone with a good connection to Chris from AD? Anyone else with the safari shit? Seems to correlate though. Fuck

They work with the pc version but since it remains as default (ie not showing a list of imported user presets) i'm assuming we're copying into wrong directory

ok now I have them working lol

• @TheVimFuego said:

@syrupcore said:

@Kühl said:

@Arpseechord said:
    Shouldn’t we be waiting a little bit longer for Dougs ‘ link?

I usually do, but I had to have it instantly.
    At the same time I popped into Doug’s latest video and bought an auv3 equaliser... :smile:

I think if you append "&at=1l3voJz" to any App Store link, it'll be a "Doug link". @thesoundtestroom please make sure I'm not fibbing.

If you copy a link instead of tapping it you can paste it into the Safari bar. Then, just append that "&at=1l3voJz" to the end. Couple of things:

1. If there is already an "at=xxxxxxx" in the URL, replace that bit.
    2. If it's a "clean" URL and there's not already a "?" sompeplace n the URL someplace, change the above to "?at=1l3voJz".

Or just wait for the link from Doug. :)

Possibly worth noting for newer folks: App Store links here on the forum get the Audiobus team's affiliate code appended automatically. I'm not exactly sure what happens if the link already has an "at=xxxx" on it and too much of a PITA to check on the phone.

In a sane world Apple would allow you to pick a “Preferred Affliate” and cut out the need for this faff ...

On topic, fairly sure I’ll pick this up despite drowning in granular options. I guess it brings new stuff to the table, certainly looks like it.

Agreed. It's goofy at this point.

@thesoundtestroom said:
    Hello everybody.

Thanks for mentioning my link earlier in the thread. I will have a video out later today, but if anyone can't wait and would like to use my link, here it is.
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/quanta-granular-synth/id1408866172?mt=8&uo=4&at=1l3voJz

But I guess that's the &at=1l3voJz code confirmed. :)

• ok so to import imported user files click on the disk. Under browse I searched for Quanta - entered Directory. I don't know if needed - I was going by Pc version - but I created Dir Called user. I imported the presets from iTunes into this dir directory. Probably not needed. Then you go back to list of presets - I dunno if on factory or user but clicked on import from files and now they are listed and they work. Just tested.

• MdMMdM
    edited July 2018

@Jumpercollins said:

@MdM said:

@Samu said:

@MdM Where is the user directory? Is it inside the Quanta Files app tried this with 4 of the presets and all I can see is the default file under user?

I was going by the pc version - but click 'on my ipad' - I searched for Quanta - and then I created a directory called user. I don't know if we need to!? On Ios - no idea - but followed PC version, and it works on mine. Just copied the presets into the dir directory.

• @MdM said:
    ok so to import imported user files click on the disk. Under browse I searched for Quanta - entered Directory. I don't know if needed - I was going by Pc version - but I created Dir Called user. I imported the presets from iTunes into this dir directory. Probably not needed. Then you go back to list of presets - I dunno if on factory or user but clicked on import from files and now they are listed and they work. Just tested.

Ok, so it should be enough to create a 'user' folder in the Quanta Directory, Will check...

• @Samu said:

@MdM said:
    ok so to import imported user files click on the disk. Under browse I searched for Quanta - entered Directory. I don't know if needed - I was going by Pc version - but I created Dir Called user. I imported the presets from iTunes into this dir directory. Probably not needed. Then you go back to list of presets - I dunno if on factory or user but clicked on import from files and now they are listed and they work. Just tested.

Ok, so it should be enough to create a 'user' folder in the Quanta Directory, Will check...

When you do - copy the files in their - go back to main program - factory/user and import from file. Fingers crossed should work

• So great app :)
    But I am getting some bugs especially with gui freezing. iPad pro2 12.9

• edited July 2018

@MdM said:

@Samu said:

@MdM said:

When you do - copy the files in their - go back to main program - factory/user and import from file. Fingers crossed should work

Yeah, I created a folder called user under Quanta (but it doesn't matter what i rename it), copied the presets there and tapped Import from Files. It refreshed the perset view and I've now got an extra folder under 'user' in Quanta.

After 'Import' the folder disappeared from the Quanta folder that is found in Files.app...

• did you use iTunes/dropbox/audioshare to copy across originally?

Am going to re-create the process on my ipad. Will import with iTunes and let's see if it works again here

• @MdM @Samu Thanks @MdM that’s now working for me after creating the user folder inside the Quanta folder and making sure Quanta is showing on my iPad local files the4 Audio Bomb presets I sent over are showing . Not sure why it didn’t work for you @Samu ?